The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Progress Thread] My Five-Year Journey to Become a Man. (13-18)

Anything related to matters of the mind

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 15, 2023
It is the day after my 13th birthday. I am spending time with a close friend, Andre. We have been on a slackline (fun) for maybe five minutes when he says "I'm bored."

He sits down,

and starts watching TikTok...

My teenage years are the ones that will form the person I become. These years will shape whether I enter the world alone with a happy, healthy, strong body or a lazy, skinny-fat one. These years will shape my knowledge and wisdom, hopefully sparing me from a few mistakes here or there in my adult life. I look around at my friends and all of them are TikTok addicts or Youtube Shorts F*ckers. I refuse to become them. I refuse to live the slowlane. I refuse to accept my genetics and stay skinny. I refuse to be average.

In order to do this I will work harder than I may ever work. This will take blood, sweat, tears, and other assorted human liquids except for the "forbidden lemonade". I will force down meals and force up weights, force myself to study and learn and force myself to be persistent. I refuse to be lazy.

I notice myself action faking from time to time. I just don't really know how to commit to something. This is exactly what I need, social pressure. Thankyou MJ for creating this space. I refuse to action fake.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
It is the day after my 13th birthday. I am spending time with a close friend, Andre. We have been on a slackline (fun) for maybe five minutes when he says "I'm bored."

He sits down,

and starts watching TikTok...

My teenage years are the ones that will form the person I become. These years will shape whether I enter the world alone with a happy, healthy, strong body or a lazy, skinny-fat one. These years will shape my knowledge and wisdom, hopefully sparing me from a few mistakes here or there in my adult life. I look around at my friends and all of them are TikTok addicts or Youtube Shorts F*ckers. I refuse to become them. I refuse to live the slowlane. I refuse to accept my genetics and stay skinny. I refuse to be average.

In order to do this I will work harder than I may ever work. This will take blood, sweat, tears, and other assorted human liquids except for the "forbidden lemonade". I will force down meals and force up weights, force myself to study and learn and force myself to be persistent. I refuse to be lazy.
Im confused. Were you 12 two days ago?

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 15, 2023
EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD:
Fitness:

180lbs lean athletic physique (I'm expected to get up to 6'0"-6'2")

2X bodyweight deadlift, 1.5x bodyweight squat, 1x bodyweight bench)

Business/school:
Have a decent experience in business... an internship, a few online side hustles, etc.

Get accepted into a decent business bachelor program (unless something takes off. My parents are very slowlane so they would be so proud and, they already have the money.)

Straight As a 7th-12th grade

Mindset:
Charismatic and likable personality (not only for life but for business.)

Disciplined hard worker.

MISC:
Girlfriend (optional)

find/make friends with a similar mindset and goal

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 15, 2023
BY 2024
Fitness:
Start and make a habit of my meal plan (in the works)

Recover from a broken arm and get back to working out

Business/school:
Get ONE copy/branding customer

Maintain VERY good grades in school (95% or above)

Read the following books:
(will fill in later)
Mindset:
Force me to gradually increase my attention span and reduce unneeded dopamine

constantly get 8-10 hrs of sleep
MISC:

Find one friend who is into business/read this book and get them on this forum

Last edited:

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 15, 2023
Habits
Fitness:
start meal plan

Start leg days again and start getting strong in the broken arm

Once I do, start calisthenics/weight training for upper body again
Business/school:
Study or work on copywriting or branding for 30 minutes daily

Set aside time to do all homework plus extra stuff

Set aside 30 minutes daily to read
Mindset:
Cold showers

Daily meditaion

Go to bed on time
MISC:

Talk to my friend Joey about this form and book a few times

I’ll use the app producive to track this plus some other stuff.

Last edited:

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 15, 2023
October 9th, Monday:
Wasted a lot of time on Netflix today, but I also got some outreach study, homework, and set up Productive. I went to the doctors and am going to start easing back into the gym with my broken arm. Starting my 2500 cal/day meal plan on Monday (in a week)

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 15, 2023
October 11th, Wednesday

So far so good, going to
1. get a BUNCH of marketing study done
2. do a high-intensity stretch for my arm
3. Read the next chapter in Cant Hurt me

Done: all

Last edited:

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 15, 2023
October 12th, thurs

Read chapter 3 of Goggins today and his actionable step is to do the stuff you hate, so I decided I hate running and the cold
so now I will run 2k every day and continue the cold showers. (so excited)

I have my first school dance (going stag ) today so prob will just get some study done and call it a great day.

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 15, 2023
TODAY + tomorrow
read +1 chapter of Goggins
?not allowed?
homework
(added= marketing study)

Last edited:

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 15, 2023
So...
my parents are asking me to prove myself to them that I could convince them that I could land a client. We had a long discussion and they are asking me to learn more from books than doing stuff. They are very slow lane and want me to go to college (which I do too). So I think i will be replacing "get one copy/branding client" with a general marketing and business study. After all, time is on my side, and I don't mind waiting a few years while I absorb every little bit of business and people knowledge I can.

WILL MAKE MASSIVE BOOK LIST:

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Buddy I like the direction you're going in but taking cold showers and reading Goggins every night isn't what makes you a man. Doing those things does not equate to business success, action does. Though yes, you should prioritize physical fitness, as well as your education.

I also love the fact that you're staying off social media platforms as well. Social media brainwashes the masses into thinking on an average level while lowering your attention span. It also affects your mood and sleep cycle.

But man, you're 13. Enjoy yourself. As MJ said before, you're a time billionaire. Go experience life. Find your first girlfriend. Build friendships.

If you want something to read, read the Almanac of Naval Ravikant. Fantastic book and a great starter. Really opened my mind up to a lot of things. You also can't go wrong with the classic How to Win Friends and Influence People.

Beyond this, read what you want to read. I recommend the classics, as well as science fiction. Philosophy is a favorite of mine. Books like The Republic, The Prince, and Meditations are fantastic if you want to get into philosophy.

Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash and The Diamond Age are fantastic intro sci-fi books you should definitely check out if you're into that.

Reading expands the mind, and by just reading an hour a day, you're automatically more intelligent than 99% of the population.

But enjoy yourself, man.

I wish you luck, young soldier.

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 15, 2023
Buddy I like the direction you're going in but taking cold showers and reading Goggins every night isn't what makes you a man. Doing those things does not equate to business success, action does. Though yes, you should prioritize physical fitness, as well as your education.

I also love the fact that you're staying off social media platforms as well. Social media brainwashes the masses into thinking on an average level while lowering your attention span. It also affects your mood and sleep cycle.

But man, you're 13. Enjoy yourself. As MJ said before, you're a time billionaire. Go experience life. Find your first girlfriend. Build friendships.

If you want something to read, read the Almanac of Naval Ravikant. Fantastic book and a great starter. Really opened my mind up to a lot of things. You also can't go wrong with the classic How to Win Friends and Influence People.

Beyond this, read what you want to read. I recommend the classics, as well as science fiction. Philosophy is a favorite of mine. Books like The Republic, The Prince, and Meditations are fantastic if you want to get into philosophy.

Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash and The Diamond Age are fantastic intro sci-fi books you should definitely check out if you're into that.

Reading expands the mind, and by just reading an hour a day, you're automatically more intelligent than 99% of the population.

But enjoy yourself, man.

I wish you luck, young soldier.
Hey Aidan, thank you so much for the thoughtful response first of all..

1. I agree, absolutely, however, I don't see the problem in learning for now and taking action later due to my situation

2. The second I learned about that I deleted YT. Had a bit of problems and can still go on from time to time but for the most part, not happening

3. Sure, except... there's not anyone that I know who isn't a social media addicted zombie. And the girlfriend... working on it.

4. Almanac, Prince and Meditations are already on my list. I'll give Republic a shot too (Plato, right?) I've read HTWFAIP, its on my nightstand lol

5. And I wish you luck, old hag!

kidding.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Apr 27, 2022
United States

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 15, 2023
Okay but some real progress now. My arm is getting way better and as I write this both of them are shaking from the best arm day i've had in a while.

I want to start working on some sort of business/skill but don't really have any ideas. I did however buy a bunch of books from dog-walking money and am expanding my knowlage base.

I'm gonna go clean my room, run, take a warm bath and nap until dinner for now tho. Goodbye everybody.

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 15, 2023
So, two things

One: may have found a fastlane friend irl, he said he wants to do dropshippibg which is how I got into the space as well, I’m going to email him and tell him about it

And secondly my meal plan will start Monday, have to put everything on the shopping list today tho…

Also, actually considering trying dropshippibg myself, bc I’m desperate for some experience even if it’s like 200 bucks made, and I think I can sell my parents on it…

It would be really simple, just build the brand up and get some good experience in marketing, and prob won’t make me much but it’s not time for money so fits the criteria.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
So, two things

One: may have found a fastlane friend irl, he said he wants to do dropshippibg which is how I got into the space as well, I’m going to email him and tell him about it

And secondly my meal plan will start Monday, have to put everything on the shopping list today tho…

Also, actually considering trying dropshippibg myself, bc I’m desperate for some experience even if it’s like 200 bucks made, and I think I can sell my parents on it…

It would be really simple, just build the brand up and get some good experience in marketing, and prob won’t make me much but it’s not time for money so fits the criteria.
First off: Never judge a book by its cover;

I thought I finally had a friend who would go to the gym with me. He stopped after 3 sessions. I thought he would try to be fastlane; he refused to buy the book, calling it a scam.

Second off: Dropshipping is not fastlane,

I’ve never heard MJ say dropshipping was fastlane, I’ve only heard him say it isn’t.

Third off: Check your spelling,

you are having multiple spelling mistakes which can easily be fixed by turning on auto correct, or just reviewing your post before posting. Its driving people away with the impression that your lazy.

Fourth off: Stop talking in short forms.

Ik, Idrc, prob, fr, idk all make it seem so immature and weird. I’d much rather reply to a post from someone who has the time to write out the real words, than someone who rushes it.

Everytime I’ve helped someone who says Idrc instead of I don’t really care are really addicted to social media, annoying, weird and rude.

Hopefully that helps, best of luck Akaushra.

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 15, 2023
First off: Never judge a book by its cover;

I thought I finally had a friend who would go to the gym with me. He stopped after 3 sessions. I thought he would try to be fastlane; he refused to buy the book, calling it a scam.

Second off: Dropshipping is not fastlane,

I’ve never heard MJ say dropshipping was fastlane, I’ve only heard him say it isn’t.

Third off: Check your spelling,

you are having multiple spelling mistakes which can easily be fixed by turning on auto correct, or just reviewing your post before posting. Its driving people away with the impression that your lazy.

Fourth off: Stop talking in short forms.

Ik, Idrc, prob, fr, idk all make it seem so immature and weird. I’d much rather reply to a post from someone who has the time to write out the real words, than someone who rushes it.

Everytime I’ve helped someone who says Idrc instead of I don’t really care are really addicted to social media, annoying, weird and rude.

Hopefully that helps, best of luck Akaushra.
1. I use Grammarly and it was turned off the other day, my apologies.
2. I understand dropshipping isn't Fastlane but any other idea where I'm doing real value is shot down by my parents. Dropshipping is easy and doesn't take up too much of my time so they might actually go for it. But my parents are still 100% against me starting a biz so it doesn't matter.
3. Your probably right, just a habit I need to break
4. dumbass friend.

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 15, 2023
Sorry for not updating, I have a very busy school week this week so, what can you do I guess?

Continuing to do all the things I've been doing, and I'm thinking of starting to try to build a network. Seems a little scary but I suppose its just finding people, right?

My meal plan is going great, and my workouts are too. I think considerable gains are on the way.

Thats about all now, signing off.

P.S. deleted snapchat.

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 15, 2023
Okay so I have an idea…

A dog toilet.

Okay that sounds absolutely stupid but hold on.

Look up “toilets for dogs”. I bet you will find a lot of

1698231742992.png
Or doggy poop pads, but what really interested me are these two companies:

Possible competitor #1: Hali-loo
Hali-loo seems not to be a company but an invention, patented and trademarked. On the website there is no “buy here” but I can assume it is expensive. There is also an email for contacting about “licensing opportunities” which I assume means she wants someone to use her product for a buisness. I would ask to do it except
A. I have no experience and this is a big undertaking.
B. The product seems particularly costly.
C. Probably has to be a house project to install the product somewhere, like rip the floor up and install in a toilet area, which is resistance to use so customers will be less willing to buy.

Perhaps I make a mentor of people who run ecommerce businesses like this would be and learn a bunch of things, and then take it over.

Possible competitor #2: Fydoo
Unlike the previous one, Fydoo is an established buisness seemingly out of australia. They’ve been on As Seen on TV and Shark Tank and have a “buy here” area. The product is 1000 dollars and has a whopping 12 reviews.

What I could do better:

1. Marketing for these things is terrible. I’d start a TikTok, do YouTube ads, anything that made me know I was getting to dog owners. I’d build a brand, one that makes the product really desirable and let me bump the price up a little. I’d also try to get into PetSmart or other places like that. Overall just try to make every dog owner in the US/world to know about my product.

2. Expensive as hell. 1000 dollars? Most people can’t just chuck that around. I’d aim for my costs/product to be around 100 and sell around 150 or even 200.

3. They are hard to install. It seems you need like a plumber or some plumbing to do to connect this to a sewer line. I could make a product that you could just screw into a toilet.

Oh wait, I forgot, I have no F*cking idea how to build something like this. I’m still gonna try, but…

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 15, 2023
Starting a free 100 days of code course... will say how it goes but I think I can start coding as a side hustle on this site called replit.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
389%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Okay so I have an idea…

A dog toilet.

Okay that sounds absolutely stupid but hold on.

Look up “toilets for dogs”. I bet you will find a lot of

View attachment 52080
Or doggy poop pads, but what really interested me are these two companies:

Possible competitor #1: Hali-loo
Hali-loo seems not to be a company but an invention, patented and trademarked. On the website there is no “buy here” but I can assume it is expensive. There is also an email for contacting about “licensing opportunities” which I assume means she wants someone to use her product for a buisness. I would ask to do it except
A. I have no experience and this is a big undertaking.
B. The product seems particularly costly.
C. Probably has to be a house project to install the product somewhere, like rip the floor up and install in a toilet area, which is resistance to use so customers will be less willing to buy.

Perhaps I make a mentor of people who run ecommerce businesses like this would be and learn a bunch of things, and then take it over.

Possible competitor #2: Fydoo
Unlike the previous one, Fydoo is an established buisness seemingly out of australia. They’ve been on As Seen on TV and Shark Tank and have a “buy here” area. The product is 1000 dollars and has a whopping 12 reviews.

What I could do better:

1. Marketing for these things is terrible. I’d start a TikTok, do YouTube ads, anything that made me know I was getting to dog owners. I’d build a brand, one that makes the product really desirable and let me bump the price up a little. I’d also try to get into PetSmart or other places like that. Overall just try to make every dog owner in the US/world to know about my product.

2. Expensive as hell. 1000 dollars? Most people can’t just chuck that around. I’d aim for my costs/product to be around 100 and sell around 150 or even 200.

3. They are hard to install. It seems you need like a plumber or some plumbing to do to connect this to a sewer line. I could make a product that you could just screw into a toilet.

Oh wait, I forgot, I have no F*cking idea how to build something like this. I’m still gonna try, but…

Wasn't this dog toilet on dragons den?

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 15, 2023
Ugh.

That's all I have to say to myself. My behavior for the last area of time has been terrible, I've fallen into old habits and been running on autopilot, barely conscious because of all the F*cking youtube shorts I've consumed. My attention span has fallen to mere seconds. I know what I have to do though. I'm going to F*cking conquer myself. I'm 13 now, not just a kid who can laze around, but a teenager who needs to prepare for the life I have yet to truly live. I have to take responsibility and do the hard shit, not because Goggins said do but because I have to. Not start a business because MJ and Naval Raikant say to, start a business to provide for myself and my future family.

In other words, I'm back.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.