The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Migwell180's Intro

Migwell180

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 23, 2020
CA
Hello everyone,
First off I must admit that I am in the process of reading The Millionaire Fast lane. As of this posting I'm on Ch 14, I read a little bit everyday. I'm a CPA and I have always had an interest in saving money and investing it. As I grew older I started being able to save over 50% of my (after tax) income and investing a lot of it in index mutual funds. My net worth has been going up and up but despite how happy I was to see it grow it still wasn't growing as fast as I wanted it to (only about 2k per month). So I set out to find ways to increase my income from my job and find other investments that returned a higher return than my large cap index mutual funds. So I worked hard at my job, asked and received an 8% raise and found that if I bought small cap index stocks when they were performing poorly and planned to keep them for the long run I would be able to get a much higher return. I also started reading books like the millionaire next door, Think and Grow Rich, and a few others. Now that I'm reading TMFL I realized that I'm more or less in the slow lane.
My issue that I face now is that I haven't been able to find a passive income idea that I want to pursue. I want to start off small, with maybe 30 minutes per day and a 1,000 or less money down. I want to get a feel for the business I'm creating at a small scale, learn it at a small scale to minimize loses and impacts of errors and once I get a good handle on it then I would start to dedicate more time and effort into it and grow it with the final goal of turning it passive. However, while there's a decent amount of ideas out there I haven't been able to pick one that I see myself doing for the long run.

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...