The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Time to change

Citizensoldier

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 7, 2018
Cincinnati
I am a mid-40s professional in the field of IT consulting and coaching. I have spent the last 7 years working for very large clients via a small consulting company where I have worked as part of operational leadership. Recently the founders of the firm have cashed out by converting the company to an ESOP. While potentially beneficial for those employees that are satisfied with their yearly compensation and retirement benefits, this effectively ended my plan of being directly involved in the equity position of the company as we grow it over the next 5 years.

This event and a subsequent discussion with a long-time friend who had recently read Unscripted , led me to read it as well. I have begun to examine many of my own assumptions, beliefs, actions, and decisions over the past decade.

I am here to start my journey towards the unscripted life.

I invite any and all to hold me accountable to this decision and the courage, tenacity, execution, and perseverance required to get there.

Thanks.

Jack

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Citizensoldier

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 7, 2018
Cincinnati
I realize this forum is about action, so I risk some criticism for this post.

I just can't seem to get past the feeling of needing to confess my total belief in the script up to this point in my life. I have always had that nagging desire to be a business owner (first attempt in my early 20s), but I was the business card and stationary first kind of guy. If the internet was around, I am sure I would have started with a wordpress site. Oh wait! I have done that too. Sigh

Admittedly, I am stuck in the "work in your passion area" and "I can't find an idea" cycle. I am too comfortable with my statistically high income working for organizations that I don't respect because no one takes ownership of decisions.

Anyway, I could go on, but I don't think it will do anything but feed my not-so-subtly disguised pity party.

Time to set a direction and act.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.