The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bob Parson's 16 Rules

Anything related to matters of the mind

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
10, and 11, 12 resonant with me ... what resonates with you?!

Get and stay out of your comfort zone.
Never give up.
3. When you are ready to quit, you're closer than you think.
Accept the worst possible outcome.
Focus on what you want to have happen.
Take things a day at a time.
Always be moving forward.
Be quick to decide.
Measure everything of significance.
Anything that is not managed will deteriorate.
Pay attention to your competitors, but pay more attention to what you're doing.
Never let anybody push you around.
Never expect life to be fair.
Solve your own problems.
Don't take yourself too seriously.
16. There's always a reason to smile

BobParsons.com - Bob Parsons™ Gear

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I like 1, 5, 7, 9, 14

Good find+++speed

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
I like this one...

>>7. Always be moving forward.

Forward motion moves a person
closer and closer to the desired goal.

Just keep putting one foot in front
of the other.

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
1. Get and stay out of your comfort zone. (means I'm learning)

Focus on what you want to have happen. (don't dwell on the bad things, they do nothing but slow me down)

7. Always be moving forward. (K.I.M keep it movin baby! -- don't get stuck in a rut)

16. There's always a reason to smile (nothing can hold you down if you don't let it)

Sweet find MJ, might have to print this one out

CoMp1eX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 1, 2007
One of the best "top" lists I've read.

I really believe in stepping out of your comfort zone. I have a story a little too personal to post, but it extremely motivates me to this day thinking back on it.

It deeply changes you as a person when you accomplish something you wouldn't normally do.

AlwaysCurious

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jan 16, 2008
GMT +1

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
I want to see how much of a correlation there is between a person's place on the fast lane and the specific points that resonate with them. I believe that people currently trying to move into the fast lane would embrace the first few points. Those points in the middle would seem to resonate more with business owners. The last two run across the board.

Here are mine:
1. Get and stay out of your comfort zone.
Reminds me of a favorite quote: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. If your comfort zone isn't in the fast lane, you must step out of it to make the transition.

3. When you are ready to quit, you're closer than you think.
Road blocks exist for a reason. They're either there to keep your competitors out, or they're there to keep you away from the competition. Which way do you want to look at it???

4. Accept the worst possible outcome.
Before you ever get started, figure out the worst thing that could possibly happen. Once you come to terms with that, you can focus on the business and not the obstacles.

5. Focus on what you want to have happen.
Ties in with #4. Once you've accepted the worst that could happen, keep your thoughts focus on what you want to happen.

10. Anything that is not managed will deteriorate.
Pay attention to the details that matter most. Don't waste time on insignificant details while overlooking matters that can sink your ship.

16. There's always a reason to smile
Even in the worst situations, there is something to gain. Find it.

CoMp1eX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 1, 2007
8 SNAKE your a great writer! Thanks for the explanations, could you possibly do that with the other 10 on the list?

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
2. Never give up.
Deciding to quit only means you forgot why you started. Don't lose your passion!

6. Take things a day at a time.
Even the biggest of challenges become manageable when they are tackled one step at a time. Don't become overwhelmed by a bad situation. Simply break down the steps that you must take to overcome the obstacles and check them off one at a time.

7. Always be moving forward.
This one goes two ways. If you're working toward success, make sure that you're progressing. Take note of even the smallest of achievements and celebrate them. This will motivate you on your journey.

If you've achieved success, don't get complacent. You got to the top by staying ahead of your competition. Don't sit on your heels and let them catch up!

8. Be quick to decide.
Avoid paralysis by analysis. Once you have enough information to make a decision, make one!

Measure everything of significance.
What you measure gets attention. This ties directly in with #10. Know what's important in your business and keep track of it. If you have employees, know that they're going to focus on the items that you (the owner/manager) measure.

Pay attention to your competitors, but pay more attention to what you're doing.
It's no different than running a race. You need to know your position in the race so that you can formulate a strategy, but you can't win by watching everyone else.

Never let anybody push you around.
You've got to have confidence in yourself and your business. Set your own terms (based on logic and reasoning) and then stick with them. If you're not setting the terms, you're not running the show!

Never expect life to be fair.
You can cry about the problems or you can solve them. Both require energy, but only one will move you forward.

Solve your own problems.
If you're dependent on someone else to solve your problems, you've given that person a lot of power over you and your business. YOU need to be in control.

Don't take yourself too seriously.
Whatever you do, don't congratulate yourself too much, or berate yourself either. Your circumstances are half chance. So are everyone else's.
I love the lyrics from the Sunscreen song!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.