The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cryptocurrency Experience

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
I keep having this feeling that AsiaCoin is going to take a major dump first before climbing, just like WC.

I made random profit on OLY today. I totally forgot I had it and had open sells on it. I must have bought some cheap awhile ago as a bet. Then I notice extra btc in my exchange account and had to go poking to figure out where it came from, somebody flash pumped OLY :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I keep having this feeling that AsiaCoin is going to take a major dump first before climbing, just like WC.

I made random profit on OLY today. I totally forgot I had it and had open sells on it. I must have bought some cheap awhile ago as a bet. Then I notice extra btc in my exchange account and had to go poking to figure out where it came from, somebody flash pumped OLY :)

Yes, I do. Again it's because the time period is very short during the PoW phase and it looks like there aren't enough buyers to sustain current levels.

Had to diminish positions in my coins until the bleeding stops.

This mid week bleed out, where everything is collapsing, is just part of the game... it needs to be taken advantage of.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Last edited:

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
Madesafe (decentralized storage / internet) IPO appears to be going crazy.

The btc address shows that they've collected over 2500 btc since it's launch earlier today. o_O

Github is posted and some people are analysing it to see if it stacks up.

Here's is some more info on the project.

http://www.coindesk.com/decentralized-internet-project-maidsafe-raise-funds-via-safecoin-sale/

Very elaborate scam or for real?
I don't know about the value of their IPO shares, but the technology itself is legit and for real. The base tech already exists and I am using it as the backend for my exchange - something nobody other than MaidSafe has done yet that I've seen. The tech came out of the university of florida. It is real and pretty cool actually. You are going to start seeing a lot of cool stuff coming out on it. MaidSafe is essentially building an overlay network with an API. Lot of people are very bullish on MaidSafe. I don't know that I personally would buy into it, but they have a cool and legit idea.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Terrible day all round, hoping the bleeding has stopped and trend is about to reverse.

Cautiously put a couple of BTC into some Cinnicoin - 15 million coins, no premine, pos, encrypted message system on the way (blah blah blah).

Got back into Whitecoin.

Last edited:

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
Terrible day all round, hoping the bleeding has stopped and trend is about to reverse.

Cautiously put a couple of BTC into some Cinnicoin - 15 million coins, no premine, pos, encrypted message system on the way (blah blah blah).

Got back into Whitecoin.
I haven't checked the BTC markets today...hopefully the dumping stopped and it turns around and alts will follow. Hey, its only Tuesday :) Still got the whole week left.

I think Cinni is hyped out but we'll see.

Paleo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 3, 2014
WC hovering around 1000 today so I bought more.

Its been a rough market lately but BTC has been going sideways or down since the first week of the year.

It will go back up strongly and when it does it will pull the altcoins with it especially the more popular and better coins.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I don't know about the value of their IPO shares, but the technology itself is legit and for real. The base tech already exists and I am using it as the backend for my exchange - something nobody other than MaidSafe has done yet that I've seen. The tech came out of the university of florida. It is real and pretty cool actually. You are going to start seeing a lot of cool stuff coming out on it. MaidSafe is essentially building an overlay network with an API. Lot of people are very bullish on MaidSafe. I don't know that I personally would buy into it, but they have a cool and legit idea.
Neat. Just read a bit about it. We're going to be seeing a lot of amazing stuff over the next few years.

yousf

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Mar 8, 2014
Germany
Somebody is playing with MZC, looks like they will try to pump it soon. Trying to scare out some coins now it seems. We were messing back forth in the order book, kinda fun. Thats fine by me, I've been loading up on his or her shakeout, I was content to slowly siphon the coins into my position but I'll take it.
Thank you for the tip, sold at 25% profit. :)

I finally want to contribute too. 2 things that were interesting for me the last days:

- You should visit the thread on the GlobalDenomination coin on bitcointalk.org. It launched yesterday, very low premine. The start of it was like 5mins late, maybe this could get profitable soon?

- The trading fee on mintpal is only 0.15% where as it is 0.25-0.3% on Cryptsy and 0.25% on bittrex. I completely changed to mintpal.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Cinnicoin is being a good little coin so far.

Bought at 3500 sats, now hovering at 5500.... put another btc or so in at 4500.

Time to get back on my feet after the fallout from the last few days.

MadeSafe does look cool. But is the IPO worth it? 4 billion coins. 400,000,000 available at IPO. 17000 for one BTC. By my calculations they are valuing SafeCoin (the currency of MadeSafe) at 235,000 BTC or 120 million $ once all the coins are produced, by the nodes, if it holds IPO value.

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
Cinnicoin is being a good little coin so far.

Bought at 3500 sats, now hovering at 5500.... put another btc or so in at 4500.

Time to get back on my feet after the fallout from the last few days.

MadeSafe does look cool. But is the IPO worth it? 4 billion coins. 400,000,000 available at IPO. 17000 for one BTC. By my calculations they are valuing SafeCoin (the currency of MadeSafe) at 235,000 BTC or 120 million $ once all the coins are produced, by the nodes, if it holds IPO value.
Personally, no, I think it is a complete scam. Sorry :) But the technology is already open source and freely available. I also read their license, and it really irks me that they are trying to require a revenue share if you use it for commercial purposes, when it was invented by and open sourced by other people. All they did was take other people's work that was funded by National Science Foundation grants, and try to wrap an IPO and commercial license around it. I think they are going to get sued. I can't imagine I am the only person who is ticked off after reading their license and looking more into it.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
All they did was take other people's work that was funded by National Science Foundation grants, and try to wrap an IPO and commercial license around it. I think they are going to get sued. I can't imagine I am the only person who is ticked off after reading their license and looking more into it.

If they get sued people may as well invested into Coiyne :D

Esp, the 900 btc guy :hungover:

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
BTW. Lovin the order depth feature on mintpal.

It's great for letting you know, at speed, how many coins you can dump! ;)

Check MINT out using the order depth page, that is what you call an unhealthy order book.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Cinni Power!

Cinnicoin has been fighting it's corner for me during these dark times, up over 100% so far, shame I only put a few btc in. Got out of WC last night when it was struggling in the 1000s, woke up this morning and it's struggling in the low 900s.

Now time to find the right buy ins.... now or later is the question?

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Cinni Power!

Cinnicoin has been fighting it's corner for me during these dark times, up over 100% so far, shame I only put a few btc in. Got out of WC last night when it was struggling in the 1000s, woke up this morning and it's struggling in the low 900s.

Now time to find the right buy ins.... now or later is the question?

Cinni seems insane. I picked up around 11k for 1BTC (say 8500sat buy-in).

Future features seem to be what every coin SAYS they will have, but haven't yet:

Features Cinni will have in the future:
  • Multipools that pay out in Cinni
  • Encrypted and unencrypted messaging
  • Betting using feeds
  • Asset creation and trading with ability to pay dividends
  • Hardware wallet
  • Payment solutions
  • Contract creation and trading with ability to buy and sell altcoin call options and put options with multi-chain support
  • Cinni bank that trades altcoin breakouts for you and pays out in Cinni (3rd party service)
Don't know if Cinni will get all this, but whatever :p

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Screw it. 30k Cinni with stop loss at 33% below my buy-in. Maybe I'll get a surprise when I wake up.

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
I think WC might struggle to get its real moonshot unless the community gets more organized. I'm hoping for modest gains out of it. I'm still bagholding some AsiaCoin as well, see where that goes, I just want to get out of it at breakeven at this point. I have a lot of open positions right now, trying to be patient waiting for the market to come back and my sells to get hit so I can take the profits and buy up my own coin. Kinda wish I hopped into Cinni but I was all hyped out on new coins. I'm hoping FLT gets a boost out of their multipool Saturday. Haven't seen too much volatility to play off of these past days, just everything is flat.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Loving my Cinnicoin! Did I already say that? :)

The way I read WC is that, at some point, it'll get an almighty pump... now, where this pump starts is anyone's guess.

Will it start at 500 satoshis? Will it take off from 1000? The reason I feel it'll get the pump is because the day the price starts to rise (organically or not), mass panic buy will set in.

Of course I could be wrong, and it never happens, but to me there's too many people waiting for a rise for it not to happen. Once it gains momentum it'll shoot up like no tomorrow. People love buying in when the price is rising. EVERYBODY IS WAITING FOR TAKEOFF. The doubters will jump in when it's in flight.

Yes the community is a mess, yes the dev is a no show.... We'll see what the power of greed does.

I still have not bought back into WC because I'm hoping there'll be a panic sell.

Burns7.jpg

Last edited:

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Said goodbye to my beautiful Cinnicoin just before it hit mintpal and put that btc (now 150% of buy in) into ITC at 500 sats.

Couple more plays like this and my position is recovered from the AC and WC fallout.

Must..... not...... loose!

Edit: I don't advise investing into ITC.... As far as I'm concerned, it's a steaming pile of horse manure, but I think it can at least double in value.

Edit Edit : Bought some more Cinni. Shouldn't have a favourite coin but I got a soft spot for this one.

Last edited:

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
rat4 the dev behind blackcoin is possibly helping Cinnicoin? if that's not a good sign?

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
im bag holding like a mofo.....went mostly all in with FAC, and then spread the rest amongst WC and AC. We'll see what happens, but i could very well be wiped out. Crossing fingers.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
im bag holding like a mofo.....went mostly all in with FAC, and then spread the rest amongst WC and AC. We'll see what happens, but i could very well be wiped out. Crossing fingers.

Same here. In the future (if there is one, lol), I'll use Poloniex stop loss at 66% of my average buy-in. Don't know if that's too high or too low in crypto, but seems reasonable. Holding 30k Cinni I got for 8750sat a coin.

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
I'm finding that in the world of crypto, its almost impossible to take a loss unless you sell at a loss. Almost ever shit coin ever created makes a rebound at some point. There are those exceptions like panda, for example. Provided you bought something with at least SOME kind of value at a decent price, you should be able to recover on the positive side of your buy-in price. I sold my SAT's at a loss of my buy in of 5 sat's......it got as low as 1 sat. I sold at a loss of 3 sat's. When all seemed lost....low and behold....it recovered ! Anyway, this will be my strategy. HOLD EM through the bloody days!

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
I'm finding that in the world of crypto, its almost impossible to take a loss unless you sell at a loss. Almost ever shit coin ever created makes a rebound at some point. There are those exceptions like panda, for example. Provided you bought something with at least SOME kind of value at a decent price, you should be able to recover on the positive side of your buy-in price. I sold my SAT's at a loss of my buy in of 5 sat's......it got as low as 1 sat. I sold at a loss of 3 sat's. When all seemed lost....low and behold....it recovered ! Anyway, this will be my strategy. HOLD EM through the bloody days!

Right. I'm bagholding a lot of coins atm. My original strategy was buy everything and hold. Who knows if, in hindsight, something like that would have worked, but the twin factors of coin saturation and decreasing BTC makes it where I'm not willing to do something like this forever. As coins have been pumped to x2 of my original investment, I've been taking out my money and letting the rest ride.

I'm building a more focused portfolio now that is a combination of completed or nearing completed distribution PoS coins like AC, BC, etc. and high PoS interest coins.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
In with 50k Cinni to be on the rich list. Should be worth at least what Caishen is based on magic internet money fundamentals :p

Paleo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 3, 2014
WC is taking a brutal beatdown- I'm buying more because I agree with Alty-there's a lot of interest in this coin which bodes well for a major pump at some point.

I'm not selling any FAC because I agree with Biggemac's observation- even if your coin has been down as long as it's not a horrible coin (and sometimes even then) you have a good chance that it's going to shoot up once more and give you an opportunity to break even or maybe even make a profit

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
It's horrible holding bags of crypto when they are down.... but hang in there and I'm sure those of you holding sacs of crypto like WC will be nicely rewarded for your troubles.

dan hartley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 21, 2014
I sure hope so Alty. This is my first post. I am just looking for a group interested in talking and sharing information about the crypto market. I am new never traded anything and I am trying to come out on top with this whole alt-coin thing I've dove into through mining. So far Im far from successful in trading. however I like that WC will soon go from POW to POS. I bought in, probably more then I should have. However we are already seeing it rise a bit from where it floored.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.