The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The best is yet to come

Christygruber124

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jul 16, 2020
PA
As I pondered on a title for my intro, those words from a song popped into my head. Truly, the best is yet to come. That's why we invest in ourselves and each day we become a little better than we were the day before.

My name is Christy Gruber. I am currently reading "The Millionaire Fastlane ". Holy cow, I am overwhelmed. MJ really delivers in his book and doesn't sugar coat. Some of my biggest take away is education, education education. I don't know how is an excuse. There is so no reason why we can't learn whatever we wish to learn. The saying is knowledge is power. However, I say the application of power is knowledge. This leads into another excuse that Peter Vogd always warns about. "I already know that." We might know something, but are we applying that knowledge?

I will turn 39 in December. I greatly desire financial freedom more than almost anything save two things which is marriage and living with God again in heaven. I want to be free from the government. As nice as it is that the government gives me money for being disabled, I believe that it does me and many others a great disservice. For one thing, I am about to lose it because they think I"m no longer blind, or that my disabilities somehow miraculously went away. Which is fine with me because I want to not be dependant on my family or the government for help. One of my greatest fears is being in my 60s and living with my parents or my siblings in their basement.

I have Charge Syndrome, a rare genetic disorder. I am mostly blind, (enough that I can't drive on a road. Now a 4-wheeler that's a different story.), mostly deaf. I got a cochlear implant a year ago which enables me to hear so much better than I did even a year ago. This makes it difficult for me to do many things such as being in team meetings, or with a group of people. It's eaiser for me to isolate than try to hear and understand what's being said. I hate retail which is where I am at now.

I struggled with school for a long time because I didn't know what I truly wanted. I knew I wanted to be an entrepreneur and investor but I didn't know how to start a business, how to manage my finances. Recently, I went crazy with paypal credit because of their 6 months of no interest if paid in full. Finally, I had enough and wiped out that debt. Thankfully I had the savings to do it.

While I got my bachelor degree, I still feel sunk with so many niches and ideas in my head. I don't even know where to begin. I decided to go back to my roots which is to learn programming. When I was in High School, I enjoyed programming. I think it was something I could've been good at if I hadn't have let fear get in the way. This was back in 2000. I'm going to start learning to program in Python in the hopes that it will lead me to starting some type of business. (I'm using Udemy for the courses). I also want to do several different YouTube channels so I had invested in several of Sean CAnnell's courses such as video ranking academy etc. Though except for Python, (I only brought the courses the other day), I have yet to complete any of Sean's courses, or Peter Vogd's courses which is a shame because they all have great value, and they all have something to help me move towards my goals.

Folks, I am tired of letting my disabilities dictate what I can or can't do. I'm tired of others deciding what I can or can't do because of said disabilities. I know that I will never be promoted at Walmart because I can't see or hear well enough to move faster or quicker. I want to make an impact on this world and deep down, I know I do. I just, need help steering my car in the right direction.

I"m looking forward to interacting with each of you, learning from each other and building and helping each other up.

@MJ DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hola Christy... sounds like you got a great grasp of things. The beauty of business is this: If you have what someone wants, they don't care about your disability, age, race, gender, location, etc.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...