The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Financially Frustrated at 40

seb_bne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
May 7, 2024
Queensland, AU
Hi, I’m Seb

I’m currently sauntering between the sidewalk and the slow lane, trying to find a better path to financial freedom.

I discovered the Millionaire Fastlane after watching an Ali Abdaal video on wealth creation. Intrigued by the concepts, I’ve joined this forum to learn more and get support on my oil changes.

In my 20s, I attempted to start a few businesses, but they didn’t align with the Fastlane principles and ultimately didn’t succeed. Now, after settling into a well-paying job and wearing the golden handcuffs for nearly a decade, I’m seeking a change.

I’ve experimented with the FIRE movement, but found it too restrictive for my goals. The Millionaire Fastlane resonated with me because it offers a more dynamic approach to wealth creation. I’m excited to delve deeper into the books and discussions here.

I’m passionate about software, business workflow improvement, and remote culture building. I’m eager to connect with like-minded individuals, share insights, and expand my network.

Looking forward to engaging with everyone!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eifesu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Dec 21, 2021
Hi, I’m Seb

I’m currently sauntering between the sidewalk and the slow lane, trying to find a better path to financial freedom.

I discovered the Millionaire Fastlane after watching an Ali Abdaal video on wealth creation. Intrigued by the concepts, I’ve joined this forum to learn more and get support on my oil changes.

In my 20s, I attempted to start a few businesses, but they didn’t align with the Fastlane principles and ultimately didn’t succeed. Now, after settling into a well-paying job and wearing the golden handcuffs for nearly a decade, I’m seeking a change.

I’ve experimented with the FIRE movement, but found it too restrictive for my goals. The Millionaire Fastlane resonated with me because it offers a more dynamic approach to wealth creation. I’m excited to delve deeper into the books and discussions here.

I’m passionate about software, business workflow improvement, and remote culture building. I’m eager to connect with like-minded individuals, share insights, and expand my network.

Welcome Seb !

As usual I can only recommend that you go through the great goldmine that is the GOLD threads section.
You will definitely find some stories that resonate with yours and managed to make it out of the gutter.

I can say that being frustrated is the required first step, I guess, do you have any idea what you could do to start your Fastlane journey ?

seb_bne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
May 7, 2024
Queensland, AU
Welcome Seb !

As usual I can only recommend that you go through the great goldmine that is the GOLD threads section.
You will definitely find some stories that resonate with yours and managed to make it out of the gutter.

I can say that being frustrated is the required first step, I guess, do you have any idea what you could do to start your Fastlane journey ?
Hi eifesu, thank you for the comment back!

I appreciate that tip. I must admit that the big GOLD! pills had already caught my eye and I’m driving into the stories right now.

No tangible ideas yet. None that would bring value to millions that for sure! But feeling much more motivated to just take the leap and not be stuck in analysis paralysis like I have been for a long time.

Do you have and particular threads that you found really insightful?

justrob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
May 11, 2024
Hi, I’m Seb

Hey Seb,

This is Rob,
I also found MJ from Ali's recommendation. I recommend reading the book unscripted , it was way better and more mind blowing (for me) than millionaire fastlane . Helped me look at certain beliefs that I held that would have held me back in any business venture I would try. Cheer!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

seb_bne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
May 7, 2024
Queensland, AU
Hey Seb,

This is Rob,
I also found MJ from Ali's recommendation. I recommend reading the book unscripted , it was way better and more mind blowing (for me) than millionaire fastlane . Helped me look at certain beliefs that I held that would have held me back in any business venture I would try. Cheer!
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the tip! I’ll grab a copy today. Do you have a favourite takeaway or chapter from Unscripted ?

For me, in Millionaire Fastlane it was the concept of ULL (Uncontrollable Limited Leverage) vs. CUL (Controllable Unlimited Leverage).

justrob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
May 11, 2024
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the tip! I’ll grab a copy today. Do you have a favourite takeaway or chapter from Unscripted ?

For me, in Millionaire Fastlane it was the concept of ULL (Uncontrollable Limited Leverage) vs. CUL (Controllable Unlimited Leverage).
Theres too many favorite ideas from unscripted . Chapters 17-29 are my favorite but too long to type here. You wont regret it

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
466%
Mar 15, 2018

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Seb, great to have ya!

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Hi, I’m Seb

Why not be a recruiting or staffing agency for remote work? Connect businesses with workers? You could even teach a class or have a webinar where you help workers/businesses improve their productivity and workflow?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...