The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Website Suggestions

Marketing, social media, advertising

REIguy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 3, 2020
Maryland
Hello All,

Does anyone have any suggestions for a specific web agency or individual to design a service business website? There's a million different options out there and I don't know the right questions to ask or what to look for. I've spent hours reading and learning on this site as well as others, but I'd like to get the ball rolling sooner than later. I also run a couple of other businesses that take much of my time. Thanks for any input!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kleine2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Sep 15, 2013
Hello All,

Does anyone have any suggestions for a specific web agency or individual to design a service business website? There's a million different options out there and I don't know the right questions to ask or what to look for. I've spent hours reading and learning on this site as well as others, but I'd like to get the ball rolling sooner than later. I also run a couple of other businesses that take much of my time. Thanks for any input!
What I do in this situation is I go onto upwork and create a small design job for one page of the site, then hire 3 designers to design that one page. See which one is the best to work with and that produces the best result and then hire them to design the whole site. Design is also a matter of personal taste, so you look for designers that have portfolios that you like and look good to you.

REIguy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 3, 2020
Maryland
What I do in this situation is I go onto upwork and create a small design job for one page of the site, then hire 3 designers to design that one page. See which one is the best to work with and that produces the best result and then hire them to design the whole site. Design is also a matter of personal taste, so you look for designers that have portfolios that you like and look good to you.
Great idea, thank you!

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hello All,

Have you tried: WordPress Themes & Website Templates from ThemeForest
It has alot of variaty and most themes are cheap.

Fid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 26, 2017
Wroclaw, Poland
There's a million different options out there and I don't know the right questions to ask or what to look for.

Look for a person who asks questions and listens to you instead of convincing you they're the best. Look for someone to be your guide, not an order taker you'll need to manage.

Building a website is a process that gives the best results when you have a specific goal in mind. Look for someone who understands that and talks about your business, not about the design or code.

What industry do you work in? What makes you want to invest in a website? Can you do without it?

virginiaj.yates

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 14, 2019
Hello All,

Hi, I am fairly new to the forums but I happen to work at a web design agency and they offer free consultation to the business owners and provide them with ample solutions (they are one of the several website designers in New York). However, I would only say that there are agencies that dont even bother responding to jobs that are less than $5K (and few have minimum project value of $10K) because for them it is not profitable or you could say they dont want to invest their time in anything less than that. Now, there are agencies that offer services for projects that are lesser than those amounts but they are fast about designing a website and above all want to cash in their time quickly so that the project doesnt end up hurting their profit. If you want to avoid the risk of getting scammed out of your money then you should get on board with an agency and if you are thinking of hiring a freelancer then make sure you go through their profile and their profile has enough reviews to say that they are good at what they do.

P.s. Before getting on board with any agency, do check if they are listed on clutch.co, goodfirms, 99firms, etc.

Hope the above is helpful. :smile2:

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Thanks, I've found a couple sites I think would be ideal. Can someone with no wordpress experience and little technical knowledge get a wordpress site up, running and make the appropriate changes?
Sure.
You can learn, no?
Udemy has some great courses on wordpress that can get you started.

Milos

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jul 11, 2017
Serbia
Thanks, I've found a couple sites I think would be ideal. Can someone with no wordpress experience and little technical knowledge get a wordpress site up, running and make the appropriate changes?
If you need a website built, I can help you with that. If it's not something too demanding I'll do it for free, and you can donate to me if you are happy with how it turned out. Send me a pm if you are interested.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.