The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Really need your help: Why people don't invest and sature the market.

Anything related to matters of the mind

neyos

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Oct 6, 2021
Hey folks

I know this question may have been asked a lot in this forum. But I'm still stuck with that in my head and it prevent me to invest. I don't know if that's is fear or overthinking. But I really need your help on this one. Here is the think:

It feel like it is easy to invest. You can start anywhere, anytime. for example:
  • Real Estate: There are way to start here with very little money
  • laundromat
  • online website
  • Amazon FBA
  • and so much more
But without exact number, I fell like we have less than 20% of people who really invest. I was expecting the market to be saturated with all those options. But when I looks training coach, it looks like no. It looks like people don't want to be rich. And for me, a work alcoholic, that's strange.

And at the end, I feel like there is something that is not said. I want to have a small understanding of why ? Why people find so hard to open a business even when it is easy ( online store ) ? Why the market is not saturated ? All this question are somehow blocking me. When I have an idea, my question is sometimes, why someone else did not do that ?

Thanks
neyos.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
That list seems like you googled "Passive Income Ideas for Beginners" and clicked on the first result.

Read the books, dude.

neyos

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Oct 6, 2021
That list seems like you googled "Passive Income Ideas for Beginners" and clicked on the first result.

Read the books, dude.
I limit my list to side hustle because I wanted to take the most simplest examples possible. The ones that's are very easy and understand why people don't all go for it. Maybe that will help me understand the most complex use case.

Which book ?

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Hey folks

I know this question may have been asked a lot in this forum. But I'm still stuck with that in my head and it prevent me to invest. I don't know if that's is fear or overthinking. But I really need your help on this one. Here is the think:

It feel like it is easy to invest. You can start anywhere, anytime. for example:
  • Real Estate: There are way to start here with very little money
  • laundromat
  • online website
  • Amazon FBA
  • and so much more
But without exact number, I fell like we have less than 20% of people who really invest. I was expecting the market to be saturated with all those options. But when I looks training coach, it looks like no. It looks like people don't want to be rich. And for me, a work alcoholic, that's strange.

And at the end, I feel like there is something that is not said. I want to have a small understanding of why ? Why people find so hard to open a business even when it is easy ( online store ) ? Why the market is not saturated ? All this question are somehow blocking me. When I have an idea, my question is sometimes, why someone else did not do that ?

Thanks
neyos.
I noticed people pointed out that you should read the books in another thread that you started.

As I see it, people are funneled into two directions: 1. get a job and enjoy your life, 2. or be frugal and set your money aside - invest in the stock market so that you can retire rich.

Becoming an entrepreneur is a special case that many people never consider because it is "well established" that this path is risky and only appropriate for a special breed of person.

I don't think it is smart to equate "investing" with starting a business. Most people think about investing as "letting your money work for you".
Yes, you invest time and money when you start a business, but it is different enough to use different terminology.

I also wouldn't agree that any of your examples are easy. For me (in Germany) even with a pretty okay programmer salary it is a financial stretch to poke the market even once with either one of these.
I am currently attempting to do just that with a SaaS product (probably a kind of "online website" that you have in mind) and just paying the tax advisor alone will be really painful.
A laundromat? Feels like you need crazy rich parents to even afford the rent, let alone buy the equipment.

That said, there are relatively easy options and quite a few people do strike out. These people do create some kind of saturation in these markets. That is why the books (TMF , Unscripted , TGRRE - see Don't Just Build a Business... Build A Life!) mention the "Commandment of Entry". When many people try to get rich by blogging ... or through podcasts, then there are saturation effects and it gets harder to get noticed.

What observation or impulse makes you say these things are easy?
What stage are you at on your execution journey?

neyos

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Oct 6, 2021
I noticed people pointed out that you should read the books in another thread that you started.

As I see it, people are funneled into two directions: 1. get a job and enjoy your life, 2. or be frugal and set your money aside - invest in the stock market so that you can retire rich.

Becoming an entrepreneur is a special case that many people never consider because it is "well established" that this path is risky and only appropriate for a special breed of person.

I don't think it is smart to equate "investing" with starting a business. Most people think about investing as "letting your money work for you".
Yes, you invest time and money when you start a business, but it is different enough to use different terminology.

I also wouldn't agree that any of your examples are easy. For me (in Germany) even with a pretty okay programmer salary it is a financial stretch to poke the market even once with either one of these.
I am currently attempting to do just that with a SaaS product (probably a kind of "online website" that you have in mind) and just paying the tax advisor alone will be really painful.
A laundromat? Feels like you need crazy rich parents to even afford the rent, let alone buy the equipment.

That said, there are relatively easy options and quite a few people do strike out. These people do create some kind of saturation in these markets. That is why the books (TMF , Unscripted , TGRRE - see Don't Just Build a Business... Build A Life!) mention the "Commandment of Entry". When many people try to get rich by blogging ... or through podcasts, then there are saturation effects and it gets harder to get noticed.

What observation or impulse makes you say these things are easy?
What stage are you at on your execution journey?
Thanks for your reply. First, I want to mention that I'm in US.

You are right it may not be easy and I did not start yet on that.

I said it is easy because that's how it is presented by the investor/entrepreneur guru. Nowadays, let's took a concrete example. Opening a laundromat. that's what I'm interested in and saving for now.

But when you google online, it looks like the business can not fail. It is displayed as a High rate of success business ( 95% success rate over time ) and it is described as a perfect business to buy. Some laundromat owner guru display it as so easy. Offering sometimes a 30 min training on that. Explaining that's it is enough to keep you going. It is difficult to found a cons on buying a laundromat. And is easier to have a loan on a business like that ( said those guru ) because you take the loan as a business, not an individual. only the interest rate may be the problem here.

So with all those good statistics, I ends up with those kind of question. Why people are selling their laundromat ? Why everyone is not owning one ?

Thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.