The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Starting an IT consultancy and cybersecurity company

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

AdrianB

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 24, 2018
Romania
Hi guys,
I've just opened an LLC offering IT consultancy and cyber-security services.
However I need first to establish the branding - name, logo of the company.
The services I would like to offer are divided into two main topics: IT consultancy and support: servers administration: installation, configuration, maintenance, remote-support. I can help SMB to design the network infrastructure and have all the devices properly setup and configured and Cyber-Security: managed to become a Rapid7 partner so we can offer solutions for corporate companies.
My struggle is that cold calls and emails to the bigger companies are not working. I need first a well-designed website and a strong brand before moving forward selling my services.
What do you think? How can I start? I am currently looking for offers on the branding, but would like to find out some insights on how to proceed on selling my services.
I strongly believe my 10 years experience in IT field: servers and cybersecurity will help me to deliver the best services, but this is not enough on pursuing clients. Small companies are not keen on investing in cyber-security locally, so I feel that I need to go forward for large companies where is not that easy to get a contract.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sandy Dives

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 8, 2020
Norway
Hi guys,
I've just opened an LLC offering IT consultancy and cyber-security services.
However I need first to establish the branding - name, logo of the company.
The services I would like to offer are divided into two main topics: IT consultancy and support: servers administration: installation, configuration, maintenance, remote-support. I can help SMB to design the network infrastructure and have all the devices properly setup and configured and Cyber-Security: managed to become a Rapid7 partner so we can offer solutions for corporate companies.
My struggle is that cold calls and emails to the bigger companies are not working. I need first a well-designed website and a strong brand before moving forward selling my services.
What do you think? How can I start? I am currently looking for offers on the branding, but would like to find out some insights on how to proceed on selling my services.
I strongly believe my 10 years experience in IT field: servers and cybersecurity will help me to deliver the best services, but this is not enough on pursuing clients. Small companies are not keen on investing in cyber-security locally, so I feel that I need to go forward for large companies where is not that easy to get a contract.
I don't think you need a well designed website first. I would focus on getting the first customer first, you can just brush of the website as work in progress temporarily due to large volumes in customers.

Focus on your selling, cold call, read some cold calling material. I think for bigger companies you need to reach the CEO or someone high up directly.

Selling and marketing is key when starting a business. So I would completely focus on the selling point first. If you have a great website but no selling skills = no customers. You have great selling skills and shitty website = customers.

Putt

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 1, 2020
Small to mid sized businesses. MSS (Managed Security Solutions). Build a productocracy. Most corporate contracts in the industry often work on consultancy based pay. Get yourself some white label software (antivirus, remote monitoring, whatever else people need) and offer to take care of 'everything' to do with a business' 25 computers for a flat monthly fee.

Odysseus M Jones

1046, 1569, 2092, 3138...
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Feb 2, 2020
50.4555° N, 4.4647° W
My struggle is that cold calls and emails to the bigger companies are not working.
Small companies are not keen on investing in cyber-security locally
A friendly hacking might get them interested

OP
OP
AdrianB

AdrianB

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 24, 2018
Romania
Ok, thank you guys. I'll keep you posted.
If someone is interested in a partnership I am opened to discussions. I am member of BNI group and I know the connections are very important in our businesses and also in our life.
Cheers!

astr0

Grinding
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 3, 2017
Lviv, Ukraine
Ask for referrals from your personal network first. With 10 years of experience in IT fields, you should have many connections that might be interested in your services or refer you to their friends.

You don't need a website for selling to them. They would trust their friends more than your website and as @Sandy Dives wrote you can say that you don't have time for a website now.

Having a decent website is good when you're cold calling/emailing or relying on marketing. Those cold prospects often won't have a more trusted source of information about you than your own website. A crappy website could scare them away as it's expected for a business to have a website in 2020.

P. S. We landed 3 projects and grew a bit without a website for 6 months.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Hi guys, I repost here my old review with a small update : Feb 2020 : Hi guys, Just wanted...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock