The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Shepard here...

ShepardHumphries

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 5, 2020
Hi all, my wife and I just finished listening to Unscripted , what a great book! As a Voluntaryist and an entrepreneur with non-conventional leanings, the book was a breath of fresh air. We started listening to it on a road trip as we left Fountain Hills AZ, where we had been staying at an employee's condo for a few weeks, it was fun to hear that MJ lives there as well!

I am middle-aged, a grandpa, my eldest daughter died of lung cancer in 2018, and now my wife Lynn is an end of life care advocate and lung cancer advisor. lynnsherwood.com

We have a successful business in Jackson Hole Wyoming ( shootinjh.com )and we are fortunate to travel for a few months each year as the crew running our business is so awesome we can step away. I try new stuff and fail as frequently as possible, I always learn something new. (My latest "failure" was a new product line called "teton impossible challenge." YouTube it, doesn't it look like fun? Nope! The market is speaking and she hates it, lol, which means I get to learn something new! :)

From website design to graphic design, video shooting, editing, audio recording, branding cattle, leatherwork, 10 years as a pig living on money stolen from real producers in patrol, crimes against children investigations, SWAT sniper team leader, bla bla bla, just published a book, and on and on. I don't focus enough and instead am like a shotgun, doing 20 things at a time all of the time. This is strange because I am kinda "the guy" for the opposite. My second book, coming out in about 2-4 months is longrangebook.com I should know better! lol

We have made millions, lost millions, rebuilt, learned, fallen and gotten back up. I hope that I can be of some use to ya'll, and I know I have a bunch to learn! A few of my latest ventures are getting started in my retirement job as a resort customer experience consultant, NomadRifleman.com (where we serve affluent clients helping them achieve 1-mile shots) and working to expand our Jackson Hole Experience Group. Thanks in advance for all that I will learn from ya'll! I am headed off to Anarchapulcho in a few days, and afterward, I hope to check in at least a time or two each month to snoop around for nuggets of great info. Let me know if I can ever help you with anything. More about me here: https://shootinjh.com/team/shepard-humphries/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/shepard-humphries-80b05314/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hi all, my wife and I just finished listening to Unscripted , what a great book! As a Voluntaryist and an entrepreneur with non-conventional leanings, the book was a breath of fresh air. We started listening to it on a road trip as we left Fountain Hills AZ, where we had been staying at an employee's condo for a few weeks, it was fun to hear that MJ lives there as well!

I am middle-aged, a grandpa, my eldest daughter died of lung cancer in 2018, and now my wife Lynn is an end of life care advocate and lung cancer advisor. lynnsherwood.com

We have a successful business in Jackson Hole Wyoming ( shootinjh.com )and we are fortunate to travel for a few months each year as the crew running our business is so awesome we can step away. I try new stuff and fail as frequently as possible, I always learn something new. (My latest "failure" was a new product line called "teton impossible challenge." YouTube it, doesn't it look like fun? Nope! The market is speaking and she hates it, lol, which means I get to learn something new! :)

From website design to graphic design, video shooting, editing, audio recording, branding cattle, leatherwork, 10 years as a pig living on money stolen from real producers in patrol, crimes against children investigations, SWAT sniper team leader, bla bla bla, just published a book, and on and on. I don't focus enough and instead am like a shotgun, doing 20 things at a time all of the time. This is strange because I am kinda "the guy" for the opposite. My second book, coming out in about 2-4 months is longrangebook.com I should know better! lol

We have made millions, lost millions, rebuilt, learned, fallen and gotten back up. I hope that I can be of some use to ya'll, and I know I have a bunch to learn! A few of my latest ventures are getting started in my retirement job as a resort customer experience consultant, NomadRifleman.com (where we serve affluent clients helping them achieve 1-mile shots) and working to expand our Jackson Hole Experience Group. Thanks in advance for all that I will learn from ya'll! I am headed off to Anarchapulcho in a few days, and afterward, I hope to check in at least a time or two each month to snoop around for nuggets of great info. Let me know if I can ever help you with anything. More about me here: Shepard Humphries

View attachment 30142
https://www.linkedin.com/in/shepard-humphries-80b05314/
Welcome!

Thanks for sharing your background.
Despite your ‘doing 20 things at a time’, you seem to have quite the interesting life tale!

A resort customer experience consultant?
First time I heard of such a position.

If I may ask...
Roughly speaking, in that role, what do you advise your clients on? How to position everything on a resort?

ShepardHumphries

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 5, 2020
Welcome!

Thanks for sharing your background.
Despite your ‘doing 20 things at a time’, you seem to have quite the interesting life tale!

A resort customer experience consultant?
First time I heard of such a position.

If I may ask...
Roughly speaking, in that role, what do you advise your clients on? How to position everything on a resort?

Good morning. Thanks for asking about the resort consultation business.

I asked myself, "Self, what are you way better than most folks at?" Customer service, business improvement & teaching.

My wife and I like nice 4+ star resorts in warm places. (Imagine that! lol) I asked myself, what could I do that wouldn't feel like work that I might be able to barter and thus be able to retire early? It dawned on me that having a guest stay in a resort and eat and drink does not cost a resort very many value vouchers, and my wife and I providing value in our areas of strength don't cost us many value vouchers, so... What if we could live in luxury for 14 days, ten or 20 times a year, and "work" while we are there?

So, I created a new position. It is definitely a Blue Ocean strategy, and it might fail like 90% of my ideas... I really hope it is one of the 10%-ers! :) Consultor de Resort - Shepard Humphries

My plan is to work for free getting "experience" as a customer service trainer, then in a few years I should be able to launch for real. My first gig worked out well for my local power company, and they bartered almost a year's worth of electricity. :) Customer Service Training with Shepard Humphries – Lower Valley Energy

I am headed to a convention in Acapulco on Sunday, and will bang on some doors and see if it works. It is really more of a long-term plan, I would not have time to get busy yet, but even if I got a job a year - not bad! Wish me "luck!" :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...