The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Process guy, trying to take the steering wheel

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi all,

I just finished reading TMF and loved most aspects of it. Still, I feel it trivializes the question of how you can break free from day job dependence. It describes the issues well, but does not provide any solutions.

[EDIT]
Now that I am reading UNSCRIPTED I understand the sentiment behind the dismissals that bothered me. If anybody feels that way, UNSCRIPTED really does round out many of the aspects that are not handled in detail in TMF .
[/EDIT]

I have successfully avoided debt, relationships and pretty much all other kinds of commitments that could get in the way. I have saved money (at times up to 30% of my salary) over the course of 10 years and now I can afford maybe 6 month of working on a business (which is not even close to enough) and so far I see no way of getting more runway, except for working another 5 to 10 years when, on paper, I have made all the right calls (obviously not correct ... but I do not see where I went wrong).

I do have an idea that seems awesome in both the scale and magnitude department. I am no stranger to process, have read many books about business / marketing, have 10 years of Java programming experience and an idea of what my Tesla style Master Plan would look like - with enough wiggle room to not make it a pointless business plan.

Still, I have a hard time imagining how I can invest as much time and energy into the business as I will have to. But I hereby pledge to figure this out ... and soon.

Cheers,

Andreas

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...