The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Next Big Value Skew: "Made In USA"

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
One of the silver linings of this pandemic/economic blowup is that finally, we are shining a light on the weaknesses of globalism. Having to rely on other countries for cheap labor and imports has made us vulnerable during a time of crisis like we've just seen.

Because of this, I believe that having your products made in the USA (for American citizens of course) will become a big selling point for American brands going forward. We're going to see a "renaissance" for goods made by the US people, for the US people.

It's not just the US. Other countries will start adopting a "let's take care of our own first" philosophy.

Just as "Non-GMO" or "100% Organic" have become selling points, so will products made at home.

Of course this depends on your target market, and whether or not they care about the label.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
I feel like these labels are more important in export than in your home country, or at least that's the case for "Made in Italy", where it's a very strong value proposition...but not in Italy. Or rather, it is still valued, don't get me wrong, but definitely not as much as outside.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
I've been selling Made in USA products for a while now. I'd say that it depends on the audience and what product you sell: a made in US yoga mat is not gonna have the effect of a hammer drill.

Yet I still don't see the production of iPhones go to USA to be honest.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I feel like these labels are more important in export than in your home country, or at least that's the case for "Made in Italy", where it's a very strong value proposition...but not in Italy. Or rather, it is still valued, don't get me wrong, but definitely not as much as outside.
I can see that for some products. Especially food.

I've been selling Made in USA products for a while now. I'd say that it depends on the audience and what product you sell: a made in US yoga mat is not gonna have the effect of a hammer drill.

Yet I still don't see the production of iPhones go to USA to be honest.
Interesting article found comparing US production costs to China: Made in the USA: Is It Cheaper Than Previously Thought?

And this was way back in 2015. I imagine the gap has closed even more since.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.