The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

IT Developer Needed

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
Over the past week I had a conflict with my developer and I am placed in a terrible predicament with the work load I have just received. Are any of the members here able to assist me with IT and software engineering.

A client I just signed needs a central database (SQL, Java, PHP, Objective-C) whatever languages that are required to do this effectively. If you know of any names I would appreciate it. The pay will be fair and done in a timely manner.

Cheers.

Michael

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankee427

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 17, 2011
NJ
Are you looking to have it done in the USA, or outsourced?

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
Your question is lacking details to the right ears.

Is your client looking for a web application?

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
I dont want to use e-lance I want to hire someone from this site. As per the lack of info. I am having a meeting with the client next week to gather the exact needs of his service. He wants an operating system for his business. In theory a central database to catalog inventory, purchasing etc...

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I dont want to use e-lance I want to hire someone from this site. As per the lack of info. I am having a meeting with the client next week to gather the exact needs of his service. He wants an operating system for his business. In theory a central database to catalog inventory, purchasing etc...
Alright. Best of luck then.

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
I would offer to extend my services, but honestly building an eCommerce engine from scratch is rather difficult, plus there are so many existing, extremely powerful solutions--I'm actually baffled that someone would endeavour to spend thousands on development when they could have everything they want in 20 minutes, for a couple of bucks a month. I get that you might rather appeal to such a decision because he's paying you....Perhaps this business isn't a retail store, and I'm jumping the gun here. In which case, I would propose simply extending an existing solution to fit specific needs. That's the way real programmers do it. I recommend Shopify for this purpose.

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
I would be developing/customizing said pre-exisiting platforms. That is essentially what I am hiring someone on here to do for me. I would also then use said person for future web development and app development projects.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
Call your client, tell them an issue arose with your lead developer that could only be solved by parting ways. You want their business, but you need a couple of extra weeks to get your developer situation settled, and that you will throw in some extra work on the end for free (don't discount what you have already sold) if they are willing to push their project back.

I am jammed right now or I would rent you one of my guys (all found on elance), not sure why you are averse to that, you could pick up a guy with PhD in computer science and ten years experience for $15-$18/hour

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
I am meeting with him next week to discuss the needs and wants and what not. When would you be able to take a quote?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.