The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Path to citizenship/emigration.

Idea threads

Which route is most efficient to you?

• Total voters

Prince33

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 9, 2020
Latvia
Hey guys.
Thanks for taking the time out to read this.

I have decided to ultimately emigrate to another country. As many others are doing nowadays.
However, for the most desirable nations(economically) your options usually are:

A) Get a degree in something useful and get a job there as a skilled worker. Usually tech, medical of finance. Hope and pray you get a job and then work/live there for 5-7 years+ and apply for citizenship.
B) Start a business. Some places are more loose. As in start a online business and run it there. As long as you can prove you make a certain amount and hire a citizen of that nation youre good. Some countries are very strict. Must prove youre hiring people from that country, have business connections, proof of income and assets, must prove itll support the country. Etc etc
C) Investment, but this is usually not the case for high demand countries and if it is youre talking €300K - half a million at least.
D) Get married.
E) Study there.

Since we are fastlaners we know reliability is very important.(commandment of control) And so is time.

A = Takes at least 9 - 11 years including 4 years for a Bachelors degree. At least. Even if you have one already thats over half a decade. Not including language learning.
C = That much money saved up takes time... no need to explain.
E = Same, at least 2-4 years depending on what you study, then gotta work there. So similar to A.

Im assuming most us would lean B. But considering itll take you minimum 5 years even for the fastest alternative on here. Isnt this the best option?

Get a high earning skill. Make money with it, start some online business, provide value, whatever. Then just run it through that country or get a digital nomad visa or something?

Whats your guys thoughts on this grandiose task. How would you emigrate knowing you have at least 5 years?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
If I were looking to move to another country (which I am). The following would be my process.

Make a list of countries that interest me, and detail why.

Tourist visa to one of the biggest on your list.

If they others are geographically near you in some fashion, find a way to visit for a brief time.

Once you've determined your new home, thats when I'd begin all the paperwork and bureacracy.

Good luck.

G

Guest050x2

Have you fully checked into the occupational needs of whichever country you're going to?

Depending on the country/profession, you may only need some type of certification. For example, when I attempted to move to Canada based on my profession (web developer), I was ultimately denied because I don't have a CS degree, therefore I'm not considered a "professional web developer" in Canada. However, upon looking through their occupational needs list, I saw they desperately need welders. After looking into it, I realized I would've gotten into Canada on a work visa, after obtaining a certification in welding (about 8-9 months), and I wouldn't have needed any type of experience to do so.

Luckily my plans changed and I was able to completely avoid moving to Canada, but the lesson remains: almost every country has multiple loopholes for easy entry/citizenship (that are legal), if you look hard enough.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Mar 8, 2018
England
I think half the jobs in the UK are 'essential' and therefore open to foreigners. We gave 1.1 million visa out last year, the most ever. This wont change.

For example healthcare and construction aren't higfhly skilled like a Software Engineer but due to massive shortage, companies are trawling the world with Government backing to find people.

I don't think these people ever leave once they are here as they are guaranteed work and then just apply for Right to Remain if not full citizenship which is the other option in the UK.

Not an expert in this field though but I know half my neighbours are not British and they have been here for years, kids in school, jobs, bought houses etc etc

Dan

Prince33

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 9, 2020
Latvia
I think half the jobs in the UK are 'essential' and therefore open to foreigners. We gave 1.1 million visa out last year, the most ever. This wont change.

For example healthcare and construction aren't higfhly skilled like a Software Engineer but due to massive shortage, companies are trawling the world with Government backing to find people.

I don't think these people ever leave once they are here as they are guaranteed work and then just apply for Right to Remain if not full citizenship which is the other option in the UK.

Not an expert in this field though but I know half my neighbours are not British and they have been here for years, kids in school, jobs, bought houses etc etc

Dan
Crazy how many loopholes it is when it comes to Immigration. Well at least it keeps the fertility rates up.

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
AFAIK you can go to Spain to learn Spanish and work part-time and get your residence permit after 2 years, provided that you have passed the language test and got yourself a pre-employment contract (don’t know if you can do that with your own venture)

Prince33

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 9, 2020
Latvia
AFAIK you can go to Spain to learn Spanish and work part-time and get your residence permit after 2 years, provided that you have passed the language test and got yourself a pre-employment contract (don’t know if you can do that with your own venture)
Ah, thatțs an interesting one as well.

ericaung

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 6, 2018
That only counts if you coming from Spanish Colony countries like Philippines, Latin America Countries like Argentina, Paraguay etc. If you come from non-spanish colony countries, u must live there physically for at least 10 years to get residency there

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.