The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can someone a book on entrepreneurial execution

Nur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 4, 2014
I am weak in execution and though a book can somewhat be a guideline to improve my process.

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser112

Raise your standard of yourself and your work to a higher level, and don't let pain or discomfort register in your mind as things that are important until you're finished. Shortest book ever written. Execution isn't really something that can be taught.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Raise your standard of yourself and your work to a higher level, and don't let pain or discomfort register in your mind as things that are important until you're finished. Shortest book ever written. Execution isn't really something that can be taught.
Put that in a pdf and sell it for $7.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Maybe someone can build a forum that would be populated by a bunch of entrepreneurs sharing ideas on how to build businesses.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
You don't need a book @Nur - you need to take action. Start. However small. You'll learn more by beginning that you will from any book, because you and I both know, the book is just an excuse to avoid taking action. I've been there and it wasn't until I actually started doing stuff, that things really started to change. That being said, if you really want to read more, see this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Some people are not entrepreneurs.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
@Nur I am not saying it is a joke. I'm saying that you will learn more from taking action than will by reading about taking action. Make sense?

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014
If you're weak in execution, that can mean 2 things:

1. Lack of action

Solution: Easy...Just do it. Stop thinking so much and just do it. If you find yourself thinking and questioning yourself too much, do more.

2. Not taking the RIGHT action

Solution: Find the first, smallest step that you have to take in your business. Learn how to do it, then do it. Then focus on the next thing. Don't spend too much time on the learning portion though - you'll learn more, faster trying to do it than you will trying to learn it.

G

GuestUser112

I wonder why articles are written on execution if it's a joke http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/237005

That article was a joke. Here's why:

1. Set clear priorities - basically "know what you are doing". Not doing this would be like "Step 1. Decide I want to make money. Step 2. ??? Step 3. Profit!"

2. Collect and analyze data - what?? You mean, learn about what you're trying to do?

Person 1: "I'm going to write a book about rockets"

Person 2: "What do you know about rockets?"

Person 1: "...."

3. Keep meetings: basically, if you're working with a team, make sure your whole team knows what they're doing. Pretty effin basic.

4. Evaluate the strategy

Basically make sure that Step 2. after deciding you want to make money isn't this: ???

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have been wanting to start running for exercise every morning, but running kind of sucks... Anyone have any super long books about running I can read before I get into it?

G

GuestUser112

I have been wanting to start running for exercise every morning, but running kind of sucks... Anyone have any super long books about running I can read before I get into it?

For only 3 easy payments of 29.99 I will show you how YOU can FINALLY take the steps you need!

Pun intended.

Deon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy

The Millionaire Fastlane

The 4 Hour Work Week

But you gotta realize that you can't depend on motivation to move forward, because it goes away, but you need to keep going even during those moments when it's not there. So getting motivated is good, but counting on it is a disaster.

tumblr_inline_n4dbevA5iN1spk15i.png

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Check out The Lean Startup by Eric Ries, the methodology might aid your execution

G

GuestUser113

Time for Art Williams.

Winners just do it. But what do they do? They do whatever it takes to get the job done. They do it – and do it – and do it – until the job gets done. And then they talk about how great it is to be somebody they’re proud of. They talk about how great it is to finally have achieved something unique – how glad they are that they didn’t quit like everybody else – how wonderful it is to finally make a difference with their life. We need leaders in America who can “Do It!” – Art Williams

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
There are two ways that can help you execute:

1. Take it step by step (Buy your domain on the first day. Upload all your content and images on the second day. etc etc).
2. Alcohol. Get to that sweet spot where you can still think rationally (sort of) + you can feel some of your fears/doubts go away.

I'm joking about the #2 (sort of...not really....)

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
OP....."Execution " ...is the real act of business. Anything over 51% compliance will yield above average results. The great news is execution results operate on a sliding scale. If that doesn't exite you it should. Reach for the stars . You don't end a book. Find your WHY. Good luck

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.