The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Every feel like giving up?

Anything related to matters of the mind

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I was writing this last night and thought it can help a lot of people here... No matter how big or small your goal is, you WILL get there if you take the right actions and never give up. This story should put it into perspective.

Chapter 11

Reaching Your Destination

Success

“Never Quit, Never Die.”

Do you have what it takes to be in the top one percent?

The other year I was on vacation in Hawaii and decided one night to drive to the top of Mauna Kea. Because it started at the bottom of the ocean, it was technically the tallest mountain in the world (taller than Everest). It reached just about 14,000 feet above sea level. High enough to fade out the city lights and become home of all the NASA space telescopes.

At the very moment the sun sets over the horizon, there is a green flash of light. It is one of the most beautiful phenomenon in the world and can only be seen from this destination. There was no chance I was going to miss out on this. My goal was to make it to the top.

Anybody can make it through this journey and reach the top, but very few choose to take that first step, most people quit along the way, and even fewer make it to the finish line.

There are those people who would like to make it to the top of the mountain, but instead, they decided to spend their time drinking at the bar in the resort and swimming in the pool. You start your journey, and their goals are not aligned with yours.

These are the people who fade out of your life very quickly when you begin your path to success.

We embark on our journey via a tour van along with about ten other people. Shortly into the trip, as we drive through the tourist town, two of the people see a cool strip of restaurants and shops and decide to drop out very quickly. They tempt us to go with them, but we know that greater things await us if we keep pressing forward. They are the ones distracted by the next shiny object. Often times the need for immediate gratification distracts people from the bigger goals in life.

These people are very persuasive, and push you to join them.

We are left with eight.

7,000 feet up, we stop for an early dinner and meet with another tour van coming down from earlier in the day. Two more people bail on the trip. There was some show going on at 8 p.m. and they learned that they wouldn’t make it back in time. They take the extra seats on the van going down the mountain back to the resort.

We are left with six.

9,000 feet up is the area where the NASA scientists use for lodging when they rotate in and out of the observatories. It serves as a transition to avoid altitude sickness. There was also a museum or gift shop there. Being cramped up in a car all day became too much for two of the others so they decided to look through the museum while the rest of us continued all the way to the top.

We are left with four.

It is easiest to quit the moment before you achieve success

Up until this point, it was smooth sailing. Aside from being in a car for the last (who knows how many) hours, it was a pretty easy journey. The hardest part of the journey is just getting the motivation to get started. After that, you are accustomed to pushing forward.

Pushing 11,000 feet, the van we were in began having some problems. We had to stop on the side of the road along the way to get it sorted out. We could either quit now and coast down the mountain to safety, or take the risk of overheating and keep going up towards our destination.

Despite the obstacles, we adjusted and kept pushing forward.

At 12,000 feet, we noticed the change in altitude and breathing became a little more difficult. One person had trouble breathing and the tour guide asked if we wanted to have them grab a ride on another vehicle we see going down. He opted for the supplemental oxygen and kept pushing forward

The few of us who remained had our eye on the prize and we kept pushing forward.

This is the point where the engine began making some weird sounds. You can hear the fan being worked to its limits. On every journey to success, there is that one final test before you make it. The test that makes it so easy to give up. It is almost too tempting to give up at this point. “Success” (if it were a person) wants you to prove to it that the goal you are going after is really what you want. We can make it anywhere in life, as long as we keep pushing forward.

When you don’t give up and push through that lowest of low points along your journey…that is the moment where you passed the test and reach your destination. That next turn we made was what brought us to the top of the mountain.

Arriving just in time, that green flash was one of the coolest natural phenomenon I’ve ever seen in my life. We also got to take a look at the NASA space telescopes. Both were one of a kind experiences that most people don’t ever get to experience firsthand. Few people it to the top, and because we stuck it out and never gave up…we became one of those few.

Anybody who’s reached the top of their journey to success can understand that this is the best feeling of the world, and was worth the work, the pain, and the struggle to get there.

The harder you work for it, the better it will feel.

Once you reach the top.

As we go back down the mountain, we picked the two others who bought a picture book of the NASA space telescopes and the green flash from the gift shop. They were really excited and happy with how cool the high quality pictures were, and they even saw a video on TV showing the green flash caught on camera. When we got back to the resort, the resort also sold that same book in the gift shop.

The few of us who experienced it firsthand looked at each other with a certain understanding when they bragged about what they read in a book (you’ll know exactly what I mean by that understanding between us who have made it when you get there yourself).

The One Percent

There are those people who will read about success in books, and see it on TV. They have the excitement and energy when they first start. Many people won’t even get started, and many others will quickly fade away when they don’t see any immediate results. Others will quit and go back to their everyday lives halfway through the journey. Others will quit right before they reach the top, claiming the journey was a waste of their time.

And no matter how amazing things look in books, or how far some people make it in the journey, it is only those select few who push forward at any cost and push past the final tests who make it to the top. And I can tell you from my experience, nothing compares experiencing success for yourself, and it was worth every ounce of my energy to get there.

All it takes to experience an amazing life that other people can only dream of is to always be taking action towards your goals, push forward through every obstacle, and never give up…because once you make it to the top, you can finally say that you lived…and it feels amazing.

Never give up.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alche

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Mar 18, 2015
Awesome post AndrewNC, I'm in a low point right now and although I don't feel like giving up, I am wasting free time I shouldn't be wasting. This was a good reminder.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Awesome post AndrewNC, I'm in a low point right now and although I don't feel like giving up, I am wasting free time I shouldn't be wasting. This was a good reminder.
Keep pushing forward, put others before you when you're solving their problems, and listen to your mentors, and you will get there.

I was at that point about 14 months ago where I wasted time and was at a low.... 9 months ago I quit my job and spent a lot of it traveling. Finally got around to putting together my gopro footage

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
Great post!

Keep going and pushing reminds me of a breakthrough I had earlier today.
10 AM, open my apartment door, back from gym, and can see that my stepdad had been waking up. By 6AM, my clock rang and I crossed my to-dolist, one by one. Then I pushed those F*cking annoying weights at the gym. By the time he had been woking up and starting his day, I was already miles ahead of him.

And that was when I had that Aha-moment. Because people tell you that everyone has 24 hours and you got to make it count, and so on. But now I finally realised what a big advantage you have when you are disciplined with your time. F*ck, those people who wake up at 8, will never catch me!

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
AndrewNC Great read man, I've never understood lack of motivation, Although I witness it in others all the time.
Until Friday When I took my Best friend (10 year old Boxer dog) to the vet to be put down. I've been Homeless with that dog. On top of the world with that dog. She saved me from being robbed on my own front porch about 8 years ago. Long story, But it ended with two Wanna be gang members holding onto there sagging pants while my dog chased them down the street.
Anyway having my best friends Life leave her body in my arms Sucked the fight rite out of me. This Morning I woke up to -30C and a flat tire. First time in my slowlane career. I couldn't push through. I stayed home. And reading your story Teared me up And Lifted me up. I greatly appreciate it.

Shdreams.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
That was an awesome read, I want to go there someday myself. Is the road to getting to the top of that mountain always that difficult or was it just some errors that happened when you were there? Either way I want to be able to see through a NASA telescope so when I begin traveling the world Mauna Kea is added to the list, for sure.

Peta of JamRock

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Feb 10, 2015
Kingston, Jamaica
I'm pretty much nodding off as I clicked this thread, but this feels like something I need. I'm at a bit of a low-point right now, so I'll read it in the morning when I'm fresher.

(By the way, if there are threads for people who are battling health issues while building their fastlane vehicle, please point me in that direction.)

Alche

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Mar 18, 2015
Not to derail but Andrew really cool website just had a look. What made you go with the tld .academy?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.