The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You're from where??

Joao PS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Dec 16, 2016
Wow first brazilian i meet here. Is there other gauchos here? Im not brazilian but i live in RS

Heey! What are you doing here?! Hehe
I don't think so.. I don't know any.
I'm working and studying at Unisinos (São Leopoldo), do you know?

cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Saurabh Jadon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 1, 2018
Delhi, India
Hello everyone,
I am Saurabh from Delhi, India.
came across this forum from book millionaire fastlane which am currently reading.
I was typically a sidewalker from my early career from age 21 to 25, always thought earning more money will solve my money problems, which led me to chasing jobs for higher money and chased network marketing companies hoping that would help me get my financial freedom, After failing miserably in so called businesses I did at the age of 26, I transitioned to idea of slowlane got job again started working hard in it, started saving money aggressively and investing in mutual funds and all, after 4 yrs although it is far better better than sidewalker days, but It was always in my mind I have to slough for at least next 20yrs when I can comfortably retire, hoping share market do well, which include lot of factors which is not in my control.

Got introduced to fastlane ideology through awesome book millionaire fastlane that hit me hard that there is new possibility of achieving freedom must faster way than I used to think.
Thanks MJ DeMarco for book which opened new possibilities for me.
and thanks to these forum which will act as guidance for me in my journey on fastlane.

Gunther Herzog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 22, 2018
Switzerland, at the lake of Lucerne
Hi there!

I am from Switzerland.
I just checked the map, but sadly there is no one else from switzerland. Anyway I am very exited that there are other Fastlaners in Europe! I hope to meet some of you in the future.

Lets spice this thread up a bit. How about some interesting facts about your area. What its known for, historical significance, home of the 5 legged cow...whatever works. I love factoids and I want to hear about everyone's area. Pictures of the area if you have them.
If you know Switzerland, you probably know it for its chocolate, cheese, Swiss army knife or watches.
I will tell you a little historical story about Switzerland.

Switzerland is a small Country with about 8 million inhabitants.
Historically the Swiss people had it very difficult to preserve their political independence once they acquired it, because all the empires around Switzerland wanted to integrate it into them selfs. But with a lot of blood, sweat and tears, the Swiss confederates were able get and stay independent. Historically interesting is that, as the swiss people were successful at defending them selfs, they got them selfs reputation for being good and loyal warriors. Switzerland's Population was growing exponentially during the middle age, the Swiss confederates needed more resources. On way of getting to those, was to send out the young men as mercenary for empires in Europe.
Swiss mercenary were known as very effective against knights, but fighting unchivalrously. With long spikes, the knight was pushed down from his horse and then, once fallen off the horse fished the opponent with an axe an other meele weapons.
This way of fighting was looked down from others as barbaric.

Despite this fact, the fame of these swiss mercenary was this big, that we can see it today in the Vatican. The pope is still in 2018 guarded by the Papal Swiss Guard.

I hope this little story of Switzerland was interesting for you.

Counter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 21, 2018
Thia is the beauty of this forum that it has a good diversity as the community of the this forum is from all around the world. You can heard about the worldwide happenings in the field of the business and entrepreneurship. Stay blessed!

Torsten

want to get paid while learning ;-)
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 1, 2018
Germany
Hi everybody, I am from Germany. Living in the lower rhine area.
Amazing to see how people who are spread all over the globe meet, discuss and motivate each other in this forum.
Glad that I found this place!

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Going wild and posting my location while my intro thread is still not done (I'm at work and wish to write a decent introductory post).

Could you tag me in Val-d'Or, Quebec, Canada ?

Edit: Some facts around my place... The whole area exists solely because of mines. Gold, copper, zinc, lithium, etc. A lot of people here don't attend college, they complete high school and get a job at the mines average >100K$/yr for people going underground.

There's also an open pit mine nearby, Canadian Malartic. It was the biggest gold open pit in Canada for a while, I'm not sure if it still is. The company that started it had to move half of a town to actually start the mine. They built a 30 feet (or more, not sure) natural wall between the mine and the town to prevent noise from the heavy vehicles, blasts, drilling, etc.

They're planning to relocate the highway leading to the town since the mine will eventually extend all the way to the bottom of this picture:

mine-canadian-malartic.jpg

The biggest city 300 miles around has a population of about 40,000 people. Most people will not attend college and will stop after high school, since working at any of the dozen mines in the area will result in ~100K$CAD/yr.

Weather-wise, we get a lot of snow from October through May. Temperature often hits -22F and sometimes gets to -40F (coldest I've been in is -59F, but it's been a while). Usually, snow banks o nthe side of the road can be from 3 feet to 6-7 feet high.

The majority of people here hardly speaks or understands English. Quebec residents are all speaking in French (except Montrealers... but they're about 350 miles, south-east, away from us).

Feel free to message me if you want more details :)

Last edited:

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
White City, Oregon. Originally from various parts of California.

What I like about Oregon is there is a lot of greenery and water, which I like a lot. Hiking, fishing, hunting, rafting, spelunking and whatever else you want to do.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...