The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Foreigner living in GCC (Bahrain)

Umer.Khalid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 16, 2022
Hello, everyone.

MJ, @MJ DeMarco thanks for giving me the privilege to join the fastlaneforum

My name is Umer Khalid, and I am 27-year old electrical engineer working with the military of Bahrain. Although I'm not a citizen, but I've been living in Bahrain for the past 21 years. Originally from Pakistan, my dad (May his soul rest in peace) took premature retirement from Pakistan Airforce and joined the military of Bahrain in 2001.

Unfortunately, he died of a heart attack in 2013 while I was still in my 3rd year of engineering program. Being the only son, with two older sisters who are basically housewives, it is my responsibility to look after my mom—a dialysis patient.

Although I do love my work, but what you love must solve the underlying needs. The inflation and cost of living has inclined sharply for the past few years.

While living as an expat in a country like Bahrain and working with the military, the laws and restrictions doesn't allow me to establish a business physically.

While one may think, I could dump my job and relocate, and yes, I'd personally agree with that perception. But when your mom is getting free dialysis treatments because of your employment within the military, it definitely makes it difficult.

What I love about MJ's @MJ DeMarco ideas and broadness in vision is that I could, with all those restrictions, start my own business over the internet.

While being a Muslim, there are certain businesses that violate my underlying spiritual values and principles. This may limit my extent to being a business owner to some degree but I wouldn't let my dream to die nor would I compromise my values.

I do feel appreciated to be a part of this form and community and I look forward to great expertise from the Fastlaners in the above mentioned context of my potentialities and limitations.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...