The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting (and Fastlaning) a lawn care service business

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Still following and lovin' this thread @Johnny boy !

I'm starting a new business and the goal is to franchise. This will involve doing business in states other than where I live. You do the same in your business. If you can say, did you register an LLC, then when you branched into other states, apply as a "foreign entity" in the states you expanded into? Or did you incorporate it? Or something else?

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Franchising is a specific, precise, legally defined term with an entire metric F*ck-ton of regulations, requirements, and penalties for any non compliance. And the thing about regulations is they don’t care about your intentions. They have highly paid dorks in offices who’s only job is to give a giant pimp slap to anyone who dares not cross every t and dot every i.

I can be a corporate advisor for your franchising desires but most of the advice will be all the reasons you don’t actually have to and how you can usually accomplish your goals and make more money without it, and have more freedom.

You will still need a law firm to handle things for you. It depends on your state and your goals. I’ve read thousands and thousands of dense rules and laws about this.
Got it! Thanks for your input. I look at business as a game. I must know how it's played, the rules, the politics, and the competition. From there, I choose to play or not to play.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.