The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

This Will Revolutionize Education

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

sthubbar

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 19, 2015
42
30
62
52
Do you prefer, or attribute much of your success to live teacher based training. This can be remote live. This is best expressed by this Veritasium video:

This Will Revolutionize Education

The premise of the video is that each new communication technology: telegraph, radio, movie, TV and the Internet has promised to revolutionize education and replace under qualified teachers with global subject matter experts. Live instruction each time could say "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."

Do you attribute a significant portion of your success to live teach instruction versus independent reading, listening or watching content.

I will follow up in the next post with my experience.
 

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

sthubbar

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 19, 2015
42
30
62
52
Here are three examples that might help clarify the point. For each of these, the live teacher portion only contributed ~20% towards success and the rest came from independent work. The catch is that without that 20%, the other 80% would not have happened.

CCIE

This is a high level computer certification, sometimes referred to as a networking Phd. Despite spending thousands of hours using computers for 30 years, it wasn't until I took live instructor lead classes that I was able to catapult from a casual home user to the top of the crowd in less than 5 years.

Business Ownership

I have always thought/dreamed/wished for owning a business and it wasn't until I stumbled upon a 3 month instructor led course that I ended up owning a business

Foreign language acquisition

Despite having visited China in 1988 and being interested in learning the language. It wasn't until 35 years later that I took instructor lead classes and succeeded.

In each of these cases, the quality of the instructor lead class was less important, than the structure of keeping me on course and interacting with other students. The vast majority of the success in each case was clearly do to massive work done outside the classroom, it is just that the classroom was critical to maintaining the outside efforts.

Am I the only one?
 

Sponsored Offers

  • Sticky
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
That is legal information depending on the country you live in. But I think in most countries...
  • Sticky
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...
  • Sticky
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Hi Andreas, It is per month, with the first month being half. This is a great question, I...
  • Sticky
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hi Lex, I looked at several options including Kajabi and settled on the Divi theme on Wordpress...
  • Sticky
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
  • Sticky
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
The story is BASED UPON a true story. The details aren't entirely accurate or from a distinct...



Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom