The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New IL-based Entrepreneur: family reunification followed by success!

D

Deleted87795

Hello all! I hope all of you (and your friends/families) are healthy and safe.

I'm currently living in the suburbs of Chicago (born and raised in IL), with a wife and stepchildren in Canada. Unfortunately, getting to them has proven to be more than difficult, and now I'm in the predicament of needing to come up with about 10k$ USD for an immigration lawyer (with the immigration lawyer: I'm in Canada within 6 months with permanent residency; without the lawyer, I will not get to be reunited with my family for 2-3 years).

And that's how I landed here. I've spent the last year of my life studying everything I can in order to become financially independent, but more importantly, I've spent the last year of my life figuring out how to conjure income to ensure I'm able to spend as much time with my wife and kids as possible. Anyway, I randomly stumbled upon this forum a couple of weeks ago and absolutely loved it. Immediately purchased both of Mr. DeMarco's books and within the last week or so, I've read both books twice. Absolutely blown away.

Both books have completely shifted my mentality towards nearly every aspect of life. I'm 31 years old with no net worth (I lost about 25k in investments after C0VlD-19 hit) and an awful part-time, retail job. Luckily for me, however, I've never lacked ambition, nor a sense of work ethic. I merely lacked the knowledge.

I feel completely revitalized: mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and physically (I quit smoking cigarettes and continued my fitness goals the instant I finished reading both books). Moving forward, my short-term goal is obvious/simple: create revenue to cover my immigration lawyer ASAP. Once I'm reunited with my family, the long-term goals will be chased and obtained. Wealth means two things to me:

1. Providing my family (especially our children) with as many options/opportunities as possible
2. Helping as many people as I possibly can

My vocabulary will never adequately explain how happy and excited I am to be here. Thank you for accepting me into the community, and I look forward to meeting like-minded individuals.

P.S. I'd like to give Mr. DeMarco a special shout-out:

I can honestly say, sir, if I had been able to read these books at 15 years old, I would've been a millionaire by 21 (I have no doubts about this at all, though admittedly, it's probably a good thing it didn't play out like that, hah). Your story is truly inspiring and not only that, but your sheer creativity, ingenuity, and the way you approach life is simply remarkable. I cannot thank you enough for your books and knowledge. You have changed my life in more ways than I'll ever be able to explain. No worries though, I'll definitely be doing everything I can to prove it.

I hope everyone has a phenomenal weekend!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...