The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Learn/add more value before starting, or scale first & increase magnitude later (web)?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

lol

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 1, 2022
Started making websites. I'm looking at what I can possibly provide to a client other than a website itself with the company's info & such. This is because of the amount of effection that I fear will not be enough. I'd like to make my magnitude higher so I don't have to get 100+ customers just to make a few grand a month (although it's not a bad start).

So I'm at a crossroads now. Do I wait until I master some extra needs a client may want: SEO, Ads, so on.. until I start my cold calling, or start making a name for myself by providing a website, make a one-time profit and come back later to see if they would like add-ons to their website?
I also haven't read a marketing/sales book before, but I know a few sales tactics to make a pitch.

Here's what my current mock-up looks like. Thinking of adding some more buttons and a few more features/pages before I start hosting it. Feel free to give feedback.
1669255644869.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Desolation Row

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2022
Austria
Where I live small local businesses really seem to struggle with the handling of Social Media Accounts, Content, Google Ads, etc.

Maybe you could offer them a holistic solution for all their online needs as a monthly service?

arguino

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 24, 2020
Montreal, Qc, Canada
Started making websites. I'm looking at what I can possibly provide to a client other than a website itself with the company's info & such. This is because of the amount of effection that I fear will not be enough. I'd like to make my magnitude higher so I don't have to get 100+ customers just to make a few grand a month (although it's not a bad start).

So I'm at a crossroads now. Do I wait until I master some extra needs a client may want: SEO, Ads, so on.. until I start my cold calling, or start making a name for myself by providing a website, make a one-time profit and come back later to see if they would like add-ons to their website?
I also haven't read a marketing/sales book before, but I know a few sales tactics to make a pitch.

Here's what my current mock-up looks like. Thinking of adding some more buttons and a few more features/pages before I start hosting it. Feel free to give feedback.
View attachment 46078
Have you gone through @Fox's course? If so when you sell the website you get to learn a lot about the business you're working with, what else have you identified that they might need?

Also how much are you asking for a website? Are you selling yourself short?

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022

View attachment 46078
Have you published case studies?

If You become really really good , than people will come to You, I woul even consider making your first work for free so that can ask them for interviews and feebacks, and also to make experience.

Hope that helps, Davide

arguino

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 24, 2020
Montreal, Qc, Canada
Just reread the thing,

Didn't realize you haven't sold anything yet. As @DavidePaco00 said, get your first projects now, that will bring you the best learning experience right away. You have to learn to walk before running.

lol

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 1, 2022
Have you gone through @Fox's course? If so when you sell the website you get to learn a lot about the business you're working with, what else have you identified that they might need?

Also how much are you asking for a website? Are you selling yourself short?
I haven't done the course. Some might need services like making online purchases or social media like @fl_architect mentioned.

I'm planning on asking for $1k for a basic website. I am brainstorming on things I can provide as add-ons.
Didn't realize you haven't sold anything yet. As @DavidePaco00 said, get your first projects now, that will bring you the best learning experience right away. You have to learn to walk before running.
Sounds good

lol

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 1, 2022
Have you published case studies?

If You become really really good , than people will come to You, I woul even consider making your first work for free so that can ask them for interviews and feebacks, and also to make experience.

Hope that helps, Davide
I haven't published case studies yet but I have experience working on features in "well-known" organizations, was thinking I could use that to charge some amount even if it's under a grand.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.