The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This Will Revolutionize Education

sthubbar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 19, 2015
Do you prefer, or attribute much of your success to live teacher based training. This can be remote live. This is best expressed by this Veritasium video:

This Will Revolutionize Education

The premise of the video is that each new communication technology: telegraph, radio, movie, TV and the Internet has promised to revolutionize education and replace under qualified teachers with global subject matter experts. Live instruction each time could say "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."

Do you attribute a significant portion of your success to live teach instruction versus independent reading, listening or watching content.

I will follow up in the next post with my experience.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

sthubbar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 19, 2015
Here are three examples that might help clarify the point. For each of these, the live teacher portion only contributed ~20% towards success and the rest came from independent work. The catch is that without that 20%, the other 80% would not have happened.

CCIE

This is a high level computer certification, sometimes referred to as a networking Phd. Despite spending thousands of hours using computers for 30 years, it wasn't until I took live instructor lead classes that I was able to catapult from a casual home user to the top of the crowd in less than 5 years.

Business Ownership

I have always thought/dreamed/wished for owning a business and it wasn't until I stumbled upon a 3 month instructor led course that I ended up owning a business

Foreign language acquisition

Despite having visited China in 1988 and being interested in learning the language. It wasn't until 35 years later that I took instructor lead classes and succeeded.

In each of these cases, the quality of the instructor lead class was less important, than the structure of keeping me on course and interacting with other students. The vast majority of the success in each case was clearly do to massive work done outside the classroom, it is just that the classroom was critical to maintaining the outside efforts.

Am I the only one?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.