The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Slowlane dedication to Sidewalk frustration - where next?

KarsonLinton

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 17, 2024
Hi, I'm new here. I just finished reading TMF . @MJ DeMarco - thanks... I needed this.

Growing up, I never doubted I would become a millionaire - there was no other option. My parents had me making dream boards with yachts and mansions before I was ten. As a teen, Rich Dad Poor Dad, and The Richest Man in Babylon were required reading. By the time I was 20, I had $20,000 invested in dividend-paying stocks through a tax-free savings account. Today - 10 years later - I'm in debt, investments and savings are spent, and I live in my parents' basement with my wife and three kids. It sucks. I don't know how to get out.

Sure, I've had my fair share of "hard knocks" in life - who hasn't? Five years ago I got sick. My ability to think and work suffered. My wife and kids got sick too. It was from environmental exposure. For the last five years I haven't earned more than $20,000/ year (and that's in Canadian pesos my friends). I'm losing weight because I cannot afford food (and I started at 150 lbs to begin with).

But, I'm not giving up!

I incorporated a business last year to help others navigate the same type of illness as me and my family. The way I have set the business up has absolutely no Fastlane potential, but I see some ways to pivot.

I dream of having freedom for my family. I dream of being able to afford the healthy food and medical care we need. I dream of living in a house I design (I spent four years of life currency and a few dollars to boot getting a fancy architecture degree).

My big question today is how to take an idea to execution. Do I:
A) launch several ideas into the world and see which one holds
B) launch one idea at a time and be ready to "quit early, quit often"
C) pick one idea and stick with it until it works

That's all for now. I'm excited to be switching lanes, and hopeful I can build a better tomorrow.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Karson, great to have ya! Are you on a path to better health?

KarsonLinton

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 17, 2024
Welcome Karson, great to have ya! Are you on a path to better health?
Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I've been able to control my health by controlling my environment, which presently means I can only work from home (a blessing in disguise?). I'm optimistic that with time (for my body to heal) or money (to accelerate the healing process) I'll get back to normal. For now, I am amongst the controversial minority of people who are "poisoned" by wifi, cell phones, and man-made electricity in general.

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
For now, I am amongst the controversial minority of people who are "poisoned" by wifi, cell phones, and man-made electricity in general.
Welcome and I hope you can find something fastlane to work on.

With the above are you open to questions on it or no? Won't bother asking if you are not. Just makes me curious - I've not met someone with this condition before.

KarsonLinton

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 17, 2024
Welcome and I hope you can find something fastlane to work on.

With the above are you open to questions on it or no? Won't bother asking if you are not. Just makes me curious - I've not met someone with this condition before.
Thanks! Yes, I'd love to answer any questions.

I'm willing to bet you have met someone with electrical sensitivity (called EHS, or electrohypersensitivity in the medical world) but they were either unaware of the electrical cause of their symptoms or were too afraid to share.

There are a few main challenges for people with this condition:

1. The information is scarce. What is easily found with a Google search is mostly fear-mongering to sell a product, or well-intentioned, but unsupported ideas and claims. The depth of great scientific studies on the matter are obscure because they are too technical for the average person to find/ read, and mixed with industry-funded counter studies (think tobacco industry). You won't see it in the news, but lawsuits are being won against regulatory bodies like the FCC over failure to respond to health concerns.

2. Getting a diagnosis is challenging. I know of only two doctors here in Canada who can diagnose EHS, and if you happen to find them, you will also find the three-year waitlist, or so I am told. Like most other people with electrical sensitivity, I am self-diagnosed, which doesn't help with credibility. I'm hesitant to use the term EHS for myself as my symptoms are mild on the spectrum.

Depending on how your next election goes, some of the political barriers to this information may be dismantled.

RFK Jr. on EMFs

View: https://youtu.be/iiQUYrKlUKQ?si=q7ilISrHr2WFMXME

Fire away and ask any question you like - I'm happy to answer!

Rachinrabindra

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 13, 2024
You are trying your best. remember hard worker didn't get failed. just focused on work, also be with family and kids. one day they will help you and make your family great. and spend your money on good business where money can be safe.also focus on Digital platform. if you get experience in this world you can make money. and feed your family, make a good house and raise your children with high quality education.

KarsonLinton

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 17, 2024
You are trying your best. remember hard worker didn't get failed. just focused on work, also be with family and kids. one day they will help you and make your family great. and spend your money on good business where money can be safe.also focus on Digital platform. if you get experience in this world you can make money. and feed your family, make a good house and raise your children with high quality education.
Thanks, @Rachinrabindra for your kind words and encouragement.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...