The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

100k in 60 Days: B2B Email Guide & Follow Along

Marketing, social media, advertising

machinistguy

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
525%
Aug 22, 2022
DFW, Texas
Going for $100k from new customers in 60 days and thought I'd post my general strategy for feedback & to help others. Most of this is tailored to my specific case, so adjust as necessary. Credit to Alex Hormozi & Lead Gen Jay for inspiring a lot of the technical info.

Cold Email Formula​

Sales = Volume X Open Rate X Reply Rate X Offer Rate X Close Rate X Avg. Deal Size

The Variables​

Volume = Number of Markets Prospected
Open Rate = Subject Line Copy X Data Quality X # of Follow Ups X Spam Filter
Reply Rate = Body Copy X Offer Relevance X Offer Appeal X # of Follow Ups X Trust X Prospecting Quality
Offer Rate = Prospecting Quality
Close Rate = Offer Competitiveness X Low Customer Action Difficulty X Trust X Prospecting Quality
Avg Deal Size = Trust X Prospecting Quality X Avg. Company Size

Subject Line Quality = Interesting
Body Copy = Easy to Understand X Easy to Believe X Interesting X Focused
# Of Touches = Start at 5, add 10 follow ups later b/c 75% of sales take up to 5 touches and 90% up to 10 touches (according to random internet data).
Number of Touches Needed to Generate a Qualified Opportunity

Action Items​

If you look at the variables, Prospecting Quality is the most pervasive & Volume is probably the second most impactful. Prospecting Quality I'm defining as people who have a strong need for my services. An example is if you're selling gluten free bread. Targeting everyone is poor quality. Targeting those with gluten allergies is better quality. Targeting those with allergies from cultures with high bread consumption is best. So action item number one is to identify a market with high quality and the most customers.

So which customers need our services the most. And who is experiencing the most pain?

More to come...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ericbodrenok

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 11, 2023
Going for $100k from new customers in 60 days and thought I'd post my general strategy for feedback & to help others. Most of this is tailored to my specific case, so adjust as necessary. Credit to Alex Hormozi & Lead Gen Jay for inspiring a lot of the technical info.

Cold Email Formula​

Sales = Volume X Open Rate X Reply Rate X Offer Rate X Close Rate X Avg. Deal Size

The Variables​

Reply Rate = Body Copy X Offer Relevance X Offer Appeal X # of Follow Ups X Trust X Prospecting Quality
Close Rate = Offer Competitiveness X Low Customer Action Difficulty X Trust X Prospecting Quality

# Of Touches = Start at 5, add 10 follow ups later b/c 75% of sales take up to 5 touches and 90% up to 10 touches (according to random internet data).

Action Items​

If you look at the variables, Prospecting Quality is the most pervasive & Volume is probably the second most impactful. Prospecting Quality I'm defining as people who have a strong need for my services. An example is if you're selling gluten free bread. Targeting everyone is poor quality. Targeting those with gluten allergies is better quality. Targeting those with allergies from cultures with high bread consumption is best. So action item number one is to identify a market with high quality and the most customers.

So which customers need our services the most. And who is experiencing the most pain?

More to come...
Good stuff man, hope you hit that 100k mark!!

If you don't mind me asking, what business are you

Cold Email Formula​

The Variables​

Action Items​

More to come...
Great stuff man! hope you kill it and hit that 100k mark!!

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of business are you running this for?

machinistguy

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
525%
Aug 22, 2022
DFW, Texas
Prospecting done. Because the more we niche the more profitable we'll be, I came up with a very stringent list of capabilities based on order volume, part size, material, process, etc... and asked ChatGPT what industries would need our services the most. It gave 20, and I culled it to 3 where we'd be most needed based on in depth research. Ranked they were:
  1. Oil & Gas Industry
  2. Fluid Handling & Hydraulics
  3. Marine Industry
  4. EDC (Added)
What pushed oil & gas above everything else is that it's a local industry. Midland, TX is like a 5hr drive away so I can hop over in person. I added the EveryDay Carry market because it's an adjacent market to who we're currently serving and I have the best understanding of their needs, but it's smaller, so if it weren't for the previous points I wouldn't have considered it. So we'll use it as the initial test market for the process before we go all in on Oil & Gas.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of business are you running this for?
My own manufacturing company.

machinistguy

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
525%
Aug 22, 2022
DFW, Texas
Most of the following knowledge is credited to Lead Gen Jay.

Avoiding Spam​

You want to setup a separate root domain for your cold email accounts so the main domain doesn't get put at risk. Here's the below steps.
  1. Setup Email Domain
    1. Do not use root email domain. Buy alternatives, i.e. @company-sales.com
    2. Buy company-sales.com or alternative domain from domains.google.com.
    3. Add profile pic for trust.
    4. Add a DKIM & DMARC record
    5. Add a second user
    6. Remember to limit sending volume to 100 emails/domain = 50emails/account.
  2. Avoiding Spam
    1. Warmup Email Address via Instantly
      1. Start at 2 emails/day, increasing rate by 2 emails/day. Set reply rate to 30%.
    2. Add a DMARC Record
    3. Check all copy on mailmetoer.com
    4. Don’t get marked as spam by recipient by making sure emails are personalized enough
    5. Clean Email List. Bounce rates will flag you
    6. Good prospecting. Being marked as spam will flag you.
    7. Don’t include links (max 1 if you have to)
    8. No emojis (didn’t know this had to be said).
  3. Avoiding Legal Action (to be compliant with CAN spam act)
    1. Include a mailing address
    2. Way to opt out

Email Template/Content​

High Open Rate: Subject Line & First Line Snippet​

So email open rate is one of the most important variables. People gloss over emails all the time, and obviously the open rate is a major variable in cold email sales success. The subject line is obviously the major component, and most emails show a snippet of the first line so that's very important too.
  1. General Rules:
    1. Pique curiosity, don’t tell them what you’re selling (leave for body)
  2. Subject Line:
    1. Split Test of What I'm doing, adjust to your industry/customers, this is adjusted for a list of companies I found that I'm trying to manufacture their product for out of a different metal than they currently sell:
      1. {Metal} {Company Product} Would Be Stunning
      2. Question About {Metal} {Company Product}
      3. {Metal} {Company Product}
      4. Question About {Metal} Designs
    2. Lead Gen Jay says this is the most effective subject line. Maybe for very broad targeting, but I"m not going to use it:
      1. Quick question, {name}
      2. Question about {company}
  3. First sentence snippet:
    1. Extreme personalization
      1. Name & Company too shallow
      2. Data says takes open rate from 40% to 70%
    2. Example: Love your {company product}. Saw the {competitor} {variation I'm trying to sell} and how stunning they are. What about {Company Name} {Metal} {Company Product}?

Email Body​

Rules:
Keep it simple stupid.
Make it very personalized.
Show social proof.
Offer free value.

Template I'm going to use:
Love your {product they sell}. Saw the {competitor's product that I want them to buy from me} and how stunning they are. What about {Company Name} {product}?

Are you the right person to contact about product design? The finish and contrast of {product} against a black anodize finish would be stunning.

We’re a US machine shop specializing in complex {metal} parts. We’ve recently made {customer} 17,000+ {product} in 3 months over four POs. Just walk into any of their stores.

Can I send you a proposal?
{name} | {role} | {phone}
{company} | {address}

------------------------------
Close to ready to fire on the EDC market. I have a list of perfect companies, I just need to find out who their product managers are and their emails, then I plan to send some cold emails.

Last edited:

guinwhite

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 7, 2023
I've been toying with the idea of a straight cole email campaign. Can't wait to hear how it's going for you.

machinistguy

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
525%
Aug 22, 2022
DFW, Texas
Ok, started finding the product team's emails using snov.io. Already have an email to one company scheduled for 8AM tomorrow. Here's the final template I'm using:

Subject Line: Question About [Product]

Body:
Love your [product]. Have you considered [Company] [proposed product]?

We’re a US machine shop specializing in [metal]. We’ve recently made [Another Company] 17,000+ [another product] working with their product team.

Finished [proposed product] against a black anodize/stonewash finish is a winner.

Can I send you a proposal?
[Name] | Owner | [number]
[company] | [address]

machinistguy

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
525%
Aug 22, 2022
DFW, Texas
Just scheduled my follow up Email with my test market. By the time I finished cleaning the data it went from a list of 29 companies to about 10. Glad I did it manually at first, makes you understand the little intricacies. So flow for the test market is:
1. First Cold Email
2. Mail Flyer
3. Follow Up Email
4. Second Cold Email
5. Mail Proposal Pt. 1.
6. Mail Proposal Pt 2.

We've done step 3 for the test market. Time to work on a scalable model for a large number of customers. Will start the automated emails first because it's first in the flow.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.