The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Introduction, Game Dev (10M+ Plays)

iivalky

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jul 9, 2022
Canada
Basic info
Hi everyone,
My online name is iivalky (which has 0 meaning whatsoever - just sounds interesting)
I am from Ontario, Canada
Why I joined
I have read @MJ DeMarco 's book "The Millionaire Fastlane " which I found to be very helpful (this is a must read if you haven't already). Another reason that I joined is because I would like to network with others who have similar goals in mind and help people along my Fastlane to success!
My background
I have found success inside of the online entertainment industry developing indie games which in total have gained almost 10,000,000 plays since 2020 (and is rapidly climbing since my latest release). This is currently my most efficient income source as it is almost entirely passive and is very, very scalable.
My Future
Most of my income will be put towards investments (Stocks in the near future, then I'll start looking at rental properties by 20). I want to own tens or even hundreds of rental properties, (not to mention a few Lambos/Ferraris ). I want to be living entirely off of passive income by 40.

--------------------------------------------------

I look forward to becoming a member of the Fastlane community!

- iivalky

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pranav_Banerjee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 28, 2022
My background
I have found success inside of the online entertainment industry developing indie games which in total have gained almost 10,000,000 plays since 2020 (and is rapidly climbing since my latest release). This is currently my most efficient income source as it is almost entirely passive and is very, very scalable.

Holy! That sounds awesome!
Welcome to the community, mate :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, congrats! Any stories you can share about your success!?

Welcome to the forum.

iivalky

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jul 9, 2022
Canada
Wow, congrats! Any stories you can share about your success!?

Welcome to the forum.
My journey started just a few years ago. As a completely oblivious child, I joined an online gaming platform called Roblox to simply play some games. Unaware the potential success, I decided to start making my own games on the very same platform. I began making very, very primitive games (they were awful). As I began to slowly release more and more games (they were all created for myself or for my friends to enjoy but were still public for anyone else to), I realized that one of my games (probably my 50th) had gotten 300 plays. In that very moment, I had gotten my very first taste of success and imminently wanted more of it. In this game you played as a spider and had to survive AI humans who tried to squash the player. Soon after I realized the cause of its 'large' amount of visitors. Firstly, I had made a unique, niche game, and secondly, people were finding my game via the platform's search engine by searching "Spider". My game would show up as it had "Spider" in its title and people would try it! Two years later, I decided to come out with a sequel. The success was instant: I had thousands play in the first day. The game began growing to the point where it had 300 people online at once - the same amount my first game initially received! Another two years passed, and I realized I could be doing even better! I came out with yet ANOTHER game (just 2-3 months ago in fact!) By that point, I had professional connections with highly experienced coders who I was able to hire (in fact I still cannot do complex coding - I work on visuals such as models and stuff). I paid them a lump sum total of about $250 (which I earned from my 2nd spider game) for coding the main mechanics of the game (GUI navigation, in-game items, animations, etc.) Was that $250 well spent? Let's just say I made that amount back rather... quickly with my new game. All of my games totaled now average 300 - 550 players online at once and have almost 10 mil visits. $250 well spent.

Statistics:
(Revenue is in CAD and is estimated)

Spider Game #1:
Release: 2018
Like Ratio: 38% (ouch)
Current Visits: 700,000
Daily Revenue: Probably a few cents
Average Players: 0 - 10

Spider Game #2:
Release: 2020
Like Ratio: 66%
Current Visits: 8,100,000
Daily Revenue: $15 - $30
Average Players: 25 - 200

Animal Game #3:
Release: 2022
Like Ratio: 73%
Current Visits: 800,000
Daily Revenue: $80 - $130
Average Players: 200 - 350

And whatever else the future may hold :D

If I can accomplish this, anyone can. It just takes commitment.

Last edited:

Asap_Luca

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 31, 2022
Hello! How did you create an app? Because I’m trying to do it and I’m very curious from what you started? Something related to html/css/JavaScript? What framework you used? Congrats for your results

iivalky

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jul 9, 2022
Canada
Hello! How did you create an app? Because I’m trying to do it and I’m very curious from what you started? Something related to html/css/JavaScript? What framework you used? Congrats for your results
Hi Asap_Luca,
I use a development platform called Roblox which takes LUA coding, everything is supplied (and free) from the company including the creator studio. You're paid in an online currency which out can cash out once you reach a certain amount... 100,000 currency = $350 USD. I'm not sure if there are more efficient or profitable platforms out there but this is the one I use, since I've been happy with the exchange rate - I know some people who makes a few thousand per day from this ($1-2k). There are other options such as Unity, but I've never used it and I know nothing about it's profitability or design. For me Roblox has just been the easiest platform to find success on.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
Hey, congrats for your success!

I'm not familiar with Roblox. What kind of games are you making? It sounds like it might be mobile games? I just had a look at the tool and can be downloaded for phones, and from some other stores.

I'm surprised that you managed to get highly experienced coders to build parts of your game for $250 though. That's around 5-10 hours of work (depending on hourly rate) in your country, which is very little. Did you outsource abroad?

I was into game development a few years ago before quitting. Ironically, one of my games started to get some players out of nowhere now, after 3 years of radio silence, when I've already moved into greener pastures, lol.

EDIT: Sorry, I just realised that Roblox looks like some app where you can play, and developers upload their games? So it's not mobile games or PC games per se, just some integrated platform for players and developers?

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
My journey started just a few years ago. As a completely oblivious child, I joined an online gaming platform called Roblox to simply play some games. Unaware the potential success, I decided to start making my own games on the very same platform. I began making very, very primitive games (they were awful). As I began to slowly release more and more games (they were all created for myself or for my friends to enjoy but were still public for anyone else to), I realized that one of my games (probably my 50th) had gotten 300 plays. In that very moment, I had gotten my very first taste of success and imminently wanted more of it. In this game you played as a spider and had to survive AI humans who tried to squash the player. Soon after I realized the cause of its 'large' amount of visitors. Firstly, I had made a unique, niche game, and secondly, people were finding my game via the platform's search engine by searching "Spider". My game would show up as it had "Spider" in its title and people would try it! Two years later, I decided to come out with a sequel. The success was instant: I had thousands play in the first day. The game began growing to the point where it had 300 people online at once - the same amount my first game initially received! Another two years passed, and I realized I could be doing even better! I came out with yet ANOTHER game (just 2-3 months ago in fact!) By that point, I had professional connections with highly experienced coders who I was able to hire (in fact I still cannot do complex coding - I work on visuals such as models and stuff). I paid them a lump sum total of about $250 (which I earned from my 2nd spider game) for coding the main mechanics of the game (GUI navigation, in-game items, animations, etc.) Was that $250 well spent? Let's just say I made that amount back rather... quickly with my new game. All of my games totaled now average 300 - 550 players online at once and have almost 10 mil visits. $250 well spent.

Statistics:
(Revenue is in CAD and is estimated)

Spider Game #1:
Release: 2018
Like Ratio: 38% (ouch)
Current Visits: 700,000
Daily Revenue: Probably a few cents
Average Players: 0 - 10

Spider Game #2:
Release: 2020
Like Ratio: 66%
Current Visits: 8,100,000
Daily Revenue: $15 - $30
Average Players: 25 - 200

Animal Game #3:
Release: 2022
Like Ratio: 73%
Current Visits: 800,000
Daily Revenue: $80 - $130
Average Players: 200 - 350

And whatever else the future may hold :D

If I can accomplish this, anyone can. It just takes commitment.

Very cool!

iivalky

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jul 9, 2022
Canada
Hey, congrats for your success!

I'm not familiar with Roblox. What kind of games are you making? It sounds like it might be mobile games? I just had a look at the tool and can be downloaded for phones, and from some other stores.

I'm surprised that you managed to get highly experienced coders to build parts of your game for $250 though. That's around 5-10 hours of work (depending on hourly rate) in your country, which is very little. Did you outsource abroad?

I was into game development a few years ago before quitting. Ironically, one of my games started to get some players out of nowhere now, after 3 years of radio silence, when I've already moved into greener pastures, lol.

EDIT: Sorry, I just realised that Roblox looks like some app where you can play, and developers upload their games? So it's not mobile games or PC games per se, just some integrated platform for players and developers?
I make cartoon styled indie games. The platform supports mobile, PC and console gaming and is geared towards a slightly younger generation (if I had to guess - there's all kinds of different age groups on it but I think it's mostly >18). So yea basically developers can upload their creations to the platform.

My coders are close friends that I've known for years (one of them even insisted against payment and wanted to help out as a favor but I paid anyways). They can work quite quickly, so I paid them in piece work rather than hourly. I've also done some 3D modelling work for them in the past so it's sorta like a work for work trade as well.

Game developing could be stressful at times (worrying about releasing, ads, data storage, etc. ) but is certainly one of the most scalable careers. Right now, as I write this, people are pressing the 'buy' button on my products (which is either purchasable in-game currency or exclusive characters) and I'm not even doing anything. If you could get into game developing, you could do very well. I believe that I'm not even making the maximum from my game - I only have 3 on-sale "character passes" (which award exclusive characters... + some buyable currency). At it's current position it could probably be making $350+ CAD/day and my game isn't even that big compared to some other ones. I would certainly recommend giving development another shot even in your spare time.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Hey iivaky!

Welcome to the forum, that's really awesome that you create games and how much you achieved. I use to want to develop games back in high school using the Unity 3D engine when it's first version ever came out! One of my long-term goals was to create a game studio haha! That much has changed since.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...