The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fear of wasting my life

Anything related to matters of the mind

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on the forum but I already read some threads here.
I am 17 years old and since a half year I am thinking about what to do with my life.

I stay in school for 2 more years now and try to get the best grades, but I feel like what I learn in school is not what I need in the real life. Anyways I just learn it. But thats not the main problem.

After schoolwork is done I start thinking about starting a business. I already had one, selling stuff on ebay, I importat earlier. Made 200€ a month but I thought: "This is not THE thing."
Everyone is trying to get big on ebay or amazon. But as said in the book, ebay sellers make good, but ebay make big-legendary money.

My business had no future. The product I sold was a haircare product for men, famous on youtube but shipping to germany cost 7€ and took 2 weeks. So I ordered 30 and sold them on ebay even for less then the main side and with 1 day shipping.

Nowadays I just dont know what I should do. I surf the internet, look forums, watch ALOT of youtube videos. Unmotivated but also clueless what work I should do.

Atleast I workout 3 times a week, eat pretty clean and care about myself. Since I am in school I have a shedule where I wake up at 6am so I wont sleep in the day as all weekends.
Today I sleept till 12am. I just cant get myself to get up and do something.

When I played competitive computer games I was early up even at the weekends to play. I went to bed and was exited for waking up and playing.
I've read: "the millionaire fastlane ", "4 hour work week" "Rich dad,Poor dad" and a book of donald trump. Since I am reading alot of financial newspapers I can say that I am atleast at my school the guy with the biggest knowledge in financial stuff.

But beside that I dont have a hobby, something to live for. When I go out with friends I feel like its a waste of time, I could work at home, but when I am home I watch youtube till 1am and sleep half of the saturday and sunday.

Maybe I am not a entrepreneur guy. May I just should focus on school-college-8-5 job.
But in my heart that is not what I want.
My holidays in Spain where the best time of my life. I was so happy that I had no worries, the beach, the sun everything.

I want this later on in my life. Not 2 weeks holidays a year. Seeing different coutrys, Dress well, Good body&health, maybe a nice car and no worries about money.

Sorry that the text ended up beeing so long. Thanks for reading. Please tell me if you have any advice, thinking etc. for my current situation.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Thats just self defeat talking, as you probably know.

Your habits aren't specifically lacking entreprenuerial spirit. You just need to find a better fastlane vehicle. Then get to work on making it a success.

You will still feel self doubt and have to work on that, but each day will take you closer.

A fastlane just requires you to spot VALID need, and think of a way it can scale that isn't beyond a measure of control.

Scaling is often about simplifying, so look at a lot of existing products and businesses and think about how it could be made simpler.

Get away from battling self doubt and get focused on confidently appraising opportunities and seeing in your mind how a business could be built from them.

gostorm21

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Sep 9, 2014
First recommendation: Get the INSIDERS subscription. It could not be more worth it. Now that that's out of the way...

In my own personal experience, that fear you talked about in the title is a phase. Now I'm not speaking from some high horse (I'm only 18!) but I do believe that progressing from the "fear" stage to the "action" stage is a step in maturity. Once you can harness that fear and turn it into action...it will get you moving quicker than anything you can imagine. Once you're using your fear as motivation....

Transition to LOVE! It has been said that there are two motivators in the world: fear and love. Fear is great for kicking your a$$ into gear, but once you're moving on something, you can/should/will transition into doing it for the sake of love. Love of your customer, love of freedom, love of success...you name it! For help on loving in business, read as many of Ice Cream Kid's posts as possible (the INSIDERS subscription will help! ;))

You, sir, are set up for greatness. You have the knowledge, the opportunities, and the drive. You are fully capable of being the 30 year old with the great car, beautiful wife, and beach home in Spain. You have THIRTEEN YEARS to get to that point. If you start now there is NO WAY you can't achieve everything you want :)

Nothing but the best to you my friend. I'll be cheering for you! :)

Visionquest

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Oct 22, 2014
I was just like you when I was 17. I always thought there has to be more to all of this. This meaning school or what i called the holding pen can't be everything in life. When i graduated from high school I moved to California. in Just my Pontiac Fiero and a suitcase. 1 year later I was back in my hometown with my tail between my legs. Listen your young, you don't get all of the answers given to you all at once. You are doing the right thing right now. I hated hearing that when I was your age but some of that is true. With the attitude you have about wanting to be something big you can work hard and get what you want WHEN you know what you want. Don't get too down on yourself. We all try to pump each other up on theses forums and it works but this is really hard stuff and you have to be totally committed. That is nearly impossible to do if you are not passionate about what you are doing. One thing I know about myself is I have always wanted to be rich so the accumulation of wealth has been enough of a driver for me. Others it is not. I have been quoted as saying I would own a shit shoveling business if it could make me money I don't care. But if that is not you then wait explore find what makes you feel good and then work at finding a way to give that to other people. You love vidogames. Ever played one and said this is shit it would be so much better if? expand on the IF and sell it. Hope this helps

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
@Glacier
Well basically only going to the post office every day (30minutes if I walk the dog in the same way) and packing stuff, print post stamps, Creating ebay shop+ Descriptions. All in all you can have it in less then 15minutes a day.
If you wanna try: https://www.youtube.com/user/mhrrasmus/featured
Go to their shop and buy the 15x reseller pack. "Gold digger" sells best so I would recommend to buy most of it.
Ship it, pack it, send it.

First check if somebody else is doing it in your country already.
But I warn you. Its not a business to grow. Their are big players on ebay who already sell all kind of hair products. Only work cause the company is so new.

@RogueInnovation
Thanks for your help.
You right sometimes its self doubt, but the main problem is that I just dont know where to start so I waste time.
I would make the extra calls. I would stay at the office to make a extra sale. But who should I call? Which office?

I hope you know what I mean.

@gostorm21
Thanks for your kind words and input. I will get the subscription.
Also I will read IceCreamKids Threads.

Hope its only a phase, I will try to translate the fear into action. Thats a good tip.
Thank you. I hope your dreams also come true. Cheering for you too :)

@Visionquest
Thanks for your post. I heard read that somewhere else too: "Its right what you do right now" but the problem is that my goal is to be rich and I dont see myself achiving it wasting time on the internet.
I forced myself to completly stop playing video games. Didnt played a single one since 6 months or so. Also I am not the "normal" videogames guy who play one game after another. I was really competetive playing one game online. Analysing the games, watching alot of pro games, reading. I wanted to play at the top. I was pretty good, but I stoped cause I said to myself; "What you do right now is not right, you have to change something (stop playing) or you will never have that beach villa, the lambo and that beautiful wife."

Thanks everyone for your input.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Don't worry so much. I know I'm being a little hypocritical but man you're 17, go have some fun! Go into business because you like making money, or you like serving people's needs, or you like being involved in the business you're involved in. Don't go into business thinking that you're wasting your life if you don't.

This shit? All of this shit? This LIFE shit? It's a GAME. Lifting weights is a GAME. Business is a GAME. Take it serious but have fun with it. Don't feel guilty because you're 17 and haven't seen success.

Do and learn as you go. If you don't know WHAT to do, open your eyes to ideas. Look around and try to identify 10 moneymaking opportunities a day. Don't analyze them too much, just come up with them. Write em down, stuff em somewhere, do it again the next day. When you find one you like, write it down in detail and then figure out your next steps.

And stay in school... for now.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Look homey, I know what high school is like. On a saturday, the fact that you want to sleep in when you've just spent a week waking up at 6am and having homework every night is completely understandable. And where you are now, surfing the internet, reading books and trying to understand what it means to start a fastlane business and what you actually have to do is EXACTLY where I was a year ago. Even though a lot of people on this forum say the trick is waking up at 5am and having complete focus for 16 hours a day, that isn't what makes you motivated. In fact, that sounds more like what a machine is meant to do. What you need to do is decide what you're passionate about, and how you can contribute that passion to the world. Then, you will WANT to wake up early to work on it. You will be so excited when you wake up you WON'T BE ABLE TO HELP but get to it and bring yourself a step further to fulfilling your vision.

Unless it's seriously hindering you, you don't need to get rid of video games or social networking. In fact, if you like video games, I encourage you to spend some time playing video games once you've finished your work for the day. Not TV though. Video games actually improve brain activity, while TV makes you brain into a vegetable. In fact, your brain is more active when you sleep than when you watch TV; this is why people who frequently watch TV usually seem irritable and slow.

Another thing to remember is that you're young. You got a lot of learning ahead of you, so use this time to learn all you can about business and entrepreneurship. I know it feels when you're 17 that if you don't act now, life will pass you by, but I promise you that's not the case. We young people are just super-impatient. :)

Best of luck to you man! And may the odds be forever in your favour.

P.S. Robert Kiyosaki is a fraud and I wouldn't take anything he says seriously. Look it up, and you'll see what I mean.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
You right sometimes its self doubt, but the main problem is that I just dont know where to start so I waste time.
I would make the extra calls. I would stay at the office to make a extra sale. But who should I call? Which office?

What you are describing is the agony that comes with trying to "expand" your perspective.
Try writing your best ideas down, and PUSH yourself to write BETTER ideas (simpler, larger reaching, more applicable) over 6 month or a year you will see big results (that is quite literally what I did to grow my business skill, that and surviving as my mind grew too bold for the 9-5).

Better than calling offices, is calling the shots in your own head, becoming a "playmaker", calls must become an extension of that.
And to do that you need to look at everything with a different eye, a focused perspective that puts enough pressure on an idea that if you angle it just right an idea pops up.

MorgothBauglir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Dec 23, 2013
Fear can only come from running inaccurate simulations of the future. Live the life you've got right now with the best of intentions.

Darius

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Don't worry so much. I know I'm being a little hypocritical but man you're 17, go have some fun! Go into business because you like making money, or you like serving people's needs, or you like being involved in the business you're involved in. Don't go into business thinking that you're wasting your life if you don't.

This shit? All of this shit? This LIFE shit? It's a GAME. Lifting weights is a GAME. Business is a GAME. Take it serious but have fun with it. Don't feel guilty because you're 17 and haven't seen success.

Do and learn as you go. If you don't know WHAT to do, open your eyes to ideas. Look around and try to identify 10 moneymaking opportunities a day. Don't analyze them too much, just come up with them. Write em down, stuff em somewhere, do it again the next day. When you find one you like, write it down in detail and then figure out your next steps.

And stay in school... for now.

^^ This ^^

Destined

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 12, 2011
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on the forum but I already read some threads here.
I am 17 years old and since a half year I am thinking about what to do with my life.

I stay in school for 2 more years now and try to get the best grades, but I feel like what I learn in school is not what I need in the real life. Anyways I just learn it. But thats not the main problem.

After schoolwork is done I start thinking about starting a business. I already had one, selling stuff on ebay, I importat earlier. Made 200€ a month but I thought: "This is not THE thing."
Everyone is trying to get big on ebay or amazon. But as said in the book, ebay sellers make good, but ebay make big-legendary money.

My business had no future. The product I sold was a haircare product for men, famous on youtube but shipping to germany cost 7€ and took 2 weeks. So I ordered 30 and sold them on ebay even for less then the main side and with 1 day shipping.

Nowadays I just dont know what I should do. I surf the internet, look forums, watch ALOT of youtube videos. Unmotivated but also clueless what work I should do.

Atleast I workout 3 times a week, eat pretty clean and care about myself. Since I am in school I have a shedule where I wake up at 6am so I wont sleep in the day as all weekends.
Today I sleept till 12am. I just cant get myself to get up and do something.

When I played competitive computer games I was early up even at the weekends to play. I went to bed and was exited for waking up and playing.
I've read: "the millionaire fastlane ", "4 hour work week" "Rich dad,Poor dad" and a book of donald trump. Since I am reading alot of financial newspapers I can say that I am atleast at my school the guy with the biggest knowledge in financial stuff.

But beside that I dont have a hobby, something to live for. When I go out with friends I feel like its a waste of time, I could work at home, but when I am home I watch youtube till 1am and sleep half of the saturday and sunday.

Maybe I am not a entrepreneur guy. May I just should focus on school-college-8-5 job.
But in my heart that is not what I want.
My holidays in Spain where the best time of my life. I was so happy that I had no worries, the beach, the sun everything.

I want this later on in my life. Not 2 weeks holidays a year. Seeing different coutrys, Dress well, Good body&health, maybe a nice car and no worries about money.

Sorry that the text ended up beeing so long. Thanks for reading. Please tell me if you have any advice, thinking etc. for my current situation.

First of all, congrats on taking the actions that you have already taken! not many 17 year olds care about such things, YOU do! Your knowledge is pretty darn good for, such a young guy. Keep reading books by those successful entrepreneurs and business men and women. You are not wasting your life at all, you have some experience and want to keep on learning and want to be rich.

If I was you, i'd start watching "Shark Tank" and get inspired by the sharks and the entrepreneurs that come on that show. I am very much inspired, but if i lack it at times, I will watch my recordings and get it back. I highly suggest you read books about facebook,twitter,amazon and get even more inspired.

You are 17 and have plenty of opportunities and are DESTINED for greatness! All successful people read tons of books and a lot of them even have or have had mentors. These 2 things are making people successful and have made them successful, you can do the same.

Good luck!

custardcat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Oct 25, 2014
The Major Key to Your Better Future is You
by Jim Rohn

jim-rohn-09.jpg
Of all the things that can have an effect on your future, I believe personal growth is the greatest. We can talk about sales growth, profit growth, asset growth, but all of this probably will not happen without personal growth.

It’s really the open door to it all. In fact I’d like to have you memorize a most important phrase. Here it is, “The major key to your better future is YOU.”

Let me repeat that. “The major key to your better future is YOU.” Put that someplace you can see it everyday, in the bathroom, in the kitchen, at the office, anywhere where you can see it everyday. The major key to your better future is YOU. Try to remember that every day you live and think about it. The major key is YOU.

Now, there are many things that will help your better future. If you belong to a strong, dynamic and progressive company, that would help. If the company has good products, good services that you are proud of, that would certainly help. If there were good sales aids, that would help, good training would certainly help.

If there is strong leadership that will certainly help. All of these things will help, and of course, if it doesn’t storm, that will help. If your car doesn’t break down, that will help. If the kids don’t get sick, that will help. If the neighbors stay half way civil, that will help. If your relatives don’t bug you, that will help.

If it isn’t too cold, if it isn’t too hot, all those things will help your better future. And if prices don’t go much higher and if taxes don’t get much heavier, that will help. And if the economy stays stable, those things will all help. We could go on and on with the list; but remember this, the list of things that I’ve just covered and many more - all put together - play a minor role in your better future.

The major key to your better future is you. Lock your mind onto that. This is a super important point to remember. The major key is you. Mr. Shoaff always answered when asked, “How do you develop an above average income?” by saying “Simple, become an above average person. Work on you.” Mr. Shoaff would say, “Develop an above average handshake.”

He would say, “A lot of people want to be successful, and they don’t even work on their handshake. As easy as that would be to start, they let it slide. They don’t understand.” Mr. Shoaff would say, “Develop an above average smile.

Develop an above average excitement. Develop an above average dedication. Develop an above average interest in other people.” He would say, “To have more, become more.” Remember; work harder on yourself than you do on your job. For a long time in my life, I didn’t have this figured out.

Strangely enough, with two different people in the same company one may earn an extra $100 a month, and the other may earn a $1,000. What could possibly be the difference? If the products were the same, if the training was the same, if they both had the same literature, the same tools.

If they both had the same teacher, the same compensation plan, if they both attended the same meetings, why would one person earn the $100 per month and the other person earn the $1000? Remember here is the difference...the difference is personal, inside, not outside, inside.

You see the real difference is inside you. In fact, the difference IS you. Someone once said, “The magic is not in the products. The magic is not in the literature. The magic is not in the film. There isn’t a magic meeting, but the magic that makes things better is inside you, and personal growth makes this magic work for you.

The magic is in believing. The magic is in daring. The magic is in trying. The real magic is in persevering. The magic is in accepting. It’s in working. The magic is in thinking. There is magic in a handshake. There is magic in a smile. There is magic in excitement and determination.

There is real magic in compassion and caring and sharing. There is unusual magic in strong feeling and you see, all that comes from inside, not outside. So, the difference is inside you. The real difference is you. You are the major key to your better future.

To Your Success,
Jim Rohn

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
@The-J
Thanks for your contribution. I will try to not worry that much anymore. Also I will start writing down 10 business ideas a day.
Definetly I will stay in school. Alot of subjects are a waste of time but its good to have a backup plan.

@Ninjakid
Thank you too. I also think that there must be a passion, but for example MJ says that this is not important. In the book he said "Do what you love" and "be passionate about what you do" is just for selling books and dont make money.
Steve Jobs told students that they should find what they love to work, because if he would know that he die the next day, he would still work on Apple.
And Steve Jobs had no interest in selling books, so I dont know who to believe.
I also heared that Robert Kiyosaki got only rich by selling books, but that doesnt mean that all of his advices are bad. Atleast the advice to not spend money on useless stuff or a 5$ coffee are right.

@RogueInnovation
Thank you again. I will start writing down 10 ideas a day now. I hope I will come up with 10 :D

@MorgothBauglir
Thank you. Sure I also have to life in the present, but I want better things later. I want to have a better live then my parents, without debt, without worries. In a nice country I like. Not sure if I could achive that with just living in every day.

@Destined
Thank you, I will try out Shark tank. Reading is important I think. My mentor is a successful ebay seller, but he told me to not read to much, better take action and read if I lack knowledge in a topic.

@custardcat
Thank you for your text. Now I know that I should change something about myself and grow personally, but I dont really know HOW to. I mean what makes the difference between a good and a bad smile?

Thanks again to all of you.

custardcat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Oct 25, 2014
have you got a good self development book you can read?
Tony robbins is a master at teaching us how to control our states,
I am reading awaken the giant within,its life changing.

you will find the answer,the frustration is showing you that you are ready to raise yourself to a higher standard.

I am excited for you :)you are almost there :)

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
@custardcat
Thank you, no I dont have a self development book.
I think I will buy Tony robbins "awaken the giant within"

Thank you everyone. I will summarise what actions I will do:
-get the subscribtion
-Dont do self defeat talk
-watch shark tank from time to time
-Buy Tony robbins "awaken the giant within
-Come up with 10 ideas a day and write them down
-Enjoy life more
-Transition fear into action
-read IceCreamKids Threads

Anything to add what I should do/read/think?

custardcat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Oct 25, 2014
fully immerse yourself into making a better life,fear is just a sign of your discomfort with your life as it is and that you are ready to step it up :)

jim Rohn has been helpful to me too,you can catch him on you tube,his books are awesome,any books you see that will contribute,build a library for yourself,doesnt have to be huge,make a book list,and go on a mission to change your beliefs and philosophies into something much more attractive for your new life,and once you start on this new life,see it through,even more so on days you feel extra discouraged,your books will help you through.
The bible helps me alott,though I am only a student.

peace be with you
keep me posted won't ya :)

Amanda
x

dkt91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 15, 2008
Lima, Peru
You remind me so much of myself when I was 17. Let me tell you one thing. First of all, don't be so hard with yourself and stop comparing yourself with others. There's always a bigger fish. There's always gonna be. You don't have to be a millionaire in 2 years.

We often overestimate what we can achieve in a year. Yet we underestimate what we can achieve within five years.

You are not wasting your time at all, trust me. Work on your attitude. Don't try to force yourself to be motivated. It won't work. Find things that motivate you. And then take action. You will find out that there is nothing to lose. Not even time.

Are you German by the way?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
@custardcat
Thanks for the hint. I will build a little libary. Here in the forum I will find some good books I hope.
Yes I will keep you updated if you want :)

@dkt91
You right I have to stop compare myself with other ppl. I do this really alot. "Oh this guy looks so much better", "He achived so much by the age of 18" ,"why is this guy so much more muscular then me" "His clothes are way better then mine" etc.
Every day and I talk myself down after that.

Yes I am german. :)

Somewhere on the forum I read I should accept a shitty job which motivate me to change something. I have 2 weeks holidays and accepted a pretty bad job in a factory. (But huge compliment the boss called me by himself, I worked for him half year ago and bought some cartonage from him for my first business. He called me even tho he could get time workers to do the job. I am really happy about that)
Even tough I dont like to work in someone elses poket I might see a problem and can solve it. Also I get 450€ for the time so I will have 3000€ all in all to invest. Lets see what I can make out of it. When I am 18, I get a "study-payment" of around 10k.
Thats some good money to invest in a good idea, so I wont waste it.

SeanyHang

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
May 24, 2013
New Jersey
Thank you everyone. I will summarise what actions I will do:
-get the subscribtion

I don't see no INSIDERS tag by your name yet! Don't hesitate brother.. DO everything that you said you were going to do on that list and do it as quickly as possible.

I know it all seems impossible and confusing - shit, it's still confusing for me when I'm trying to learn something new - but that's part of the battle. You could throw up your hands in self defeat and say it's impossible OR you can be a F*cking warrior. Face that confusion with the belief that it's going to make sense the further into the fog you press. Be WILLING to lose money - it's going to happen, you're probably not going to win the lottery and your probably going to F*ck up a bunch of times before everything clicks and you put it all together. Invest money into quicker ways to get knowledge than drudging through google - INSIDERS subscription, $XXX.XX online courses on subjects you need to learn (maybe copywriting, or sales funnels, or how to import more efficiently), $XXXX.XX dollar courses that will propel you.

I've been depressed before. I've been frustrated before. I've laid in my bed looking at the ceiling wondering what the F*ck I was going to do to mold life into what my heart believes it should be. It's ok if you feel this way too. But feel that way as your crushing every single one of the goals on the list you made.

Godspeed my friend.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Get busy reading, you are young so you need to get some business mindset started, this will help you a tonn!

Listen to Think and grow rich on youtube, then listen to how to win friends and influence people.

Read Rich dad poor dad, and any other book that looks promising and people here say is awesome.

Think about restarting some kind of small venture to keep you busy, try ebay or amazon selling and importing again as it doesnt take a shitload of cash to get started. The thing that will keep you going is progress however small it is, doing nothing because its not fastlane is a bad way to go.

Try to get some sales job in you area, figure out who is the best and try to work with him part time.

And quit the negative thinking, you will succeed!

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
@SeanyHang
Thank you. Of cause I already tried to get the INSIDERS subscribtion, but I dont have a credit card.
I have paypal and a bank account and normally I pay bank transfer.
Is there any other way to get the subscribtion?

@tafy

Thank you, great hints.
I already downloaded think and grow rich and influence ppl audiobook.
Also I will look the forum for books I should buy.
Thanks for your advice. I will quit the negative thinking :)

SeanyHang

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
May 24, 2013
New Jersey
@SeanyHang
Thank you. Of cause I already tried to get the INSIDERS subscribtion, but I dont have a credit card.
I have paypal and a bank account and normally I pay bank transfer.
Is there any other way to get the subscribtion?

@tafy

Thank you, great hints.
I already downloaded think and grow rich and influence ppl audiobook.
Also I will look the forum for books I should buy.
Thanks for your advice. I will quit the negative thinking :)
I believe that I pay for my subscription with PayPal.. You said that you have a PayPal account?

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
Yes, but it need to be connected with your credit card I think.

So mine is only connected with my bank account.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
I bet you have 10 excuses for not doing anything right?

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
You gave me the hint to listen to "How to win friends and influence ppl". I started it, I am at 2 hours atm. I memorize, if you want to help people dont insult them, because they just try to defend themself. Obviously you want to help me otherwise you wouldnt take the time.
Your comment could be insulting to me.

I did almost anything suggested in this thread since I started.

But seriously what should I do?
...I dont have a credit card myself, and not alot to get one since I am 17 (My paypal is kinda illegal if you ask how I got one)
...My parents got credit cards, but cant connect them with my paypal account, since it need to be the same name.
...None of my friends got a credit card.

I googeled and in gaming communitys its a common problem if you want to buy subscribtions.
Its not possible without a credit card.

atm I read "The 10x Rule" and ordered "Awaken the Giant within." Also I read alot in this forum, going to gym, going working and driving school. So I am quite busy lately and dont lay on my lazy a$$ :)

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Wow you are really going strong on this! Fair play to you.

I see your problem with the paypal thing now, how can you put money into the paypal account to buy anything... hmm Im sure theres a way?

So anyways your going the right way by developing your mindset.

Sometimes I dont have a filter so I can insult easily, instead of getting defensive you came back with results. You are already past 95% of people your age.

I dont know what country your in but cant you get a debit card?

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
Thank you for that compliment. Makes me really happy :)

So the problem is:
If I click on purchase I have to log in with paypal. works. Then there is the Error: Please connect your credit card with your paypal.
So this "problem" is known by alot of online game players regards to google because they dont have a credit card either but have to get a subscribtion.

Anyways you were kinda right I have to admit, because I could have taken more action. Now I wrote MJ, maybe I can pay the full amount of money directly and get a INSIDERS Subscribtion this way. Lets see what he says.

Back to the main purpose of this thread:

As suggested I try to build a little libary. Or is it better, as MJ says that I buy books when I really need knowledge in a certain topic?
My libary already contains:
-Rich dad poor Dad, Robert Kiyosaki
-The 10x Rule, Grant Cardone
-TMF , who knows...? :D
-4 Hour work week
-A book of Donald trump and Bill Zanker, cant translate the Titel in english, but it was quite good :D
-Ordered: Awaken the giant within, Anthony Robins

Would you add any other books? I know sometimes it depends on what I wanna do finally, but in generall?
Thank you all for your help :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.