The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Without diploma

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

andrea532

New Contributor
Mar 14, 2020
Italy
Hi all i am new and i read both highway for wealth and unscripted.
Reading these books I have not seen if there are people without a diploma who can face the fastline road.
do you have any suggestions?
thank you

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Rabby

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
There are p l e n t y without diplomas. A diploma is a credential. Credentials establish your authority in certain fields, sometimes. But they do not represent what you know, how you think, or what you can apply to solving problems. Those things are more important than a credential. At least... in entrepreneurship.

I'm actually surprised you didn't get that from MJ's writing... he's rather critical of the golden path "get a degree to get a good job to save up money to retire when you're 80." Re-read what education means to a fastlaner in The Millionaire Fastlane (I guess that's translated as Highway to Wealth in your edition?)

Welcome :)

VicFountain

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 22, 2018
Hi all i am new and i read both highway for wealth and unscripted.
Reading these books I have not seen if there are people without a diploma who can face the fastline road.
do you have any suggestions?
thank you
Io sto studiando Economia all'Università e permettimi di dire che non sto imparando un cazz* di niente applicabile al mondo reale. Ho imparato di più comprando libri da 15 euro ciascuno.

Rabby

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Io sto studiando Economia all'Università e permettimi di dire che non sto imparando un cazz* di niente applicabile al mondo reale. Ho imparato di più comprando libri da 15 euro ciascuno.
Yeah, unfortunately a college economics program will likely have you making complex graphs about GDP and trade balance and such. Lots of math, not so many concepts you can use. That and a bunch of classes about inequality and social injustice, the net effect being to indoctrinate you into a victim mentality, if your universities are anything like the ones in the US. If you want economics you can apply to business, I suggest Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell.

VicFountain

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 22, 2018
Yeah, unfortunately a college economics program will likely have you making complex graphs about GDP and trade balance and such. Lots of math, not so many concepts you can use. That and a bunch of classes about inequality and social injustice, the net effect being to indoctrinate you into a victim mentality, if your universities are anything like the ones in the US. If you want economics you can apply to business, I suggest Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell.
The only thing I'm finding "useful" in my Economics course is statistics. But beware, I mean basic statistics like the WADM on MJ's book. I find complex fomulas a joke in all honesty. I'm not saying these formulas are not valid. But seriously, how do you apply them?

Also, at Microeconomics we are studying a shit-load of formulas and I once asked the professor "How can we apply this stuff in the real world? Where can we get data precise enough to achieve any worthy outcome from these formulas?". As I expected, he simply evaded my question.

Seriously, Economics in University looks like a "wealth-course masquerade". And it's funny how studying Economics is such a status symbol in Italy. "Oh you are studying Economics? You are going to be rich!", yeah sure.

OP
OP
A

andrea532

New Contributor
Mar 14, 2020
Italy
[QUOTE = "Rabby, post: 859530, membro: 59844"]
Ce ne sono molti senza diplomi. Un diploma è una credenziale. Le credenziali stabiliscono la tua autorità in determinati campi, a volte. Ma non rappresentano ciò che sai, come pensi o cosa puoi applicare per risolvere i problemi. Quelle cose sono più importanti di una credenziale. Almeno ... nell'imprenditoria.

In realtà sono sorpreso che tu non l'abbia capito dallo scritto di MJ ... è piuttosto critico sul percorso d'oro "ottenere una laurea per ottenere un buon lavoro per risparmiare denaro per andare in pensione quando hai 80 anni". Rileggi cosa significa educazione per un fastlaner in The Millionaire Fastlane (immagino che sia tradotto come Highway to Wealth nella tua edizione?)

benvenuto :)
[/CITAZIONE]
I try to be more specific I mean the 18/19 year old diploma not the university

OP
OP
A

andrea532

New Contributor
Mar 14, 2020
Italy
[QUOTE = "Campione, post: 860330, membro: 66630"]
Puoi farcela senza un diploma, molti imprenditori non hanno mai finito i loro diplomi!
[/CITAZIONE]
Cerco di essere più specifico, intendo il diploma di 18/19 anni, non l'università

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
Hey @Cruiser I just shot you a reply! Amazing product BTW!
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
I'm thinking about joining the program. How is it like joining from Asia (Japan specifically)...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Well, we made it halfway through the year. Don't know what the rest'll bring, but it's gonna be...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Not really a teaser but it does employ a fictional story, so that is similiar. This upcoming...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom