The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question on google search link/headline for website??

KC Dash

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 10, 2008
Dallas
I recently had a website built and the designer conveniently became "too busy" to do the small punch list changes after I sent final payment. Anyways, this might give me a chance to learn something! Make my mistake into an asset of some sort.

When I Google my terms my website comes up, but the link/headline showing on the Google page only has the website name, and it is not bold like other sites.

How would I change the headline to say what keywords I would like it to say, and make it bold? It is a wordpress website.

I am making the final couple of changes as I go right now to the website, and am playing with wordpress.

Let me know what you think of the site as well!

mhpinvesting.com -

Anything you would change/do different?

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
It's because your main page that it's linking back to has that title. "mhpinvesting.com -". It needs to be changed to something that represents you like "investing excellence" or whatever.

Also, your other pages have default titles like "About Us" etc. Pretty ordinary.

They're also linking back to their own favicon, rather than providing you with one. If you paid them for the site, this is something they should provide that's yours, most likely.

It also needs better meta tags, with description in particular.

Just my 2c ;)

KC Dash

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 10, 2008
Dallas
Talisman,

How would I change this? Is there a manual that would walk me through this somewhere?

Thank you

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
How would I change this? Is there a manual that would walk me through this somewhere?

You will have to go into the Wordpress admin area. Do some looking around for it on google.

I dont use wordpress, so I don't actually know what you can do from the admin area. Im installing one now, to have a look, but ideally you need to get someone in to do it for you - otherwise you need to do some reading about administering a wordpress website!

Edit: Google search for "Wordpress admin manual" turns up heaps. Here's the first one that came up for me:
http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Quick_Start_Guide

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.