The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Srs dessert delivery

Oswalito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 9, 2015
To be fair, I'm quite high right now sl read this knowing that it might not seem too too bright later on. But on this off chance that it might be a good idea... I'm sharing it with you guys right away.

Whenever its after business hours for supermarkets and shops... Don't you ever feel like having something sweet. You're there and you know you can order pizza, chinese or wtv... But I've never heard "Let's get dessert... Who wants cake? Pie?"

I'm here sitting with my boys... We ate pizza, then chips... And now we're like... Damn..... I would love a mcCain chocolate cake thing. So good.... But literally we just can't because stores are closed and we can't just get cake delivered....

Gonna be back tomorrow to read your 2 cents on the idea.... Hopefully I didnt sound totally retarded. I guess I could have written this on my notepad and looked at it later with a clear mind before posting this here but.... F*ck it. So what do you guys think?

I cannot be the only one who has thought of this

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Oswalito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 9, 2015
I just bought 4 domains I'll choose from later on. I am coming down from these magnificent clouds I was on and the idea still sounds good.

I'll straight up deliver mccain cakes and all you can choose from are the mccain cakes. F*cking right.

1114.gif

p.s I hope this still sounds like something I wanna do when I wake up. This started as a stoner idea so... gonna have to come back to this one in the morning! in the meantime... Let me know what you guys think!

So far, jahvon thinks it has potential! At least there's that!

JahvonCreamCone

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Nov 9, 2013
Queens, New York
I just bought 4 domains I'll choose from later on. I am coming down from these magnificent clouds I was on and the idea still sounds good.

I'll straight up deliver mccain cakes and all you can choose from are the mccain cakes. F*cking right.

1114.gif

p.s I hope this still sounds like something I wanna do when I wake up. This started as a stoner idea so... gonna have to come back to this one in the morning! in the meantime... Let me know what you guys think!

So far, jahvon thinks it has potential! At least there's that!
Haha!

FlamingRemedy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Oct 24, 2013
That sounds good for the right target.

Though unrelated, sometimes I think about the possibility of 3D printing food. Not sure how that'd work but if done safely it'd be convenient.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Back in the 90's I had a video rental shop. It was a big enough store that there was potential for adding value. After a lot of thought I put in a takeaway pizzeria. The idea being people would come in to get a film, smell the pizza and think 'pizza would go down well while we watch this'.

Also people coming in and ordering a pizza would have 10/15 mins to wait so they would end up browsing the shelves and renting a movie to go with their 14" pepperoni. We then added the delivery service and stocked Ben & Jerries so you could call up, get your favourite pizza, fries, garlic bread, film, popcorn, ice-cream and soft drink all delivered to your door. Very popular on a Friday/Saturday night.

Oswalito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 9, 2015
Okay, I just woke up... No longer high. The idea sounds somewhat still good. I don't know though... Maybe this is so specifically niche that it could work? Would just have to keep a decent stocked inventory of cakes to be ready to go.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Back in college, there was this place called Baked. You could order fresh baked cookies, add anything you wanted to be baked into the batch (butterfingers, oreos, etc), and then have these guys deliver it.

The problem was, the delivery guys were always too high to make the delivery. They'd "forget" that there was an order, then I'd call in, they'd remember, and finally after a few hours deliver.

The point I'm making: your idea might be good, but it all depends on the execution. If you intend to be high while working, you'll fail. You need to prioritize the fastlane over your want to escape (getting high).

Also, you need to consider the size of the market. Is there scale for you to grow this business? If not, then is it worth doing? Personally, the only way I'd run this is if I could also get sales outside of the three hours on a Friday/Saturday night.

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Big city and/or college town. Insomnia Cookies for example. Good idea IMO, but will require great execution and high overhead costs

Oswalito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 9, 2015
What high overhead costs though? Could run it out of my house no?

I get an app made, you have your method of payment in your account and then you just select what you want based on the inventory I got. Then, I get the order notification, open my freezer, grab the cake.. Get in my car and go.

Granted, I drive a mustang so it might end up being costly for me if I have to drive around with my car lol...

I feel like giving this a shot and seeing what happens. Buy a few dozen cakes n shit... And give it a shot.

As far as cookies go.... I'm no baker lol I do have friends who areee thoughhh.....

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Where do you live? How far away from a major city, or a college town? If you can't get there in atleast under 30 minutes to start, you're not going to be successful. Plus, you'll have to get a good profit margin on the cakes while you're driving to cover gas, cake costs, etc. If you have a shop in the city, you can bike and eliminate that cost and bang out more product.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Classic post from a dude that was high and posting about starting a business to feed the munchies.

My son lives in a college town. They have a company that delivers warm chocolate chip cookies and cold milk at all hours of the day and night. Super successful in his college town.

Oswalito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 9, 2015
Classic post from a dude that was high and posting about starting a business to feed the munchies.

My son lives in a college town. They have a company that delivers warm chocolate chip cookies and cold milk at all hours of the day and night. Super successful in his college town.

Hahaha. The munchies put me onto something here!

So he makes the cookies at home I'm assuming? I really wouldn't see the need for a shop for these kind of things.

My idea would be to just stock up on cakes and deliver that.

Of course, I have my other business to tend to so I might just get others to make the deliveries or... Simply have someone else run the show.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Mccain cake would've been too easy =/ Oh well. More cake in the world for me.

Oswalito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 9, 2015
Also cake like that would require proper storage like having a bakery. I'm straight up going to be running this from my car lol.

I think the issue here is that places who have decent dessert will not do delivery or stay open extra late. I'll fix that by making those mccain cakes available for a late night dessert desire. And maybe chocolate chip cookies like Vigilante's son but I don't think I wanna actually bake cookies n shit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.