The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What to do with a Facebook page with ~45k likes

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Brrr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Jul 28, 2019
To give a small amount of context, it's essentially a comedy/meme page for a tv show that I started years ago, that I just did for a bit of a laugh. Somebody kept on sending me content for it so I made him an admin for it and he makes 90% of the posts, it's pretty popular and people seem to really love it. It's only really active for ~3 month/year. The tv show is about baking, 80% women audience mostly in their 20s and 30s.

I was wondering if there was anything I could do to monetise it? I was thinking of maybe creating a cooking/recipe blog and try and direct traffic there but I don't know the first thing about blogs/websites and how you monetise them(but am very willing to learn). I would rather avoid just posting rubbish adverts as it's meant to just be some lighthearted fun, but the posts tend to get around 20-100k views and often 1k+ likes (around 5 a week), I have no idea if that has any value or not.

As I'm going into my "low" season in the next 6 months, I'll have a lot more time and I figured this could be a fun little side project and a good learning exercise. I also figured I could use this as a platform to push ice cream recipes ( I was going to set up an ice cream blog anyway) and it might then serve as a way to promote and market my main ice cream brand and company.

Would love to hear your thoughts/ideas on this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
A show related contest or giveaway that collects emails, then sell them baking stuff and related home goods?

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Jul 1, 2018
Make a print on demand t-shirts with the funny/fan quotes using teespring or printify. You could easily make $10 per shirt profit and you don't pay until you get the money.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Make a print on demand t-shirts with the funny/fan quotes using teespring or printify. You could easily make $10 per shirt profit and you don't pay until you get the money.
Copyright??

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
For Facebook, they will only help monetize if you have a 3+ minute video on your page. If its just picture memes, it wont get any money. As far as Facebook, just upload your skits or whatever and monetize that way. Out of Facebook, maybe livestream on Twitch some of the time or set up a Patreon? Definitely Youtube as well.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Jul 1, 2018
Copyright??

Look at this page:

The guy who owns it is a boss in the e-com world, he's called Kingpinning. He's been doing this for ages with huge profits. Search him on google and you'll see how he does it. But keep in mind there's a big chance you'll need to invest in fb ads.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
The Best Part: You have built Audience
The Next Thing: Monetize It - Sell Them something small

Walterbl

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 23, 2018
Make a Patreon page and ask for support.

Do people share your stuff? How did you make it grow?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.