The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Road to Working on my Pyjamas

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

thegreenone90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 9, 2017
Europe
After a lot of time spend with mental mansturbation about entrepreneurship while working at a law firm, a couple of months ago I decided that enough is enough and started working on an e-commerce project with a friend of mine. We had to learn everything and decided to create the website ourselves to save some money, and we are about to be finished with that.

Currently unemployed , I'm working full-time at it. Finally taking it seriously, I can now clock 10-12 hours a day regularly instead of the odd 5-6, and the progress is noticeable.

I hadn't visited the forum for a while, but when I saw MJ's Unscripted on teh nightstand it came to mind. Hence, I decided to make this thread.

At the moment we're basically dealing with bureaucracy (to be completed on the start of next month) in order to open shop, but the plan is to have the store up and running on the first trimestre of the next year.

The Goal for 2018? Make at least 20.000€ after taxes.

"But wait... Isn't that a crappy amount to make? Shoot for a million at least dude..."

I know I know. It seems low, but the current goal is to make this (my first entrepriste) work. The goal is to be able to stay at home working on it full-time and make money while doing so. Plus, I live in a country way cheaper than the USA, so that amount is around what the average person there makes.

I feel like it would be naive to say I'll make a million dollars when I have made a total of 0$ by myself so far. Although, just to be clar, it doesn't mean that making that the goal amount would be anymore than the start of the journey (we plan on focusing only on the national market first -obviously way tinier than the USA-).

Will keep you updated! :clench:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

thegreenone90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 9, 2017
Europe
More than half a year passed from the last posting. Things are as follows:
  • I have, together with a friend, been working on an ecommerce website, which we'll launch in a week.
  • I got a job full-time (40+h/wk) in order to save money (social media advertising, accounting, maintenance costs,...). Commute is a b****, but all the free time I have has been and is dedicated to working on the business. I am currently back to living with my parents. Not great, but that way I can save more.
  • Luckily my business partner can work at it full-time, and he's been closing deals with providers. At this time, we'll be selling more than a 1000 products of 30+ brands.
  • I'm pumped up because the work from the last months finally is showing some results.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.