The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What about the environment?

njord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Nov 24, 2016
The Amazon is burning...
The Congo is burning...
Indonesia is burning...
Siberia is burning...
The sea is fulling up with plastics...
And in europe we have had the hottest summer in decades...

I know this is a forum where we talk about business and ways to earn money. But what about the environment? Can fastlane; earning tons of money (creating value for others) and stopping/reducing environmental damage go hand in hand?

I was wondering what people experiences and opinions on the matter are and what we as entrepreneurs can do about the future of our planet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
It will when:
Client's a$$ is burning...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Can fastlane; earning tons of money (creating value for others) and stopping/reducing environmental damage go hand in hand?

Yes, and I believe it to be an imperative value skew. While I consider myself a pure capitalist, I'm not a believer in unlimited economic growth at the expense of environmental factors.

There is a ton of value skew to be created by addressing environmental concerns; reducing of waste, plastic alternatives, biodegradable stuffs ...

Regardless of the climate debate, there is a significant market that wants to "do their part" -- given a choice between identical products, I'd buy the one that would have less environmental impact. Environmentalism is a significant part of identity, and if you can tap into consumer identity, you have an advantage.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
Yes, and I believe it to be an imperative value skew. While I consider myself a pure capitalist, I'm not a believer in unlimited economic growth at the expense of environmental factors.

There is a ton of value skew to be created by addressing environmental concerns; reducing of waste, plastic alternatives, biodegradable stuffs ...

Regardless of the climate debate, there is a significant market that wants to "do their part" -- given a choice between identical products, I'd buy the one that would have less environmental impact. Environmentalism is a significant part of identity, and if you can tap into consumer identity, you have an advantage.
Yes.
Who are the experts at tapping into that consumer ID? Any thread links to offer here? Much thanks.
I'm involved in a biodiversity project. Any insights would be highly valued.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia

I dislike how the youngest generations are being frightened and disempowered by doomsday narratives (politically motivated, natch) based on sheer stupidity.
Why stupidity? Because technology is the wild card. Science is the good wizard. We have a lot of work to do.
There have been such phenomenal advances in technology and in applied science in the past twenty years. No one should buy the story that we have no choice but to witness species loss and environmental degradation. and we need to stop teaching this depression story to children.
Political motivated scientifically illiterate poppycock.
Every child should be encouraged, reassured, educated in science, and then knighted when they are adolescents with the noble mandate to get going and be inventive. Find technological and organic solutions to the problem.
From revitalizing farmland to carbon-free aeronautics, designing carbon-free clothing, cooling the planet through upper atmospheric geophysics, innovating new food sources, zero carbon catalytic hydrogen generator for homes, promoting a recycling mindset, promoting wellbeing through the lifespan, protecting species migration, and ending the use of paper cups which each require fifty gallons of water to manufacture, there is tons of stuff to do.
Starbucks' plastic straw ban a triumph? Gimme a break.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007