The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

KNOWLEDGE!!

tapikaipsihremos

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 9, 2019
greece
After reading the millionaire fastlane and other books it is pretty clear to me that I need further information in these subjects :1.Acounting 2.Programming,Web design(computers in general) 3. Managment(how to be the boss) 4.Outsourcing,delegating 5. Marketing

These are a lot of subjects that will take a lot of time to learn. Maybe I don't even need to learn all of them. The problem is where are the good sources to find the information. I guess anything is good from links and books to youtube videos.

Thank you in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
You seem unclear on what to do... Like you have a vague idea. That's just my interpretation but... Have you gone through the gold/notable. You really really really need to know what you are doing.

I still don't myself. But I'm on a mission. Might even go through those gold/notable again. It's just work. But you must do it for the love of the challenge. Have the fire in your belly!

And please don't go buying courses. You have all that you need. I fell under this trap recently only to find nothing special.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
The best teacher is doing. You don’t need in-depth knowledge in:

:1.Acounting
2.Programming,Web design
3. Managment(how to be the boss) 4.Outsourcing,delegating
5. Marketing

to start a business. If this is your first business start small. Look at who you can help with your current knowledge and build from there. Look at how you can bring in your first dollar within a week utilising your current skill set.

Learn on the job. Anything else is just action faking.

mercedesdiesel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 14, 2019
Choose ONE of these subjects and GO. Knowledge is power, watch youtube videos, learn from more books and look for every necessary information about it. Also you should practice it. In my opinion the best idea is to start doing now and wait some time for results. You have to start working now and follow your progress [increasing self-confidence in what you do and maybe first bucks (i think its not necessary at the beginning, more important is satisfaction and gaining experience)].
I think the most important thing is feeling good with what you do. Start now and see what happens. Be patient and never give up.

tapikaipsihremos

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 9, 2019
greece
It isn't possible for me to start a bussiness right now.I am currently working in the military. The law here in Greece states that you are not allowed to have a second job or bussiness if you work in the public sector. Plus I've done the other stupid thing which is to shacle myself with bills that must be payed for the next 6 months ( rent, car, phone etc). All this will change in 6 months. My commission ends in 6 months (that alone will end 80% of my bills , if not all). At that time I will go and work at Mykonos for 5-6 months for double the pay and half the time . This action will give 6-7 months worth of free time to do as I please(no boss and no bills). I 'm not going to quit my job for the reasons listed above. But what I can do is learn . So if you have anything specific to add please feel free to do so. For example top 3 books for programming beginners .

MJ DeMarco said in his book(the millionaire fastlane ) that he read a book a week and you should read at least a book each month.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
you Don’t need to know these things unless it’s relevant to your business.
I know nothing about accounting, and really don’t need to.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
you Don’t need to know these things unless it’s relevant to your business.
I know nothing about accounting, and really don’t need to.
You sure?

Do you know how to read and interrupt financial statements and reverse engineer their numbers to help you determine the health of your company?

Do you use your financial statements to conduct trend analysis?

Do you know your operating cash flow? Is that number higher than your profit? Has it been growing at a bigger percent than your profit? Is your operating cash higher than your investment cash?

Is your accountant using cash based or accrual accounting? I hope its accrual. Most business owners I consult with don't even know the answer to that.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
You sure?

Do you know how to read and interrupt financial statements and reverse engineer their numbers to help you determine the health of your company?

Do you use your financial statements to conduct trend analysis?

Do you know your operating cash flow? Is that number higher than your profit? Has it been growing at a bigger percent than your profit? Is your operating cash higher than your investment cash?

Is your accountant using cash based or accrual accounting? I hope its accrual. Most business owners I consult with don't even know the answer to that.
Do you? Or are you just throwing a bunch of financial jargon at me?

I literally just said I know nothing about accounting, so I don't see the point of your reply.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
Do you? Or are you just throwing a bunch of financial jargon at me?

I literally just said I know nothing about accounting, so I don't see the point of your reply.
Perhaps our communications styles are simply in conflict. :)

I hoped to point out that knowing some things about accounting can be of vast help when running a healthy business.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Perhaps our communications styles are simply in conflict. :)

I hoped to point out that knowing some things about accounting can be of vast help when running a healthy business.
Oh okay, sorry. Text doesn't always translate well. :arghh:

To clarify, I understand finance in very basic terms, and I think it's an important ability to at least be able to tell how much money you're making and how much you're throwing away. But anything more than that I'd rather hire an actual accountant because they can do the job far better than I can.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.