The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Welcome to The Fastlane Entrepreneur Forum.

Register Log in
  • The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 48 hours.

INTRO Life after the Navy!

FriskyFleabag

New Contributor
May 6, 2018
Ill keep this intro pretty short. I have been an automotive technician for most of my adult life. I have a passion for cars/motorcycles like no other. I am an ASE Master Tech and specialized in auto/manual transmissions. After getting a little bored working on the same old cars, I made a different turn in my life. I joined the Navy.

In the Navy I have moved around a few times, got to see a few places, and learned how to work under stress. I have also learned that I don't want to do this for the rest of my life. Fast forward 4 1/2 years and Ive made the decision that there is more to life and I'm ready to pursue it. In 3 months Ill be out.

I'm going to utilize the free college and earn a degree. I have started a part-time transmission repair shop, but I don't see it being anything more than temporary. Just something to pay the bills while I'm in college.

How many of you served in the military and "made it" in the civilian world?

MJ DeMarco

Raving Lunatic
Staff member
Speedway Pass
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Jul 23, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? And are the actions you are taking going to get you there?

Roveso

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 3, 2018
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? And are the actions you are taking going to get you there?
That is precisely what I asked to myself when I turned 30; made me realize my job was taking me somewhere I didn't want to go!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Search Forum