The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

On my last business, On my way to retirement!!

lunga ngcobo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 29, 2019
Started selling candy, snacks and cigarettes from primary school level just to have spending money at school, but clothes that i desired. Both parents uneducated, father worked as a factory driver and mom as domestic laborer. beside all they negative things while growing up, I always knew i would end up an entrepreneur.

Ok next level: i finished High school decided to follow the crowd by attending university and later dropped out. two years after went to a private college then dropped out after One year. I was depressed a for year after after the drop out. few later my daddy retired and decided to fund my business which sold bulk airtime... well that also went south because it lurked control. after my failed business i decided to relocated to Johannesburg the day after my shop was closed. with only bus fees and a few extra bucks, i arrived in the new city with just R50(roughly 4-USD). Shit very risky huh??

OK my advantage was i had my cousin who lived in an apartment so i resided there... went hungry for a few months because he wouldn't give me food.

Big Break!! or should i say Little break... lol. I had another cousin who owned a events catering business... he one day called me to help him with this event he was catering for, then in the afternoon paid me R150 ($13) biggest amount of money ive had in months!! what did i do with that money... i bought candy, cigarettes and a few other stuff to sell at the apartment i lived at.

Wow. from R150 i started bootstrapping my shop and added more stuff and within a few months i converted the front of the apartment in a full tuckshop. and then found my self and investor who offered me more money to grow the shop.

Another Mistake: I then had this crazy idea that i should launch more tuckshops in different area. My target number 10 shops! so i keep selling daily till 12:00 mid night. Going to a hip-hop night club in the city i met and Australian lady who was eager to move to South Africa but did not know what business to run when she got here... Guess what?? my silly 10 shop idea worked for her so she invested. a few months later the business crumbled coz of poor planning and stupid calculations.

Saddest moments of my life: A failed man one again, I decided to go back to my home town in Tongaat where i found my daddy terminally ill with cancer, he soon passed and mom followed a month later. Worst feeling ever. what was left was a tiny house, my 2 sisters and a huge empty yard.

My Bounce Back!! I had a few bucks saved from the failed tuckshop business and i though OH MAN! what am i going to do... Parents left nothing for us! I realized that property rentals was on the rise in our town because the airport had recently relocated from the main city of Durban to our small town Tongaat.

No income and just a few thousand bucks i stared monitoring the guys who were building houses in our area and I started copying their building skills. Soon after i Bought building material and started building a single studio apartment behind my parent's house, a month later i was approached by my first tenant and received my first rental income. 3 years bootstrapping that business had build 12 studio apartments around my home. Sounds good huh??... Now i had ever flowing income and i didn't have to work for it!! yey!!

I was missing the fast lane: Soon after i realized how hard it was to duplicate this property rental business i was running. Damn!! Surfing the internet one day i came across the book, The millionaire Fastlane which soon confirmed that my property business would take me ages to retire with millions in my stock portfolio. My friend Mfundo came over one weeked and spent R4000 ($350) on clubbing. what the hell!! i asked him where he got the money, he then told me he just made R24 000 on the internet that week. F*ck!!

My lane Change: I soon started learning how to build a website which took me ages but was finally done. I build a web service and placed an AD on facebook.

I got 610 people using the service the first month. i charge R75 per lead to listing companies... now you can do the math!! LOL!!

ON MY WAY TO MILLIONS AND EARLY RETIREMENT: My business still operates locally in South africa and i am working on spreading it internationally... hopefully by next year i will buy my first LAMBO! peace!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Which service?

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Very strange that nobody replied to this till today....

Good hustle my friend! It is good to hear that you're killing it, and you didn't give up after your failures. You have a true African spirit! :)

Well done, and keep going.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Lunga writes much in the forums!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lunga ngcobo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 29, 2019
Very strange that nobody replied to this till today....

Good hustle my friend! It is good to hear that you're killing it, and you didn't give up after your failures. You have a true African spirit! :)

Well done, and keep going.
most people here are lazy at reading long threads so im guessing thats the reason i had such little response :playful::playful:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.