The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

taking commission for forwarding clients

Malcolm_X

Contributor
Nov 6, 2015
Germany
Hey,

just wanted to get some input from you most experienced guys, since I've never done this myself before..

Recently I've forwarded a bigger project from my old client to a friend of mine (who does what the client needs).. we agreed on a 20% commission for me from whatever the total profit for him ends up to be.

Now my question is:
What is the best way to do this ?

If I connect my client with this guy, I will be completely left out of the equation and he's free to do whatever he wants basically..

If I stay in as the 'middle-man' it will most likely be inconvenient for both the client and him as well.. and for me as well tbh.

The ideal way that I could think of would be to sign some kind of contract between me and my friend that explicitly states that I'll get those 20% from the final invoice and let's say 10% from any subsequent business they do.

But then again, I have very little actual control.

I am sure recommending business to others on a commission basis is a common practice..

Any tips on how to accomplish this in a way that everybody is happy and I am 100% covered / safe ?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom