The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Time burns fast like the sun burns hot.

Samuel_Maverick

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 14, 2023
Hey everyone.

My name is Maverick Brenton.

I first joined here back when I was 18 years old and I'm 26 now. Lost my old user details and just created a new account, it's been a long time since coming here.

MJ's work always had a profound impact on me and has helped me avoid making bad mistakes.

I'm back because I'm looking for direction in my life. Spent the first half of my 20's trying new things, figuring out life, learning and working various jobs. I was in construction. Worked in bars. Wrote some novels.

When I was 24, after being a beach bum and scuba diving all day I decided to become a deep sea diver which was nuts. Left my girlfriend and went to dive school, then worked as an industrial diver for some time. Crazy life that made me who I am today.

Those memories were insane, like doing ocean salvages, being on the bottom of a mountain lake 60 metres down wearing special heat suits, crawling through underwater mud in rivers, driving boats through rough seas and living like a real pirate. That job made me into a man and put a whole new look in my eyes.

After various incidents that were close calls including almost getting eaten by a shark, a crocodile, wrestling a 300kg seal, and then finally crushing my hand on a dive job - I had to call it off.

The hand injury wiped me out. Had to move back home and then spent all my money trying to fix the hand because the company pretended it never happened. I was on my mum's floor, completely lost. Stuck in a small town without any money left.

Desperation allowed me to figure out a way forward. I got myself into SaaS sales remotely. Then proceeded to spend the entire year locked in that little room making cold calls, setting up deals, and earning more money than I'd ever had before. Broke various records. Flew around the country. Realised I had a natural gift at selling. Had a blast.

Towards the end of that year I moved to Bali where I am now. Just spent the last 8 months closing high ticket deals 6 days a week, while juggling my SaaS sales work and have taken 1000 + sales calls this year which allowed me to develop very high level sales skills. I work on deals with the biggest companies in the world and have had the great pleasure of learning directly from some guys with 50 + years of experience in sales.

Made good money from it, then got way too confident and lost a bunch in a bad investment, but now things have stabilised and I am still sitting on six figures in cash.

Right now I am in maintenance mode. Getting by with my SaaS work. Training hard. Putting my health first to try and undo some damage from pushing myself to the absolute limit this year and last. I sauna every day, cold plunge, sleep dialled in, and am in top physical condition.

The tech company I am with just cut 20% of staff globally. I'm still there and now have double the money to make, but am questioning if I want to stay reliant on a big company, even though I could make a fortune in tech sales. Just not sure if that's what I want.

Currently I am studying lead generation and marketing to balance out my sales skills.

I have lots of time, full autonomy, and a good amount of money to play with. Credit line built up to $200k with Amex. Zero debt. A huge network. I have everything that I could need to launch into business, but am assessing where to go from here. I get offers for sales all the time, but am tired of working my a$$ off for other people.

With my 30's only 3.5 years away, I have found myself waking up every day and thinking back to when I was 18. Laying in my room reading MJ's first book. I don't understand where that time went. It really scares me.

So now I am searching and asking questions. I know I can do more, especially with my sales skills.

I'm here to share anything people might need around sales, read stories from others, learn, and try to figure out what is next for me.

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You can sell well. Half the battle is won. Welcome back.

Samuel_Maverick

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 14, 2023
Whatever you do, with those skills and that nice pile of cash, you’ll have options and you’re ahead of the game.

Making sales calls in Bali sounds like a good way to live
Bali can be amazing or it can be a nightmare.

I've got the coolest setup currently and live here: Parq Ubud – The city of the future

Everything streamlined. Meat delivery. Sauna and gym downstairs. Good apartment. It's the perfect environment for working and being creative. A lot of ballers from Russia come through here as it's famous over there.

But if you're not careful here it can be horrible. Bad water. Corrupt. Loud.

Took me ages but I got everything set here now - bank accounts, residency, contacts etc.

Funny enough it was easier for me to focus when I was on my mum's floor. There's a lot of distractions here and I don't feel the same desperation. But am moving forward day by day.

Samuel_Maverick

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 14, 2023
Update.

Since last posting I have purchased a small agency, this pays for my food each month and has allowed me to experience MRR + handling clients. lots of problem solving and new skills I have had to develop.

I have also formed a consulting business and white labelled a SaaS that is an upsell on the back of the consulting. This is my main thing moving forward.

I've had one client for this at $2500 US a month and have been refining the offer over the last 4 months with them, they currently cover my expenses on the whitelabel and the 2500 US is all profit for consulting.

Landing page and VSL is all built out.

Now building out lists to do outbound and get more clients. next client will be charged at 5k US a month.

I paid a guy 850 USD for an hour of his time to teach me what he knows about B2B consulting, and in that one hour I gained some extremely valuable insights. He is a multi millionaire at 26 years old. Impressive guy.

I also lost 12kg and cleaned my health up a bit. Best shape of my life currently.

Still doing sales and loving this alongside business.

Keep you all posted.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hey everyone.

My name is Maverick Brenton.

I first joined here back when I was 18 years old and I'm 26 now. Lost my old user details and just created a new account, it's been a long time since coming here.

MJ's work always had a profound impact on me and has helped me avoid making bad mistakes.

I'm back because I'm looking for direction in my life. Spent the first half of my 20's trying new things, figuring out life, learning and working various jobs. I was in construction. Worked in bars. Wrote some novels.

When I was 24, after being a beach bum and scuba diving all day I decided to become a deep sea diver which was nuts. Left my girlfriend and went to dive school, then worked as an industrial diver for some time. Crazy life that made me who I am today.

Those memories were insane, like doing ocean salvages, being on the bottom of a mountain lake 60 metres down wearing special heat suits, crawling through underwater mud in rivers, driving boats through rough seas and living like a real pirate. That job made me into a man and put a whole new look in my eyes.

After various incidents that were close calls including almost getting eaten by a shark, a crocodile, wrestling a 300kg seal, and then finally crushing my hand on a dive job - I had to call it off.

The hand injury wiped me out. Had to move back home and then spent all my money trying to fix the hand because the company pretended it never happened. I was on my mum's floor, completely lost. Stuck in a small town without any money left.

Desperation allowed me to figure out a way forward. I got myself into SaaS sales remotely. Then proceeded to spend the entire year locked in that little room making cold calls, setting up deals, and earning more money than I'd ever had before. Broke various records. Flew around the country. Realised I had a natural gift at selling. Had a blast.

Towards the end of that year I moved to Bali where I am now. Just spent the last 8 months closing high ticket deals 6 days a week, while juggling my SaaS sales work and have taken 1000 + sales calls this year which allowed me to develop very high level sales skills. I work on deals with the biggest companies in the world and have had the great pleasure of learning directly from some guys with 50 + years of experience in sales.

Made good money from it, then got way too confident and lost a bunch in a bad investment, but now things have stabilised and I am still sitting on six figures in cash.

Right now I am in maintenance mode. Getting by with my SaaS work. Training hard. Putting my health first to try and undo some damage from pushing myself to the absolute limit this year and last. I sauna every day, cold plunge, sleep dialled in, and am in top physical condition.

The tech company I am with just cut 20% of staff globally. I'm still there and now have double the money to make, but am questioning if I want to stay reliant on a big company, even though I could make a fortune in tech sales. Just not sure if that's what I want.

Currently I am studying lead generation and marketing to balance out my sales skills.

I have lots of time, full autonomy, and a good amount of money to play with. Credit line built up to $200k with Amex. Zero debt. A huge network. I have everything that I could need to launch into business, but am assessing where to go from here. I get offers for sales all the time, but am tired of working my a$$ off for other people.

With my 30's only 3.5 years away, I have found myself waking up every day and thinking back to when I was 18. Laying in my room reading MJ's first book. I don't understand where that time went. It really scares me.

So now I am searching and asking questions. I know I can do more, especially with my sales skills.

I'm here to share anything people might need around sales, read stories from others, learn, and try to figure out what is next for me.

Thanks.
How does saas sales for tech companies look like?

Do you mind sharing it more?

The diving company had no employee insurance coverage?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...