The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

so i found the goals i wrote down a year ago...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

fmpgetnrich

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 25, 2017
Berlin
...and it turns out i'll be making 1.000€ (make that $1150) this september.

first goal: lose virginity by end of summer '16 - did it by may

second goal: make 1k a month beeing selfemployed by age 23 - im turning 23 on october 5th. i am not making 1k a month. yet.

so before i start this progress thread a few words about me:

been lurking for a few months and just created an account for this post. looking forward to tons of value to give and receive.

23 years old, male, studying engineering in berlin, germany (anyone here from berlin?)
wanted to be an entrepeneur since i was 16/17 but have always been to afraid to start anything.

this changed around march of this year when i choose to turn an idea of mine into reality by learning to write code and programm my own app.

mindgrowth launched yesterday for ios. feel free to check it out, i'd love some feedback.

this app is completely free and im allready planing the first update. so no monetarisation through this project yet. but maybe in the future, lets see how it sells.

pretty much when i got done with the biggest part of creating the app i found this sheet of paper from spring '16 that had some goals written on to it.

i made some money (over 1k/month) from freelancing this summer but that aint counting.
i got vacation from uni until mid october. so ill make this time count.

so i spend the last week thinking about how i could make 1k in one month (dropshipping, affiliate, coldcalling, etc.) and while taking a piss i looked up and saw the ceiling light of the toilet i was in.

lets build an online store specifying on selling cozy, relaxing, warm lights, really anything that increases cozyness.

action taken so far:

- registeres the domain cozylights.de (cost: 16€/$20 a year. wanted to go for cozylights.com but that domain was $1.500)
- been looking into dropshipping vs. reselling and decided i want to do reselling for the following reasons:
-bigger margins
-i feel more in control
-i am slightly overwhelmed by how you start a dropshipping business​
- spend today on finding wholesale businesses selling the kind od bulbs and lamps i want to sell. this took around 7 hours and was a pain in the a$$. two possibilities:
-by though alibaba for cheap prices but wait 20-30 days for products to be delivered
-by from german companies, pay double, delivery in 2-5 days.​
i choose the latter since delivery by end of september is simply not possible right now
- i ordered 8 different bulbs (2 each), sockets(5) and rope/cable(20m) for 170€ (make that $190). i feel weird and dont really now if that was the best idea but whatever. loosing 170€ doesnt hurt that much. i will sell some of it somehow.

action planned for this weekend:

since i need to wait for product to arrive to take nice pictures ill spend the time with:

- building the onlinestore as far as possible. havent yet decided to got with wordpress + woocommerce (i worked with both before, so i know that stuff) or to go with shopify (web-adress leads to shopify atm. but that can change)
- learn basics about facebook advertising and prepare everything to start ads as soon as procuts can be shipped

action planned for monday until products arrive:

- learn more basics about light, bulbs and all that stuff
- but that knowledge into articles for the website
- google for more sellers and other ways to get cheap products
- in case i decide to go with wordpress: learn basic seo stuff and start working on that.

questions for you guys:

- wordpress + woocommerce or shopify for this project? anybody got experience?

have a great weekend, keep hustling, ill keep you all posted.

great to be here and thank you for any feedback/critique/help/comment

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Can I ask what it matters to any of us that you lost your virginity? That's got nothing to do with what this forum is about, and it didn't positively contribute to your post.

Anyways good job on taking action. Keep setting goals for yourself and keep knocking them down.

BlindSide

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Mar 16, 2017
Los Angeles
Your MAIN goal was to lose your virginity?

You gotta be kidding me man. That's the second post I've seen today about someone mentioning sex..

Kudos to you! I guess since you hit your main goal, this progress thread is complete! Gold in the making?

My advice: Just go ahead and erase that part of your post, and make this an ACTUAL progress thread about BUILDING A BUSINESS.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Your MAIN goal was to lose your virginity?

You gotta be kidding me man. That's the second post I've seen today about someone mentioning sex..

A lot of men come here as insecure people.

There's good reason to believe that getting laid and getting paid are linked pretty closely in the ego's desires.

Good job OP. Keep going.

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
...and it turns out i'll be making 1.000€ (make that $1150) this september.

first goal: lose virginity by end of summer '16 - did it by may

second goal: make 1k a month beeing selfemployed by age 23 - im turning 23 on october 5th. i am not making 1k a month. yet.

so before i start this progress thread a few words about me:

been lurking for a few months and just created an account for this post. looking forward to tons of value to give and receive.

23 years old, male, studying engineering in berlin, germany (anyone here from berlin?)
wanted to be an entrepeneur since i was 16/17 but have always been to afraid to start anything.

this changed around march of this year when i choose to turn an idea of mine into reality by learning to write code and programm my own app.

mindgrowth launched yesterday for ios. feel free to check it out, i'd love some feedback.

this app is completely free and im allready planing the first update. so no monetarisation through this project yet. but maybe in the future, lets see how it sells.

pretty much when i got done with the biggest part of creating the app i found this sheet of paper from spring '16 that had some goals written on to it.

i made some money (over 1k/month) from freelancing this summer but that aint counting.
i got vacation from uni until mid october. so ill make this time count.

so i spend the last week thinking about how i could make 1k in one month (dropshipping, affiliate, coldcalling, etc.) and while taking a piss i looked up and saw the ceiling light of the toilet i was in.

lets build an online store specifying on selling cozy, relaxing, warm lights, really anything that increases cozyness.

action taken so far:

- registeres the domain cozylights.de (cost: 16€/$20 a year. wanted to go for cozylights.com but that domain was $1.500)
- been looking into dropshipping vs. reselling and decided i want to do reselling for the following reasons:
-bigger margins
-i feel more in control
-i am slightly overwhelmed by how you start a dropshipping business​
- spend today on finding wholesale businesses selling the kind od bulbs and lamps i want to sell. this took around 7 hours and was a pain in the a$$. two possibilities:
-by though alibaba for cheap prices but wait 20-30 days for products to be delivered
-by from german companies, pay double, delivery in 2-5 days.​
i choose the latter since delivery by end of september is simply not possible right now
- i ordered 8 different bulbs (2 each), sockets(5) and rope/cable(20m) for 170€ (make that $190). i feel weird and dont really now if that was the best idea but whatever. loosing 170€ doesnt hurt that much. i will sell some of it somehow.

action planned for this weekend:

since i need to wait for product to arrive to take nice pictures ill spend the time with:

- building the onlinestore as far as possible. havent yet decided to got with wordpress + woocommerce (i worked with both before, so i know that stuff) or to go with shopify (web-adress leads to shopify atm. but that can change)
- learn basics about facebook advertising and prepare everything to start ads as soon as procuts can be shipped

action planned for monday until products arrive:

- learn more basics about light, bulbs and all that stuff
- but that knowledge into articles for the website
- google for more sellers and other ways to get cheap products
- in case i decide to go with wordpress: learn basic seo stuff and start working on that.

questions for you guys:

- wordpress + woocommerce or shopify for this project? anybody got experience?

have a great weekend, keep hustling, ill keep you all posted.

great to be here and thank you for any feedback/critique/help/comment
Congrats on losing your V card.

I used Wordpress & Woocommerce a lot in the past. I like it.

If I may comment on your situation as a whole, I'd say that the biggest flaw in your approach is to focus on goals instead of focusing on actions that will inherently lead to the desired results. You have no control over the fact that you are not making 1000$ monthly, but you have absolute control over the measures you can take that will get you there.

For example;

Goal: Losing my virginity
Method A: Setting up a vision board and reminding myself daily of my goal while hoping that my brain engineers a solution by itself.

Method B: Reverse engineering how most people end up having sex and model what they do;
  • Act Alpha
    • Posture
    • Behavior
    • Language
    • Nonverbal
    • Attitude
  • Buy attire that females react well to
  • Get a haircut
  • Attend social events with female presence
  • Engage with the said ladies
  • Follow up on the relationships your created out of thin air
  • Ask them out
  • Buy condoms
  • Dim the lights
  • Learn what cocktails or wines they love
  • Ask your roommate to come early so you have to finish that movie in your bedroom
I'll let you guess the outcome.

Basically, I think you're on the right track with your list of past and future actions, but keep in mind that the achievement of a goal is just a result, not something you can "do"!

BlindSide

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Mar 16, 2017
Los Angeles
hey guys thank you all for the responses.

about the virgintiy thing, honestly wasnt ment to boost my ego, but rather give this post a little easyness. if more guys complain i can delete it no problem.

thanks again. really appreciate so many responses!

Nope, I just misread it then.

Good job on the progress, hope to see more!

J_Cup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jun 14, 2017
Poland
Good job!
hey guys thank you all for the responses.

about the virgintiy thing, honestly wasnt ment to boost my ego, but rather give this post a little easyness. if more guys complain i can delete it no problem.

thanks again. really appreciate so many responses!
Today we read about a guy who bragged about wasted few years on chasing girls. Maybe that's why guys wrote about it. It's not bad to lose it but I believe that in the end, every other action that you took is more valuable.

Are you into Android?

fmpgetnrich

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 25, 2017
Berlin
update.

@Fred Chevry thank you very very much for taking the time to respond in such detail.

action taken since last post:

had less time than planned, girldfriend came over way earlier then expected, my mistake. doesnt matter.

- i did decide on wordpress + woocommerce
- took me a little while to get back into wordpress
- started building the site
- installed woocommerce, played around a little
- logo done. pretty happy so far
- got my camera up and running again​
- thought about what @Fred Chevry wrote and started to reverse engineer this project to a certain extend. will invest some time into that tomorrow and post it when i am happy with it.

action planned for tomorrow, monday:

- continue working on the site, so that:
- the sale can begin as soon as products arrive (i want this to happen this week!, big factor is deliverytime, which is not in my control and could end up beeing saturday)
- payment methods work smoothly: paypal, creditcard, debit​
- prepare ads

@J_Cup no i only looked into ios programming (swift). are you though?

my app reached 19 downloads last night which felt really good!

if anyone wants to see progress or give feedback (highly appreciated!!!!): cozylights.de

thanks again, enjoy your sunday evening. ill go for walk now to prepare the week, come down and be in bed early

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.