The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question: Millionaire Fastlane vs. The Great Rat Race Escape

Anything related to matters of the mind

sweetspot

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 6, 2015
Sturgis, South Dakota
I'm currently reading the Unscripted : Escaping the Rat Race book. Sorry, but it seems to be a rehash of the previous Unscripted book. But I don't mind. I like to have audiobooks playing in the background.

In this book, there's a scene where "Jeff" orders a bunch of custom tee-shirts.

And his wife "Sam" berates him for doing that. Didn't you read the previous Demarco books I gave you? (transcribed) she says.

Here's the crazy thing. After I read Millionaire Fastlane , I ordered 100 custom printed tee-shirts (hoping to sell them at the Sturgis rally, I live nearby). I still have most of them after 6 years. I discovered that the tee-shirt stalls don't take tee-shirts from random people. They have their own pipelines.

This is making me wonder if there was some advice in Millionaire Fastlane NOT to do tee-shirts and I somehow ignored it.

Break it down for me please, how would the information in Millionaire Fastlane be a proscription against doing custom tee-shirts (and if you can find information in there that WOULD support custom tee-shirts, please share that too... thanks... )

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DonnieBrasco

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Feb 18, 2020
SEA - EU - AFRICA
I'm currently reading the Unscripted : Escaping the Rat Race book. Sorry, but it seems to be a rehash of the previous Unscripted book. But I don't mind. I like to have audiobooks playing in the background.

And his wife "Sam" berates him for doing that. Didn't you read the previous Demarco books I gave you? (transcribed) she says.

Here's the crazy thing. After I read Millionaire Fastlane , I ordered 100 custom printed tee-shirts (hoping to sell them at the Sturgis rally, I live nearby). I still have most of them after 6 years. I discovered that the tee-shirt stalls don't take tee-shirts from random people. They have their own pipelines.

This is making me wonder if there was some advice in Millionaire Fastlane NOT to do tee-shirts and I somehow ignored it.

Break it down for me please, how would the information in Millionaire Fastlane be a proscription against doing custom tee-shirts (and if you can find information in there that WOULD support custom tee-shirts, please share that too... thanks... )
pretty sure the millionaire fastlane mentions the barrier of entry, t-shirt businesses have virtually no barrier of entry, everyone can get started within 24h if not less.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sorry, but it seems to be a rehash of the previous Unscripted book.

On another note...

This is why I write books that "rehash" certain concepts because readers fail to fully comprehend, or acclimate the lessons. This is why TGRRE is a full novel with the CENTS concepts integrated because it offers a new, in-application perspective.

Ultimately, under no circumstances should someone who read TMF come to the conclusion to peddle t-shirts.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the book and get value from it.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
On another note...

This is why I write books that "rehash" certain concepts because readers fail to fully comprehend, or acclimate the lessons. This is why TGRRE is a full novel with the CENTS concepts integrated because it offers a new, in-application perspective.

Ultimately, under no circumstances should someone who read TMF come to the conclusion to peddle t-shirts.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the book and get value from it.
I think it is a must to rehash the previous concepts because the latest book is an upgraded version of the previous book.

If otherwise, the reader might say “You mean I have to buy all three books to get what MJ wants to teach? That’s not fair to reader and a waste of time.”

While I have bought unscripted , if I need to refer all I need to is to look at the latest book now. I don’t have to comb across two books.

I think maybe there are two types of audience. Those looking for a storybook. Or others like me looking for a textbook.

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Depends if you have anything proprietary to qualify as a good barrier to entry.

Example Mr Beast can chop him name on the T shirt and sell at a high premium above cost. Because he has spent years building an audience for his style of content that focus on challenges and generous giveaway.

Last edited:

RyanSki

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Mar 17, 2014
I think it is a must to rehash the previous concepts because the latest book is an upgraded version of the previous book.

You mean I have to buy all three books to get what MJ wants to teach? That’s not fair to reader and a waste of time.

While I have bought unscripted , if I need to refer all I need to is to look at the latest book now. I don’t have to comb across two books.

I think maybe there are two types of audience. Those looking for a storybook. Or others like me looking for a textbook.
His newest book has every concept in it! You don't need his other books. The T shirt idea breaks the commandment of entry which is discussed in the Great Rat Race Escape (business principle 44, the Fastlane Strategy).

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
His newest book has every concept in it! You don't need his other books. The T shirt idea breaks the commandment of entry which is discussed in the Great Rat Race Escape (business principle 44, the Fastlane Strategy).
Ya I understand and I like it that way. Every version is an upgrade.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.