The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

In need of a bank that will finance spec construction!

KC Dash

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 10, 2008
Dallas
I am looking for a National bank that will finance spec construction. I am willing to put down 50% per project. I do not want to go the hard money route, but instead find a bank willing to loan conventionally for spec construction.

Any thoughts??

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bflash98

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Are you talking about putting down 50% of the vertical construction costs or 50% of the land and vetical construction costs?

Most of the national banks aren't loaning money for spec houses. Your best bet is probably a local community bank though you may just have to have the house sold before anyone will give you a construction loan. It depends on where you live.

KC Dash

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 10, 2008
Dallas
I have checked all of the local banks and they are shut down. I own the land am willing to put up 50% of the cost to build.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
kcw983-

Looks like the google bots are all over your request, and ready to help you:

-Russ H.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Not happening unless you already have an established relationship with the bank.

These days I'm building my spec houses with cash and a partner, because thats all thats out their. Although hard money is availible. My uncle has a big already existing business line of credit and cash, thats how he is doing his.

If you have enough cash to cover 50% of a deal, hard money should be pretty easy to get. I'd go with that, or just partner with someone for the other half. Partnerships are pretty commen around here on deals like this these days.

OTOH you really don't want a big note on the house. These days you have to be able to afford to hold them for a very long time, a year or more worst case.

Unlike in recent years, now cash is king.

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
Instead of going to a bank or mortgage broker and instead of a hard money loan, you should investigate using a Private lender. There is a lot of money just sitting in IRA and Roth accounts and individual bank accounts looking for a way to make a safe 6-7%.

Who do you know who has some "lazy money" just sitting in the bank?

That would be your best and easiest and cheapest source for funding!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.