The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is Your Life Philosophy?

Anything related to matters of the mind

SuperBlast

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Aug 3, 2019
I never realized this before, but the movie Fight Club has a great extent of the unscripted mindset. Especially on the Tyler Durden character, interpreted by Brad Pitt.

Check out on the breakdown below by Charisma on Command. They also have other great content on social dynamics so recommend youtube channel.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CLTBV0SV2Y

If you don't have a life philosophy, one will be given to you by people who are trying to sell you something.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
I love Fight Club movie.
In fact when it was released in 1999, I watched it only few times.
But Still I couldn't understand it.
I had to watch many times to reach a point to understand it.
I realized in around 2012/2013 that this is the movie of eye opening.

It's not just Fight Club Movie.
The Movie Direction: David Fincher
&
Original Novel Writer: Chuck Palahniuk = They are both smartest people I have ever studied. You can look it up in Google.

Philosophy is Great.
I think the proper word is: Have Some Boundaries for yourself as a person.

Staying cool & calm under pressure cooker situation: It requires Training which takes years to obtain. Training like Fitness/UFC/MMA etc

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Since we're on the subject of nihilistic (or seemingly so) badasses:
I was always drawn to the Sea Wolf's Wolf Larsen and Nietzsche's Zarathustra, who appear to not give a F*ck at cursory glance, but ultimately do give, possibly too much of, a F*ck about things that are alien to normal folks.

Common theme amongst great villains and anti-heros? I don't know, but these types of characters do make you think about who you could be if you thought a little differently.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Get busy living or get busy dying

SuperBlast

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Aug 3, 2019
You are not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You are not your F*cking khakis.

The khakis one is the best

Never1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 13, 2015
Canada
Mine? Life’s too short to spend it doing mediocre shit around mediocre people. Go after the out of reach things, make a name for yourself, and do everything with absolute conviction, honesty and integrity. If you F*ck up just get back up.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I never realized this before, but the movie Fight Club has a great extent of the unscripted mindset. Especially on the Tyler Durden character, interpreted by Brad Pitt.

Check out on the breakdown below by Charisma on Command. They also have other great content on social dynamics so recommend youtube channel.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CLTBV0SV2Y
It was a movie recommended often. I still haven’t got to watch it.

I think as we learn and grow our philosophies change to a certain extend.
I will list the top few philosophies that I think personally matter for me.

-“See the world as it is, not what you wish it to be.” This is something I believe all over the years and have not changed ever since.

-“The world is not black and white, it is often grey”. There are always guru who will tell you A is a holygrail and B is shit. Well it is not often more complicated. There are always pro and con in different choices and it is after carefully weighing them you see what is the best for yourself. I only grabbed this philosophy after losing some money in the financial market some years ago. I wish I have paid less school fee for that.

-Success is about putting every ounce of your energy into the field. No one ever look back their life and said “I regretted working too hard for my dream.”This sounds cliche but it is even more true in today’s world of internet. You want good advice and business tactic you can easily learn things online. There is no replacement for fanatical work ethics.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Mine’s a bit different and stems from a childhood of playing MMORPGS.

I see life as a “game”. And just because I say I see it that way doesn’t mean I don’t value life. This is just concepts taken from games.

For instance, we’re spawn into this world with many other players, who choose different jobs in their life. They’re all at different levels in their game, all have different amounts of money. Their character has a different appearance, has different skills, etc...

You can choose to play the game in a boring fashion. Or you can do fun things like joining a guild (like minded people), go to different parts of the world (travel), learn different abilities and skills. Level up your character, dress up your character the way you want, add people to your buddy list, etc...

I try to enjoy the game I spawned to the best ability I can. As a player, I don’t want the game to be boring so I want to meet other amazing people to enjoy the game with. I want to go on adventures with these players, and I want to level up.

This philosophy isn’t the only one I have but it’s a big one. And note that again, just because I see life this way.... that we’re all a bunch of players who spawned into this world... doesn’t mean I don’t value life.

If anything having this type of philosophy encourages me. I obviously want to have fun in this game. I want to reach the highest levels and have some great party quests along the way.

At the end of the day, having this philosophy encourages me to gain more skills, level up my abilities, character, meet new people, and to make the best of this game while I can.

I choose to enjoy the game. Level up my character and not remain a level 1 noob.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.