• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

INTRO One bird who is struggling to fight its way out of the egg.

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by gracekyung, Apr 15, 2019.

1. gracekyung

gracekyung New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $51
    How do you do? I am from South Korea.
    I have read the book Unscripted in the Korean version. I was fascinated by the message of life and entrepreneurship, so I decided to join the Fastlane Entrepreneur Forum with poor English.

After 1990s Asian financial crisis, South Koreans think choosing safe jobs are number one wisdom. Many conglomerates collapsed and our workaholic fathers lost their jobs. Grooms with government officials and doctors jobs were best for brides. That kind of atmosphere affected me, too. I was an obedient and kind daughter who studies hard and listen to my grateful parent, following traditional Confucian teaching. I went to a good university and worked as a banker after graduation. Bank invested by governments was considered as a safe heaven job with relatively high salary because these financial institutions are too big to fail. Then I was a good worker who follows company manuals and worked overtime like many workaholic Koreans.

One day, one client came to me and shouted I sold f...derivative commodity which damaged his company a lot. I explained to him and tried to keep calm. The bank brought to court and won. The client was lost. He lost his lifelong accomplishment, company. I was still a good banker who sold successfully fraud goods as the bank head office said . but I lost my passion and felt guilty. I became a zombie, just waiting for a salary like my co-workers and branch managers.

My friend brought me a new famous bakery, Maybell Bakery known for its wholesome, simple baked goods, most of their bread is not only vegan but also sugar-free and loyal customers. That bakery was closed if all bread was sold. Sometimes 1 PM. Most ordinary bakeries are open until 10 PM in Korea. and I was also shocked the owner of this bakery was once an ordinary researcher in the cement company.
    Do I have a loyal customer? Do I have my own brand? Do I know well goods to sell? Do I have passion? ~~~ No No No No No.....

When I read your book, I felt MJ DeMarco told me personally.
    Now I am preparing the second chapter of my life as an entrepreneur. I am a bird who is struggling to fight its way out of the egg. I should reset my mind and environment as a master and boss. I have no more manuals to follow. I have no more prepared goods to sell from head office.
    I hope I can share my story sometime, how I succeeded in leaving (considered safe) nests at the edge of cliffs and building new place many people want to explore once in a lifetime.

I hope joining the FEF is getting compass for my journey. Thank you.

2. NMdad

NMdad Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,018
    Welcome to the tribe! How can we help you?

Suzanne Bazemore and gracekyung like this.
  3. LinorCG

LinorCG Walking the talk Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,833
    There are no manuals but there are experiences of people who have done it here.

Keep reading and there are gold nuggets everywhere! Welcome to the forum.

4. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $395,639
    Admin Post
    Welcome Grace, nice to have you!

5. Ernman

Ernman Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,015
    Welcome to the forum Grace. You'll find many fascinating things to learn and share here. I really enjoy that we have members from all around the world. It demonstrates the universality of The FASTLANE!

You will crack that shell and set yourself free. We're all here to help.

AgainstAllOdds and gracekyung like this.
  6. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $28,498
  7. Suzanne Bazemore

Suzanne Bazemore Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,811
    Hi, Grace! Welcome to the forum!
    I am in the same boat as you, and I hope that you will be able to share your success story soon, or even your failures, because the failures mean that you are trying.

AgainstAllOdds likes this.
  8. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $64,562
    Best of luck Grace.

Do you know what kind of business you want to pursue?

Suzanne Bazemore likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.