The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Grateful to be here, 2nd Startup

PACE

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Apr 28, 2014
Hello everybody,

I stumbled upon this forum a few months ago, right as my first startup was failing. I was searching Google for something related to my business and discovered a thread with quite a bit of relevant information. I have been lurking since but figured it was time to introduce myself and hopefully offer some value to this incredible community.

I live in the Seattle area and have been here all my life. As mentioned, my first startup ultimately failed. I had spent well over a year putting the pieces together to make the company a possibility, so it was very hard for me to pick myself up from that. Looking back, I'd have done some things differently. But ultimately the experience taught me a lot about business and who I am as a person.

Since then, I have fallen in love with automated businesses. I have two close friends that each own a business and I have watched as their employees have cost them thousands and thousands of dollars and one is in the middle of a lawsuit because of a careless mistake his employee made while on the job.

My current project is aimed at completely changing an industry similar to how Redbox was able to (I tend to think big and have very little interest in wasting my time with small ideas). The goal is to offer a product that is very popular right now via automated retail and eliminate the overhead that currently plagues the industry it's being sold in. I am a few months deep in this project and may keep a progress thread here if anyone is interested. I'm hesitant to share a lot of information, but the barrier to entry is high and I can probably provide some details without giving anything away.

I plan to stick around and continue to learn but feel I can also be helpful to this forum myself. Thanks again to MJ and everyone who provides the great content that makes this such a valuable community. My perspective has changed quite a bit since finding this place and I feel honored to be here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
Welcome :)

sklawllc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 24, 2014
Hello everybody,

I stumbled upon this forum a few months ago, right as my first startup was failing. I was searching Google for something related to my business and discovered a thread with quite a bit of relevant information. I have been lurking since but figured it was time to introduce myself and hopefully offer some value to this incredible community.

I live in the Seattle area and have been here all my life. As mentioned, my first startup ultimately failed. I had spent well over a year putting the pieces together to make the company a possibility, so it was very hard for me to pick myself up from that. Looking back, I'd have done some things differently. But ultimately the experience taught me a lot about business and who I am as a person.

Since then, I have fallen in love with automated businesses. I have two close friends that each own a business and I have watched as their employees have cost them thousands and thousands of dollars and one is in the middle of a lawsuit because of a careless mistake his employee made while on the job.

My current project is aimed at completely changing an industry similar to how Redbox was able to (I tend to think big and have very little interest in wasting my time with small ideas). The goal is to offer a product that is very popular right now via automated retail and eliminate the overhead that currently plagues the industry it's being sold in. I am a few months deep in this project and may keep a progress thread here if anyone is interested. I'm hesitant to share a lot of information, but the barrier to entry is high and I can probably provide some details without giving anything away.

I plan to stick around and continue to learn but feel I can also be helpful to this forum myself. Thanks again to MJ and everyone who provides the great content that makes this such a valuable community. My perspective has changed quite a bit since finding this place and I feel honored to be here.

FYI.....the link to your progress thread is not working.

DaisyH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Nov 11, 2014
Canada
Hi Pace & welcome to this forum...isn't it a great place to be?!

I hear you when you say your startup failed and how it affected you both positively and negatively.
It's almost a hard thing so say out loud..."failed" but then again that's how we learn what doesn't work so we can then move on to what does work.

I was involved with a startup that had amazing world wide potential but it too failed. What did I learn..? Lots but most importantly, get a shareholder's agreement in writingo_O

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...