The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SubZero - cold showering appreciated

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

SubZero

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 26, 2016
Hey everybody!

While I was starting to write this thread I got interrupted and asked to write an introduction, here it is: Introduction - Hey everybody! SubZero

So now for the progress thread.

Goals of this thread:

- Write at least every two days what I've done with my time, so you and I can follow that. It's a tool for me to look back and see what I did right/wrong and for you to know what I do and to give feedback/roast me if you want to. I actually would really appreciate it, I know I've got a lot to learn.

- Being held accountable for my actions

- In some years, I hope that I learned a lot, provided a lot of value and wrote enough of my story to be useful for new starters

What is my starting point:

- I study mathematics, failed to pass some tests and have theoretically 2 years left to study
- it's taking up a lot of my daily time, especially in my free time
- zero net worth (actually -350€ at the moment, though I'm jobbing to get out of debt -> Lesson learned here:"Debt forces you to work.")
- Read "The millionaire Fastlane " and "Unscripted "

Finances per month at the moment(02.09.2017):

Expenditures:
-288€ for rent
- 20€ gym
- 20€ internet
- 100€ food
- 30 different extra expenses
= - 458€

Income:
480€ Help from my mom + state
502€ (in september) Job (teaching young people english and math)

Where do I want to be? Goals:

- Provide enough value for: 10-20M Net worth (everything in between there is great) before I'm 30 years old (9years time)
- don't neglect my health too much while working on this, good health is priceless

Plans for the near future to get to that goal: (I'll write when I achieved them/when I failed, if I don't write here, you know I failed)

- Save money to have 800-1500 €, so I am "safe" on the money side for a while and have enough money to move into a cheaper apartment next year, can't move out earlier because of promises to my best friends, which is okay though, I'd save around 50-100€ per month in the new flat and would have to wait half a year to move in.
Deadline: 15.Oct.2017

- Pass my tests in Analysis 2 and Linear Algebra 2 (this isn't exactly fastlane, but it'll teach me to get a good execution at learning and time management, and at this moment I don't have enough ideas/execution going on to quit my studies with a good conscience)
Deadline: 20.Oct.2017

- create a great udemy course for "Linear Algebra 1+2" in german and english
Deadline: 15.Nov.2017

- Get Premium Access to this forum for one year (cost: 120$)
Reason: Learn from seasoned entrepreneurs about execution, maybe I'll find a fastlane idea in the subforum

Deadline: 15.Sept.2017

Problems so far:
- a lot of time being allocated to study math
- no fastlane idea to put my time into -> Udemy course creation to learn how to provide real value and create a linear algebra course which is intuitive and easy to follow through without having to look at a F*cking paint programm

This is it for now, please tell me which things you would do differently, if you have any tips or if I'm doing something seriously wrong or if I'm doing something right, feedback will help a lot and is appreciated:)

Until tomorrow.

Cheers, SubZero

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
- Get Premium Access to this forum for one year (cost: 120$)
Reason: Learn from seasoned entrepreneurs about execution, maybe I'll find a fastlane idea in the subforum

You will: we literally have a subforum for people to post their ideas. One catch though: to run with it, you have to pay the OP to use the idea. (Usually like $200; I believe a few businesses have been started from the INE subforum)

That's not the real value of the INSIDERS, though. The real value is twofold: the progress threads where you see REAL SUCCESS (we have some of those on the Outside too, but the INSIDERS go way more in depth with everything. There are also some progress threads that have been updated for 6+ years!). Not only that, you could post a progress thread, go in depth on your hustle (although be sure to leave out enough so people don't copy you; but you'll never get hits from Google if you post in there!), and get input from seasoned users of the forum.

There are also explanations of business models and how they work.

IT's excellent, I highly recommend.

SubZero

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 26, 2016
Okay, I'm back.

So I'll follow Jon.a's advice and just post updates every week.
A quick note from today, subscribed to the one year premium membership and immediately learned two new things which will provide real value to my journey, if you read this and think about subscribing, it's worth it.

Aside from that, the one thing I'll focus on now is, aside from learning maths, finding needs and problems. I figure this is the first step at becoming a great entrepreneur, to become a great need/problem finder and solver.
To do this, I do two things, I'll write a lot(starting with 20 per day going up to 100, don't really know how to do it yet, so I start small, if I have to write them by hand) of cold e-mails to people in different businesses, asking them which problem they need solved the most. The second thing I plan to do is putting my saved money in the Fox Webdesign Course to learn how to sell and solve real problems for customers via websites while learning about their industries, about their problems and making money on the side.

Thank you jon.a and The-j for giving me tips and feedback;)

Until next week and as always, feedback is appreciated.:)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.