The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vegan / Vegetarians Only (Chat about lifestyle, opportunities, food, whatever...)

Frances Kelleher

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jan 24, 2024
@StrikingViper69 I assume you are thinking about testing a plant-based diet since you ask about an adaption period.

For an anecdotal reference for you I will briefly sum up my plant-based/vegan journey and hope that you will find something of value in it.

I did a 180 turn from paleo to plant-based overnight.

Initially I went plant based only for health reasons and later stuck with it for ethical reasons.

I was very sick from 7+ years of the Gym-Bro/Paleo Diet and was desperate to try anything that would help me. After some research I figured a plant-based diet for some months as a therapeutical intervention/experiment could be of benefit.

I remember my first plant based meal was potatoes with some steemed vegetables - I honestly and for real wasn´t sure If I was gonna survive/starve with protein deficiency (lol) - but I was commited.

Back then there weren´t as many plant based/vegan communities and role-models around as are now (or at least I wasn´t aware of them at that time), only some books and research papers. So the whole change felt like a giant leap into unknown territory to me.

You certainly go through an adaption period, in which your body/microbiome has to shift to be able to properly process the increase in fiber and new food(groups). Go easy on the beans and slowly work yourself up. Educate yourself about the Do´s and Don´ts of proper food combining. Mind Vitamin B12. Expect a bit of flatulence and/or bloating for the first few weeks, but that will eventually sort itself out. Just give your body some time to adapt. Mind the vegan junk food products.

Also there are many reasons for going plant-based/vegan, the most common of them being health, environment and ethics.

After a few months of being plant-based, most of my ailments had significantly bettered or even completely reversed. The more I educated myself about the plant-based lifestyle however, the more I became aware of the ethical aspect, which is now my main motive/driver for living a plant-based/vegan life.

I would highly encourage you to do a deep research dive into the ethical aspect of veganism.

Over the years I have seen many people abandon a plant based lifestyle that simply were in it for health reasons, jumping on to the next trendy/promising diet.

People intuitively know that smoking isn´t healthy and they still light up that cigarette.
If one is only plant based for health reasons, the occasional steak (cigarette) will sneak in due to YOLO mentality.
If however you have a strong vegan identity - to reduce the suffering of all beings to the greatest extend possible and practicable - you simply will not falter.

As far as positive results go, some take immediate effect, some take more time and patience.
No longer participating in the needless suffering of animals being the most immediate effect.

Since you inquired about Blue-Print aswell:
I am not fully on Blue-Print. My main Protocol is AIR ("Age Inhibition Regimen"), architected by Dr. Nun Amen-Ra who is an Epidemiologist by training. This Regimen serves as my general framework and guiding principles in the gerontology sphere, however I do incorporate many aspects/principles from the Works of Bryan Johnson, Dr. Michael Greger and several others aswell.

Imho, a month of testing sure is enough time to get your toes wet and see, if Blue-Print is something that you can benefit of and sustain.

Although Bryan personally is plant-based/vegan, Blue-Print doesn´t require a plant-based diet and is a challenging regime (- remember the cigarette?). Keeping this in mind, I would encourage you to research the ethical aspect of veganism and also research Bryan´s Philosphy behind "Don´t Die".
This Is so helpful.Tks a million.I m starting this asap.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
566%
Apr 17, 2022
Also here is a selfie with a goat I met when researching for my biology presentation.
1000009403.jpg

That goat has a better beard than you.

You should start taking notes and learn from the pros.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
388%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
You certainly go through an adaption period, in which your body/microbiome has to shift to be able to properly process the increase in fiber and new food(groups). Go easy on the beans and slowly work yourself up.
+100. PLEASE, I repeat, PLEASE bear this in mind if you're going to go plant-based. I was nuclear for two weeks, ostracized and told to stay away from my friends (I don't blame them). As well as this, my body was screaming at me for such a sudden change.
Over the years I have seen many people abandon a plant based lifestyle that simply were in it for health reasons, jumping on to the next trendy/promising diet.
This is common, a lot of misunderstanding of plant-based = lots of fake meats and processed garbage.
If one is only plant based for health reasons, the occasional steak (cigarette) will sneak in due to YOLO mentality.
Drawing lines between cigarettes and steak seems a little extreme, doesn't it?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
@MJ DeMarco do you take creatine these days?

Any vegans in this thread taking creatine? Worth it or not?

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina

Vegan Novak Djokovic seems to care abou it, screams for creatine in the middle of the game lol:

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZquMgPWItHo?si=GYi_8x50pR093Fjf

My take:
110% worth it. Been starting my day with 5 g in 1 liter of water for months now and it helps a lot to have more energy since I’m doing caloric deficits and even i’ve been progressing at the gym. I Also take 3g after a gym session.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Yes, it's part of my workout regime, and was long before I went plant-based. IMO, creatine is one of the most effective workout supplements out there.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Yes, it's part of my workout regime, and was long before I went plant-based. IMO, creatine is one of the most effective workout supplements out there.

Thank you, I just got it today and will test it.

I hope to get as buff as you are in 2 weeks or I'll ask you for a refund.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
388%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Thank you, I just got it today and will test it.
Creatine makes a big difference. I think remember watching a video somewhere that 5 months of progress is sped up to 3 months from taking it. I promise this isn't bro science :rofl:

It'll make you heavier and more rounded from the water uptake, but it's well worth it.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

Yeah, I take creatine in capsules. Just a few grams. There are people who take 20 grams. It does help with strength.

I also take caffeine pills.

I was at the gym the other day and this guy said I was hurting myself by not eating meat. I'm not big and bulky but I am pretty strong.

I did see a video the other day of Ronnie Coleman. He was in a wheel chair at Mr Olympia. He used to be a cop. He does have a supplement business. Yeah buddy. LOL

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Back in my bodybuilding days, I went from 79kg to 83 kg after a month and increased all of my lifts massively after taking creatine every day.

This was after a long platue. It's the best supplement you can buy I think.

I still take it to this day. Massive cheat code.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Back in my bodybuilding days, I went from 79kg to 83 kg after a month and increased all of my lifts massively after taking creatine every day.

How much would you take ?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I did see a video the other day of Ronnie Coleman. He was in a wheel chair at Mr Olympia. He used to be a cop. He does have a supplement business. Yeah buddy. LOL

Ronnie Coleman messed himself up due to his own stupidity.

He would have a serious surgery then be straight back in the gym ignoring all advice from his surgeons and doctors and be straight back into lifting heavy.

He did this repeatedly after many surgeries, it's entirely his fault, and didn't have much to do with what he ate, it had to do with him being a moron.

It's like you getting your finger cut off, going to the doctors to get it stitched up, then leaving and cutting it off again on purpose.

Last edited:

Noyaux

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Apr 15, 2021
creatine is one of the most effective workout supplements out there
I received mine a few days ago, do you have tips when it's better to consume it ? Right before training, right after ? During your meal ?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011

Please SEARCH before posting.