The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bulk candy vending business - More Details Posted on Insiders Forum

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
So the boys continue to do well with the soap company. They have been getting some healthy checks.

A certain portion of their money goes to individual envelopes for 'investing'. It must be used finding opportunities to make more money. We discussed the return they were getting on their savings accounts (not much). Talked about obtaining equipment to mow yards (it is hot outside). Talked about buying and selling things (don't want people coming to our house, school is currently out, school frowns upon kid transactions).

We settled on a vending route. Candy. Nice machines. Local to where they already go to restock some stores with soap. Just verbally finalized a deal to buy a local route. More details to follow!

A statement from the youngest that helped them decide to do the deal ..... 'AND we get to eat some candy!'.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
So the boys continue to do well with the soap company. They have been getting some healthy checks.

A certain portion of their money goes to individual envelopes for 'investing'. It must be used finding opportunities to make more money. We discussed the return they were getting on their savings accounts (not much). Talked about obtaining equipment to mow yards (it is hot outside). Talked about buying and selling things (don't want people coming to our house, school is currently out, school frowns upon kid transactions).

We settled on a vending route. Candy. Nice machines. Local to where they already go to restock some stores with soap. Just verbally finalized a deal to buy a local route. More details to follow!

A statement from the youngest that helped them decide to do the deal ..... 'AND we get to eat some candy!'.

Context?

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
648%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

@biophase started a soap company to show how to create something from nothing. He then got bored of the project (if I remember correctly) and offered to sell the business.

@ZCP bought it to teach his kids a lesson.

Thread on the inside: https://thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/insiders-how-to-create-something-from-nothing.47966/

Here's the post:
zeTVvBe.jpg

@ZCP Hopefully reposting this post from the inside is fine. I'm assuming it is since you made the thread. If not, let me know. I also edited out the company name so that you can decide whether or not to post it publicly.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Wait ? I think I'm confused at what's goin on

You'll have to read an INSIDERS thread "Starting something from NOTHING" by @biophase in order to get the full context.

The gist of it was explained by @AgainstAllOdds but the longer (yet not full, you're gonna have to buy an INSIDERS sub for that) story is this:

Bio started a soap company selling on Amazon. After some time of a small amount of sales per month (and dealing with a copycat), Bio decided to sell it. @ZCP bought it for a fair price, with the intent of having his two young sons run the business. @ZCP came up with ways for them to actually grow it beyond Amazon, such as going door to door. He decided to let his kids keep some of the money, some will be reinvested in the business, and others are kept by ZCP to have them learn how to invest.

And that's where this thread picks up.

If this is too much info for that Outside I'll delete this post

Tapp001

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
May 24, 2016
You'll have to read an INSIDERS thread "Starting something from NOTHING" by @biophase in order to get the full context.

The gist of it was explained by @AgainstAllOdds but the longer (yet not full, you're gonna have to buy an INSIDERS sub for that) story is this:

Bio started a soap company selling on Amazon. After some time of a small amount of sales per month (and dealing with a copycat), Bio decided to sell it. @ZCP bought it for a fair price, with the intent of having his two young sons run the business. @ZCP came up with ways for them to actually grow it beyond Amazon, such as going door to door. He decided to let his kids keep some of the money, some will be reinvested in the business, and others are kept by ZCP to have them learn how to invest.

And that's where this thread picks up.

If this is too much info for that Outside I'll delete this post

Oh, I think it's just the right amount. Its a great tease for what lies Inside. I may have to wait 'till the end of the month to get that subscription, but its now a must have instead of a nice to have.

happybhoy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 2, 2015
Ecosse
Hey man, can I buy an equity stake in your kids?? Haha

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
At some point they will be putting together term sheets and seeking investors..... stay tuned!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
@ZCP, I have a feeling that if you were to write a book about your boys and the practical business education you're giving them, it would be a huge bestseller...

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@ZCP, I have a feeling that if you were to write a book about your boys and the practical business education you're giving them, it would be a huge bestseller...
We are definitely keeping notes as we go!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
The potential deal:

Route A has 17 machines. 15 are worth about $75 each. 2 are worth about $35 each. Each will be filled with about $60
worth of candy to start. Pull average profit of $267.19 per 30 days. Service / pickup about once every three months.

Route B has 14 machines. 12 are worth about $75 each. 2 are worth about $35 each. Each will be filled with about $60
worth of candy to start. Pull average profit of $91.92 per 30 days. Service / pickup about once every three months.

Extra machines. 6 machines worth about $75 each

Things to consider:
Route A area is close. Route B area is further away.
Boys are not old enough to drive. They can talk Dad into going. Other family members. Hire someone they know with a car. Find an older girlfriend with a car.
Parts are relatively inexpensive and easy to replace.
A couple of the locations can only be serviced during the week. A potential issue for kids in school all day.
Bank is willing to accept quarters in large bags with no rolling. Fee of about $1.50 to count a $1k bag.

As an exercise: Taking the info above, what would you be willing to pay for the deal?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Deal done. Ran first route. Lot of stuff learned. Money made. Processes created.

Also amazed at how many people are now coming to us now as they are retiring from the business. Looking to firesale their equipment and routes.

@Vigilante Could we change the title to 'Bulk candy vending business' and move inside? Nevermind, let's leave this one here as a pointer to the Inside and I'll start a thread in there with specifics.

Angelic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Apr 19, 2016
This thread makes it very enticing to get an INSIDERS membership, very curious to learn more about this business.

You are like the rich dad from "Rich Dad Poor Dad", I cannot wait to coach my children in a similar fashion once I have them.

Last edited:
G

Guest34764

Sucks that it got moved to the inside, was super interested.

Best of luck to you and your children @ZCP

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
G

Guest34764

@Omega what keeps you from signing up for INSIDERS?

A little low on $ right now and I think my time spent on this forum will increase even more.I'm practically logged in all day because I usually have little to do but talk with customers, and deliver things now and again.

Maybe I'm just to used to the regular forums, unless there are some really good information on flipping on there I might not find too much use for it.Idk.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
So multiple people have steered you toward signing up (people who get no commission and have no incentive other than helping others). Yet you just don't know.......

G

Guest34764

So multiple people have steered you toward signing up (people who get no commission and have no incentive other than helping others). Yet you just don't know.......

Main reason is just little money, need it for bikes.I'll sign up after I can clear 1k.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio