The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Promotions in Corporate World

Anything related to matters of the mind

brainhippie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 9, 2018
I see all these posts and situations where people spent 10 years working for a company and finally get a promotion. Is this the norm? Why do people do this. Seems like it goes completely against what the fast lane is. I can't imagine myself doing the same thing for 10 years and going nowhere just to receive a promotion. Just my thoughts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I see all these posts and situations where people spent 10 years working for a company and finally get a promotion. Is this the norm? Why do people do this. Seems like it goes completely against what the fast lane is. I can't imagine myself doing the same thing for 10 years and going nowhere just to receive a promotion. Just my thoughts.
Well that game is about having decent above average performance and good personal connection with the higher superior.

Being respected by the people working below you is a huge plus also. Big shots do not want to promote someone hated bu the foot soldiers.

Luck is also important if you want to move higher up in the pyramid. A lot of times when your direct superior left the company tends to airdrop someone with similar position recruited from other company. It takes luck for the company to consider promoting someone within.

Nico Marten

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
May 4, 2019
USA
Comfortability. After so many years working at the same cubicle with the same coworkers many believe its exhausting updating their resumes and going to interviews.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

Most people do not have awareness of alternatives, because they don't value critical thought. They find a pattern and stick to it, which eventually gets reinforced by starting a family and "settling down".

Other people are risk averse, and live their lives based on what fear tells them to do. They may yearn for a more interesting life, but they never allow themselves to take chances.

Another group of people are willfully ignorant. They write off better options as "based on luck" or "requiring too much sacrifice". This group is just lazy and lacking in initiative. This group of people is the easiest to control, because they are the most predictable.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.