The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thanks for having me.

Jakelow

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Feb 23, 2021
So,
I joined the forum on the 23rd of Feb and have been looking around and seeing how it all work ( I am pretty average on computers)
This morning I finished unscripted , I have listened to both books within 2 weeks of finding the millionaire Fastlane , they are both fantastic.

I feel blessed to have come across the Millionaire Fastlane . Put simply it has validated everything that I instinctively know and have been working towards. I have always felt really uncomfortable answering to a boss and to someone else's dream.
I am currently an executive chef for an independent restaurant/café group in London.

I have never been in a forum. Not really sure how in-depth this intro should or shouldn't be or what is deemed relevant content, I'm just going to lay it out.

I've spent the last 2.5 years since my son was born on a total life overhaul. I have overcome many hurdles in this 2.5 years I was a serious drug addict, daily drinker, smoker, blamer, can kicker, suicidal mess and all round energy sucking sack of shit. somehow I always managed to put a mask on for work purposes and hold down and even excel at my job. Who bore the brunt of my mess of a life? My partner of Corse.
To say the changes have been easy would be a lie but have they been worth it? Words cannot describe how much.
In the back of my mind I knew that if I couldn't get the "business" of me right how can I ever expect to get any external business right.
I previously owned a street food business so I knew this was a stone cold fact.
The business sporadically stuttered along for 3 years with periods of ok income and periods where I would have to go back to work myself. I also started this business with my best mate who has the exact same skillset as myself and liked to do all the same rubbish that I did. I realise now it was not even close to an actual business! Do I regret it? Absolutely not there was a lot learnt.

Where am I now?
I have just turned 31 and am just about to drop a lot of money (for me) 75% of which is loans into my first bricks and mortar café in London. I have had offers of investment which would make it initially easier and less risky but I can just see 1 year down the line regret and resentment. I am entering a saturated market so my one option is to be without question the best. I have worked every job on the way up and know this industry well. I am extremely consistent and through in my approach, Although I really am not fully sure on the concept yet which I'm hoping is a good thing as I am not to precious to pivot to market needs quickly.

I have only just scratched the surface with regards to the content on this forum and I am very excited to get involved, so thanks for having me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Aren't you concerned about opening a cafe with how the powers-at-be handled Covid? Closing everything? Minimum capacities?

Welcome to the forum, appreciate the intro!

Jakelow

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Feb 23, 2021
Aren't you concerned about opening a cafe with how the powers-at-be handled Covid? Closing everything? Minimum capacities?

Welcome to the forum, appreciate the intro!
Hi MJ thanks,
I would be lying if I didn't have some worries. I have held off on signing the lease for a year because of Covid.
In the UK it now feels like there is a tangible road map to reopening. Although not a sure thing by any means.
What has been interesting is the cafes ability to weather the storm and even profit in this period. Mainly because they are daytime and people are bored and go for a walk, grab a coffee and maybe some grab and go food a few times a week, coupled with much lower staff costs as a takeaway model. Also 3rd party apps although they charge a high commission If you have a smart offering focused on low labour and simple quality can help bolster a weak daytime trade.
I have about 10 plan b's for revenue streams if I don't hit the ground running initially!

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the forum, you're a braver man than I that's for sure. I wouldn't touch B&M with a 10 foot pole these days.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...