The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

To Partner up or to give up

flamewielder

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 20, 2019
Santa Barbara
Hello Everyone,

Looking for general advice, recommendations, and possibly connections.

I started an Archery Tag/Combat Archery company to host private and public events.
It's played in a similar manner to airsoft or paintball except with bows and foam tipped arrows.

The business didn't get anywhere as I had a partner drop out and I got very busy with my tax preparation work/business.

I'm currently in So Cal with equipment for 40 people but am unsure as to whether I should find a partner to take over the operations, try to sell the equipment to another entrepreneur (I would probably get half price) or try to piecemeal everything off.

I have two potential employees and some framework but I don't have the capacity for full management.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
For private events we were trying to work with local colleges. Would like to have gone for corporate events as well.
Main audience was 15-26 year olds.
I like it. Where do you usually set these games up at? How much expense/revenue per event?

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
How large was your initial investment and how much more would it take to get things running?

It’s possible that you could find someone as a manager that will partner with you and do most of the work if the person is passionate about it and the deal makes sense (depending on how much you’ve invested).

It definitely sounds like a fun business to me.

Edit: I would also host a few events with a rented space to see how everything clicks before moving forward. Shouldn’t be too difficult since you’ve already got the equipment.

flamewielder

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 20, 2019
Santa Barbara
How large was your initial investment and how much more would it take to get things running?

It’s possible that you could find someone as a manager that will partner with you and do most of the work if the person is passionate about it and the deal makes sense (depending on how much you’ve invested).

It definitely sounds like a fun business to me.

Edit: I would also host a few events with a rented space to see how everything clicks before moving forward. Shouldn’t be too difficult since you’ve already got the equipment.
Initial investment wasn't bad, under 10k.
Its whether or not I should try to get this going again or just sell or my stuff.
Tons of fun and I hosted a few events but couldn't put time aside regularly.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I normally had to find a field or rent one. I was trying to get going so I charged $25 a head while market rate is $35-45.
Ok cool. Here’s what I would do...

Find local churches/schools and offer to host a give back day using their facilities. Offer them 15% of the sales back to the church/school as a donation. They can even market the event as well.

Hit up some local food truck/vendors to join in on the deal and market for you as well.

Live music, other games, etc...

I’m sure many of these places would love to make it a regular event.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.